• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which city/town would you most like to live in per region?

Years
For me I think:

Kanto - Cinnabar Island
Johto - Ecruteak City
Hoenn - Mossdeep City
Sinnoh - Sunyshore City
Unova - Humilau City
Kalos - Laverre City
Alola - Malie City
(Sevii Islands - Four Island)

Overall I'd choose Mossdeep City since I love Hoenn and I've always really liked that city.

So with me you can see a theme of islands and/or coasts...or foresty with pretty architecture.

Honourable mentions to Castelia City and Lumiose City. I love big cities but if I'm moving to the Pokémon universe I want aesthetics I'm not already used to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Kanto: Fushsia City - has a nice zoo/safari to visit
Johto: Blackthorn City - City of dragons, cool.
Hoenn: Fortree City - They live in treehouses
Sinnoh: Resort area - Relaxing place
Unova: Humilau city - same
Kalos: Lumiose City - Never been to Paris before.
Alola: Malie City - Johto in Alola
Sevii: Seven Island

Years
Kanto: Saffron City - It'd be nice to kinda live in the middle of everything.
Johto: Part of me wants to live in Ecruteak, and part of me wants to live in Goldenrod.
Hoenn: FORTREE. Wouldn't it be cool to basically live in a treehouse??
Sinnoh: Snowpoint City. Anyone who knows me knows that I live snow, so...
Unova: Opelucid City I think... it's been such a long time since I've played BW/B2W2. @_@
Kalos: Snowbelle City for obvious reasons
Alola: Hau'oli I guess for something to do.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Based on my current hobbies, probably anywhere I could observe insects and/or hunt fossils where there aren't a lot of people around to bother me. Pewter for Kanto, Azalea for Johto, Petalburg or Verdanturf for Hoenn, and maybe Floaroma, Nacrene, and Ambrette for Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos respectively. I'd think I'd prefer living along one of the routes, though.

No Towns/Cities in Alola seem to suit me. Maybe I'd hang out in the Poké Pelago and do some "Interesting Item Hunting" with my Pokémon.

Last edited:
Years
I think a general theme for me is being close to the major cities in the region, but not living directly in them. Of course, have to throw a few curveballs in there.

Kanto: Vermilion City - Easy access to Saffron, Celadon, and Cerulean, while still being a medium sized city itself along the water.
Johto: Olivine City. Basically Johto's version of Vermilion, though not as conveniently located, which isn't the end of the world for me.
Hoenn: LaRousse City. Here's the curveball since it's an anime-exclusive location, but seeing as I live in the general area of the city it's based on, I almost have to pick it.
Sinnoh: Sandgem Town, though Veilstone City is a close second.
Unova: Virbank City. It's right near where my favorite real life hockey team is located, and it's another medium-sized city, which I count as a win.
Kalos: Shalour City. Kalos didn't have a lot of memorable locations to me (outside of Lumiose), but I do remember Shalour being a nice looking place.
Alola: Konikoni City. Not really a lot to choose from here, but again, another medium-sized city along the water is a solid pick for me.

Years
ooh interesting question ~
Kanto - Vermilion City (loves to be near the ocean but not too far from other places)
Johto - Goldenrod City (would be amazing to live in a big city)
Hoenn - near that place where Captain Briney lives (sounds soothing to live there hehe)
Sinnoh - Canalave City (just because of that library) or Jubilife maybe
Unova - oh this is hard, unova has a lot of good places - Village Bridge (because of relaxing ambiance and that music ;-;) or Castelia City (just so I'd be close to Skyarrow Bridge)
Kalos - Cyllage City because of that slope (i swear i wasted an hour just riding my bike around)
Alola - Malie City because it has a somber ambiance that i sort of like

Loriania

Mars Adept
Years
Kanto- Vermilion City
Johto- Cianwood City
Hoenn- Mossdeep City
Sinnoh- Snowpoint City
Unova- Humilau City
Kalos- Snowbelle City
Alola- Malie City

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
(I really don't use font color anymore, but I'm just in the mood for it today.)

By the way, are spinoff locations okay, too?

Kanto: Fuchsia City (not the LGPE iteration of it, though). It's really close to the Safari Zone, and you technically don't need Pokémon to enter. Tbh, I think it'd be a great town to alternatively start in if Pallet Town isn't an option for trainers.

Sevii Islands - Even though there's not much there, Six Island is probably where'd I'd want to live.

Johto: Ecruteak City. I'm going to be straight up honest here, I love the Autumn colors in this particular city, and I'd love to live there. out of anywhere else in Johto. It's also a town rich with history, too, and has a dance theater. I used to dance, so ideally, this is probably where I'd live.

