• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Version Exclusives revealed

pkmin3033

Honestly, I'm kinda annoyed about this - even though the games aren't sequels, I had hoped they would swap the version exclusives around this time to give those who want to buy the version that corresponds to the original they bought the opportunity to catch the ones they missed without having to resort to begging on the mercilessly ridiculous GTS.

Oh well.

Years
  • I'm disappointed bc vullaby is a shitty 'mon and I had hoped for something cooler and I'm not a fan of The Wall UB.

at least manectric kind of makes up for it.

Years
  • Aside from Necrozma forms, Ultra Beasts and the Houndour and Electrike lines, these are basically the exact same exclusives Sun & Moon had. Very disappointing.

pkmin3033

I'd be over the moon if I could get every exclusive under the sun without having to buy the opposite version.
    Your post eclipses everything else I've seen in this entire section of the forum to date.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I played Sun, so Im going to choose Ultra Moon because its different. But Im going to need someone to trade an Alolan Vulpix for my play through though.

Overall, I think the version exclusives are pretty balanced. I couldn't say which one I prefer.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • This is a harder decision then what I had hoped. Ultra Moon has Lunala and the cooler UBs (although I'll definitely be hunting for a UB Burst.) But at the same time, every other exclusive favors Ultra Sun for me. I guess that I'll be trading a lot. Also I agree that they should have swapped the old exclusives around this time.

With their previous announcement revealing that way more Pokemon appear in these games, I'm doubtful that these are the only exclusives. But then again who knows.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Eh, not bad. Were the fossils in S/M? I didn't remember there being any, unless it was at that fossil place...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Eh, not bad. Were the fossils in S/M? I didn't remember there being any, unless it was at that fossil place...
    They were. You could buy (iirc) one or the other in a city, and the choice was based on your version. You could then revive them at that fossil place you're remembering.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Version exclusives were always gonna happen. A shame that they don't allow both mascots from previous games to be in one game anymore. I love that you can get both Kyogre and Groudon in Emerald, Dialga and Palkia in Platinum and Lugia and Ho-oh in HGSS.

Years
  • I'm pretty happy about this. I have Sun and wanted Ultra Moon, so this is exactly, what I was hoping for. I even like that Watchtower UB more that the Pennywise one.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I'm disappointed bc vullaby is a ****ty 'mon and I had hoped for something cooler and I'm not a fan of The Wall UB.

at least manectric kind of makes up for it.

I'm the other way around here.

Vullaby and Mandibuzz are good Pokemon although their defensive style may not appeal to some. I Masudaed a Shiny One and she is part of my battle tree. :)

Not a fan of Manectric at all. It's Mega looks silly and how did this get a Mega and Milotic didn't? Houndoom is sonewhat better than the Electric Dog.

Whilst two of my favourite Pokemon lines are Moon exclusives (Petilil line and Vullaby line). I already have both Pokemon and whilst it is annoying missing out on the Alolan Sandshrew is annoying US gets the Alolan Vulpix and for me the better exclusive UBs.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I kind of want Ultra Sun because the Aether Space weirdos that Ultra Sun focuses on are cooler than the ones that Ultra Moon focuses on. But I much prefer the UBs of Ultra Moon, especially the cell wall. I could get Ultra Sun and restart Moon to get more Bamboo Princess UBs but it may be hard finding someone to trade for the brick wall.

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
  • Probably go with Ultra Moon first. With the version exclusives being the same as before with some extras from the updated regional Pok?dex, it wouldn't surprise me if the same goes for clothing you can buy in the shops and I'd like to able to get cooler colours without using the Plaza to get them.

Years
  • Serebii has released more gameplay pictures, confirming a few more additions to the New Alola Dex:
    Spoiler:

I am loving all the new inclusions of the Alola Dex in terms of the older Pokemon. GF really are picking a lot of my faves for the expansion so far!

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    After reading some discussions on other topics, one thing hit me: Do Solgaleo or Lunala appear as version exclusives? As I can't read what's under the Necrozma Formes' images, I don't know for sure, but it seems that the only exclusive is the Forme itself, not the two previous core legendaries. Perhaps we will get both, but our Necrozma will only be able to absorb one of them depending on the version? Sounds weird.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I have Sun so I'll be getting UM, but I like UB Burst more than the jenga tower, so I'llbe trading very quickly. I for one hope that Lunala will be obtainable in UM (and that they don't pull a B&W2)

Years
  • After reading some discussions on other topics, one thing hit me: Do Solgaleo or Lunala appear as version exclusives? As I can't read what's under the Necrozma Formes' images, I don't know for sure, but it seems that the only exclusive is the Forme itself, not the two previous core legendaries. Perhaps we will get both, but our Necrozma will only be able to absorb one of them depending on the version? Sounds weird.

I have Sun so I'll be getting UM, but I like UB Burst more than the jenga tower, so I'llbe trading very quickly. I for one hope that Lunala will be obtainable in UM (and that they don't pull a B&W2)

I'm pretty sure Solgaleo and Lunala will remain version exclusives for their respective version.

Back