• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen the Battle Palace sucks!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • I can vouch for this.

What do you think is the hardest Generation III battle frontier facility? I hate the Battle Palace. Any nature that isn't Sassy makes it annoying and difficult.

Years
  • man this hurts my feels because I actually like the idea of the battle palace; i think it's the most unique take on pokemon battles that should be offered as battle mode more often in future pokemon games rip

i was more frustrated with the battle pike more than anything else mostly because i dont like my outcome being predetermined by rng

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I honestly had a lot of trouble with the Battle Pike? Until I remembered that steel types exists, ohoho.

But since then, I think the toughest battle facility I went to was the Battle Pyramid because you have to manage your items and Pokemon well as you explore.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've never been to Gen 3's Battle Frontier (never got Emerald), but upon giving the facilities a quick read, the Palace, Pike, and Pyramid all sound pretty gross to me

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Battle Pyramid sucks, like a lot ffs I really hated it.
    Also I see a lot of people had trouble with Battle Pike??? It was imo the easiest one of the lot, or I probably have a lot of luck lmao

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm really surprised a lot of people in here had trouble with the Battle Pike. That's the only Frontier Symbol I have, honestly. I've never had a problem with that one, because I've always used a Metagross in a place like this.

I agree with the Battle Pyramid, though, 100%. There are times I've come close to beating it, but but by the time I get to the end, Brandon's team walls me, and it's over.

Years
  • Battle Pike took me more than a few tries and it wasn't that fun compared to Palace, but that's just me. I also don't like Pyramid for similar reasons.

Years
  • I never managed to finish the Battle Pyramid. I remember that I can't be bothered to fight the darkness and all haha. I managed to complete the others though, if I remember correctly

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • Battle Factory was always my favourite simply because you got to use a wide range of other pokemon and had to craft a 3 team that was universally good..

IIrc the hardest for me was always the battle pike.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Palace and pike were about equally nightmarish as there were too many things you had no control over. Factory managed to offset the rng somewhat since you can still make a strategy around the stuff you pick (also the shivers you get when you see an opponent using Nidoking). I didn't mind pyramid particularly and arena, dome and tower were quite easy compared to the other 4.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • The pyramid was probably the most difficult for me. Can't count how many times I got close to clearing it then got screwed over by stupid status conditions that I failed to prepare for. The pike was the easiest to me though, first symbol I got for both silver and gold.

Back