• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callīope1

█ uranianUmbra
Years
It might be good, but beating the first one is unlikely.

Did you guys know that Toy Story is 18 years old? It still looks amazing... and Jurassic Park is 20 years old! Neither of them are cheesy at all n_n It's just amazing to think about, tbqh.

Oh my god, don't say that, it makes me feel really old. XD

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It might be good, but beating the first one is unlikely.

Oh my god, don't say that, it makes me feel really old. XD

Haha, don't worry, I feel old saying it too ;-; I saw both in theaters! I feel old xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Oh, so is it time for the 90s kids to start feeling old? Good times. It's a strange thing to realize things that were new in your childhood are pushing 20 years old already. I used to read about people thinking it would take ages for anything from the 90s to be considered "old" and that just feels odd to me since we're more than a decade removed from that era now.

Also, I've seen movies from pretty much every decade since the medium was invented. I think my favorite older movie out there is Harvey, starring James Stewart. Being raised on older sitcoms thanks to Nick at Nite made that style of acting much more accessible to me.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I was raised on Nick at Nite too! I really love I dream of Jeannie and Bewitched n_n both are excellent and funny shows, imo.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Man, yeah, I loved Bewitched. I can still remember the call in voting they did to decide the audience's favorite Darrin. (totally Dick York for me)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Yeah, Dick York was definitely my favorite Darrin as well. I just loved watching them... there was something special about them. B)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Feeling so good about passing the first year of uni with good grades eep! Anyone else had some good news recently? :D

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Hmm, good news? Well, umm... nope no good news lately. :( Got denied for the job I wanted, but I don't want to put everyone in a sour mood.

My wife made an excellent dinner with biscuits, chicken, and green beans in casserole though!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'd say so! Moving on a grade is always good news, especially if you were worried about it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I made straight A's all the way until the last semester of 9th grade. English class. I cried in class. :(

I got my first C in 10th grade. I really struggled with speaking up in English class because my teacher was aggressive and vulgar. :(

And then I spiraled downwards.

/making mostlyyy A's and B's in college... I was really good at English class in college! Got my first D in intermediate accounting II last semester...

droomph

weeb
Years
Got my first D in intermediate accounting II last semester...

tumblr_lxaj7hgBF21r93ft0o1_500.gif

don't worry about the english :p I got a D and managed to get it to a C just in time for the school year to end :) they somehow make it boring and the least interesting class where objectively it's the most intriguing class in terms of things to talk about.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
The class average on the first exam was 55%. Let's just say that most students failed the class. I was lucky to barely get in the 60s. I'm retaking it and I see many familiar faces.

I didn't like English class in high school because the teachers were basically looking for one answer/interpretation and throwing out anything else. :/ I had more freedom in college, where I got an A. 8)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Oh gosh I can't even count my D and C from High School. You guys are geniuses.

Sir Codin

I mostly get B's and C's throughout college, sometimes A's. I have a D or two here or there, but that's either because I fell behind or because I blew off the class entirely because I didn't like it. Worse, I have to repeat one of them. Fun...

My absolute best semester in college so far has to be Spring of 2011. Got a 3.4 GPA on that semester.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back