• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the IDEA DUMP thread

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
  • You can literally look at the above post to see what comment I'm referring to.

It has; the tricky part is all about the locales and its set-up. Maybe it'd make a more intriguing journey RP, but as I said before, I don't think those last all that long. The roleplay I placed in my last post perhaps had too big of a span - we literally had to travel continents to challenge gym leaders. Granted, teleporation technology was a staple of gameplay, but talk about never making a joint post.

Also, I'd like to see how successful a highly inter-communicative RP would be. It might be debilitated if people prove to be too inactive, but stuff like Pokemon Trainer Academy sticks around because it's very simple to communicate and share in each other's adventures. In fact, I've recently been wasting time reading old RPs that are in the Hall of Fame from like 2004, and they were all about making joint posts and talking with the other characters.

I think I'm going to take a stop at Ice's doorstep about that Fakemon RP.​

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    SMH, can't believe I only figured out how to do this today
    The concept of a highly communicative RP intrigues me. You would need to get the right cast though, otherwise you'd be at the mercy of your other RPers too often which can suck if they aren't as devoted.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • I'd quite like to see a gijinka RP where, instead of the players being the typical humans-turned-sorta-Pokémon, they're actually Pokémon-turned-sorta-human, and they have to grow accustomed to human life. I could possibly GM it, but I'd have to flesh it out a hell of a lot more than this, lol.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I would love to see an Elder Scrolls based RP, but it would take a lot of planning and I think it would be more like a Sandbox RP.

I am surprised at the lack of video game based things. But I guess most videos games are RP's anyways and can be done with in a game.

Etherion

Harry Potter and what not ^^

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    A magic school RP seems pretty cool :)

Harry Potter and what not ^^

Can't say I looked too much into it, but isn't this the premise for The Elements?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would LOVE RPs based on:

Firefly
    Space cowboys. Like. Yes.

Sense8
    This is so good that I'll make it myself once I have time. For sure. If you haven't seen it, it's a new Netflix series about 8 people living around the world who can suddenly visit each other like hallucinations/visions and even take control of each other's bodies when necessary. So one char is a good fighter and jumps in in dangerous situations, another one is a doctor with knowledge of drugs, another one is a hacker genius, another one a great liar (and actor) and there's a cop and a hella cute DJ and a gangster without a conscience. And also a bus driver from Nairobi who is amazeballs. That's just the official chars, of course. What I mean is, there's so much potential for amazing character interaction and development, and the same plot with the organization hunting them can even be in an RP.

Years
  • I would LOVE RPs based on:

Firefly
    Space cowboys. Like. Yes.

Sense8
    This is so good that I'll make it myself once I have time. For sure. If you haven't seen it, it's a new Netflix series about 8 people living around the world who can suddenly visit each other like hallucinations/visions and even take control of each other's bodies when necessary. So one char is a good fighter and jumps in in dangerous situations, another one is a doctor with knowledge of drugs, another one is a hacker genius, another one a great liar (and actor) and there's a cop and a hella cute DJ and a gangster without a conscience. And also a bus driver from Nairobi who is amazeballs. That's just the official chars, of course. What I mean is, there's so much potential for amazing character interaction and development, and the same plot with the organization hunting them can even be in an RP.

That actually sounds so freaking good.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • A roleplay based on the Fate franchise and the Holy Grail War would be cool. It'd be interesting to see what kinds of Heroic Spirits people adopt if they're playing as a Servant, and how they would match up with OC Masters.

Years
  • A roleplay based on the Fate franchise and the Holy Grail War would be cool. It'd be interesting to see what kinds of Heroic Spirits people adopt if they're playing as a Servant, and how they would match up with OC Masters.

I tried that with Ozy once. Honestly I'd love to see the idea succeed because it certainly didn't when we did it haha.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Holy grail war yes please.

Been thinking about this one for a little bit.

It Begins
    Science holds that this universe we live in was formed by the big bang, religion holds that it was created by a divine being. Both are equally correct and incorrect at the same time. In the earliest stages of the big bang, our universe was filled with billions of highly intelligent beings. These beings are what religious people would refer to as gods. From the time the expansion of the universe started as a cloud of superheated radiation, to the time when the first stars and galaxies were formed; a war was waged between these primordial life forms to decide which would use this emptiness as their canvas, and paint the worlds as they saw fit.

And of course the sequel
    It Ends
    All of the defeated gods rise up from their graves as the universe grows so big that it starts to break apart. Time becomes nonexistent as past, present and future all begin to coexist. The god who had previously won the rights to create this universe as they saw fit has grown old and decayed. As time fell apart and the gods of old rose again, they took revenge on the old master and ended their life. Now a new war is waged between the gods to rewrite history and save this dying world. But this time there's a new piece on the board - humanity.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    The Borrowers/Arrietty-style roleplay where we all play little people with weird homemade clothes/weapons darting avoiding cats, bumblebees and peoples' feet.

Also I need to bring this back with a few extra mafia mechanics:

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I'm yearning for a old English fantasy RP right now.
    I'm high on the hype of Season 5 Game of Thrones, plus I've been playing a lot of Skyrim so that doesn't help either

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Also I need to bring this back with a few extra mafia mechanics:

Spoiler:

That roleplay is basically written werewolf and it sounds absolutely amazing. Bro make it happen!

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • I had a crazy idea that I'm tempted to create now that I'm back, but not sure if I should due to time and the fact none of my RPs have ever gone well (not much interest).

Very rough draft of my idea (written on the spot):

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I had a crazy idea that I'm tempted to create now that I'm back, but not sure if I should due to time and the fact none of my RPs have ever gone well (not much interest).

Very rough draft of my idea (written on the spot):

Spoiler:

Whilst I'm not sure how it will play out as an RP, I really love the idea and the lore you've given us here. I'm hoping that when you have the time I'll see a write-up in the Planning and Review thread - unless of course someone else takes it on.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • I will see if I can find the time to put some work into it then, and see if I can flesh it out some. I'm just unsure if I really have the time to properly run a Roleplay right now I do not want to waste people's time if I start in and they go through the effort to make great SUs then I cannot properly run it. Considering it will likely be run by me but influenced by the players (IE their characters make choices that drive how they meet their objectives, but I will not force them to take specific paths).

Back