Verdanturf Town: It's said the air is clean here. If it is, then I'd love to live here. My mother wouldn't be bogged down with her asthma. The scenery is nice here, too, and this town has a Contest location, so I want to live here more than anywhere else in Hoenn.

Floraroma Town: This town is covered in really pretty flowers, and is near the Windworks, so this is ideally, where I'd want to live in the Sinnoh Region. It's a beautiful and breathtaking place. The legends here about Shaymin also make it really cool. If not there, then maybe Celestic Town because of the folklore about the legendary Pokémon there.

Anville Town: idk I've always wanted to write a fanfic about a Pokémon Trainer who hailed from Anville Town, but I don't fanfic anymore. For that alone, I guess that's enough to make me want to live there? It's pretty desolate in the Unova region and not many people live there, so I guess it'd be perfect for someone like me.

Anistar City: The sundial is really pretty, and honestly, this town has a gorgeous view, who wouldn't want to live in a city like this? It feels like a town really close to space, and space fascinates me. Tbh, Kalos is my least favorite region, but this was my favorite place in game, so.

Malie City : I love the Eastern influence this particular city has and all the outdoor shops enough to want to live there. This city is like a strip mall, lol. Sounds like a grand old time. Seafolk Village is pretty good, too, but I wouldn't dare live there.

----

Spinoffs. (Just the Pokémon ranger games, though.)

Fall City: This place is pretty cool from the Fiore region. I'd most like to live in this city in these games.

Pueltown: This town is pretty close to the ocean, so the sea air will be pretty good for me? Almia doesn't have much points of interest, tbh.

Renbow Island: The obvious pun of rainbow is something alone that makes me want to live here.

Greenleaf: A really cool kingdom, that feels laid back. I'd probably like to live in this Ransei Kingdom the most?? Probably.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
TAKE A WILD GUESS WHERE I'D LIVE IF I LIVED IN THE POKEMON WORLD......

Gotta be shalour city and no where else will do... </3 :D

Well, okay, my second choice?......Maybe Goldenrod or Nimbasa. Just cuz they're a lot of fun too IMO xD; but buuuuut they don't have that beautiful mega successor i REALLY like...lol.....<///3

EDIT: Okey, the thread says 'per region', so here's what i'll choose:

Kanto: Celedon ('cuz of GIRL POWER GYM <3) or Cinnabar (due to well....MissingNo. lol :P)

Johto: Goldenrod :D

Hoenn: Maybe Slateport. Love the tune for it xD *shot*

Sinnoh: Hearthrone. SUPER CONTESTS! <3!

UNOVA: Nimbasa xD

Kalos: OH THIS IS THE HARDEST OF ALL!!!!....Shalour City :P Everyone knows why. I don't have to uhhhh say anything else >////<;; *gets red in the face*

Alola: Duno

Last edited:

tigertron

Pokémon Master
Years
Kanto: Pallet Town
Johto: Olivine City
Hoenn: Ever Grande City
Sinnoh: Canalave City
Unova: Castelia City
Kalos: Coumarine City
Alola: Heahea City

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 5, 2019
Kanto: Vermillion City, everywhere is pretty close, a port, a nice place to live I'd bet.

Johto: Ecruteak City, probably my favorite city in all of Pokemon, the colors, the history, love it.

Hoenn: Lilycove City, contest hall, big store, near the ocean and museums. Lots to do.

Sinnoh: Floaroma Town, a pretty place to live, lots of flowers and color, easy to get down to Jubilife.

Unova: Nimbasa City, lots to do, close to Castelia if I needed to go to the big city for work.

Kalos: Camphrier Town, close to Lumiose, more rural, nice landmarks.

Alola: Malie City, reminds me of Johto and Ecruteak. Nice park.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
Kanto - Celadon
Johto - Goldenrod
Hoenn - Dewford
Sinnoh - Canalave
Unova - Lentimas
Kalos - Laverre
Alola - Hau'oli

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Kanto- Pallet Town
Johto- Azalea Town
Hoenn- Lilycove City
Sinnoh- Canalave City
Unova- Nacrene City
Kalos- Laverre City
Alola- Malie City

Yeah, I guess I like libraries.

Kaliopy2018

Pokémon make me smile!
Years
Kanto: Celeron City
Johto: Ecruteak City
Hoenn: Mauville City
Sinnoh: Resort Area
Unova: Nimbasa City
Kalos: Lumiose City
Alola: Hau'oli City

I tend to like cities with amusements, shops, and relaxing spots.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
Kanto: Pewter City - Close proximity to Mt. Moon, Diglett Tunnel, and Viridian Forest
Johto: Azalea Town - Forest on one side and a cave on the other. Perfect for exploration and chilling in nature.
Hoenn: Fortree City - