• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Keyboards

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What have you got? :) any mechanical keyboard?

Years
  • Mechanical all the way!!!

I have a Corsair K70 :> cannot go back to membrane keyboards at all once you go mechanical

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think you mean membrane there ;)

Yes, I can't type on laptops well anymore hhaha.

I have currently in my possession...
    - Varmilo VA88M (Cherry Mx Brown)
    - Anne Pro 2 (Gateron Red) this is my dear baby for gaming
    - HHKB Pro Jp (topre, BKE Light Domes) but this is just borrowed from a friend
    - a custom DZ60rgb in a purple Tofu case; this is my favorite
    - one more that is secret for now

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have become ruined by the custom mech keeb community. Corsair is something they don't want to touch even with prongs since its quality is comparably bad haha. Still, I like the rgb of my bf's k65 or whatever its model is :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I mean I have enjoyed Corsair keyboards for over 4 years now and they served me greatly its quality to me is superb

I'm sure it is quite good actually, you get kind of what you pay for. But with custom keyboards and a little work yourself, you can achieve even better results. Granted, usually for more money haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have a sucky laptop keyboard. Some of the keys stick, so I end up making typos. I gets frustrating. My laptop is really old as well, so that's why the keyboard sucks so bad.
    Just get a keyboard to hook up to your laptop :3

Years
  • Im still on the hunt for a keyboard! Debating going for the corsair route vs the custom one. What I am sure though is that i want either silver or brown switches fhdksm

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Im still on the hunt for a keyboard! Debating going for the corsair route vs the custom one. What I am sure though is that i want either silver or brown switches fhdksm
    I would recommend red or "hako violet" switches instead of uber light silvers or grainy browns :3 both red and violet are still quite light. The red (gateron red is better than mx red) is linear, while brown/violets have a tactile bump.

If you have some monies to spare (especially if you were planning on going for a >100 USD Corsair anyways) and think that it is ok to have a 60% keyboard, I can help you find parts that are easy to put together and gives you a fantastic little beautiful thing 💗💗

Spoiler:

If you're mostly after cute rgb in a sensation that is nicer to type on than a Corsair (and looks better hehe) but don't want to spend dat money, I still recommend ordering an Anne Pro 2 from amazon or banggood :)

Spoiler:

Here is my white AP2 that I changed keycaps on and spray painted the case a bit on:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I would recommend red or "hako violet" switches instead of uber light silvers or grainy browns :3 both red and violet are still quite light. The red (gateron red is better than mx red) is linear, while brown/violets have a tactile bump.

If you have some monies to spare (especially if you were planning on going for a >100 USD Corsair anyways) and think that it is ok to have a 60% keyboard, I can help you find parts that are easy to put together and gives you a fantastic little beautiful thing 💗💗

If you're mostly after cute rgb in a sensation that is nicer to type on than a Corsair (and looks better hehe) but don't want to spend dat money, I still recommend ordering an Anne Pro 2 from amazon or banggood :)

Here is my white AP2 that I changed keycaps on and spray painted the case a bit on:
    Spoiler:

I've actually been reading up, and was thinking of Kaihl box whites (on a Black Anne Pro 2 bc whites for me seem to get dirty really easily) but the hako violet is also REALLY interesting gfsdkjhal
    But the AP2 with that configuration above would cost me roughly $153 so what do you have in mind for the custom one :eyes:

Years
  • Athena my media server she uses a keyboard by saitek i think its a standard keyboard though i may eventually replace it with something else as the leds in its backlight arent bright

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've actually been reading up, and was thinking of Kaihl box whites (on a Black Anne Pro 2 bc whites for me seem to get dirty really easily) but the hako violet is also REALLY interesting gfsdkjhal
    But the AP2 with that configuration above would cost me roughly $153 so what do you have in mind for the custom one :eyes:
    I have Hako violets now! They are TACTILE af

I just do not understand why people go so mad over different keyboards. :')
    I really like that they are things that you can mix and match and create yourself, that they look good, feel good and sound good :3

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I can't comment on the physical 'board (dirty laptop user here), but I couldn't imagine switching back from my current layout (further customized with swapping Ctrl with Alt and putting Backspace on Caps Lock and Ctrl+h) even if it does make me look like a 70 year old man when I try to type on someone else's.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I can't comment on the physical 'board (dirty laptop user here), but I couldn't imagine switching back from my current layout (further customized with swapping Ctrl with Alt and putting Backspace on Caps Lock and Ctrl+h) even if it does make me look like a 70 year old man when I try to type on someone else's.
    The keyboards I handle are fully programmable c: your weird layout tastes can all be accomodated with software~

There are even some odd hardware layouts that have become popular in the enthusiast community.

Years
  • I can't comment on the physical 'board (dirty laptop user here), but I couldn't imagine switching back from my current layout (further customized with swapping Ctrl with Alt and putting Backspace on Caps Lock and Ctrl+h) even if it does make me look like a 70 year old man when I try to type on someone else's.

ngl i thought nobody used dvorak in this day and age

Back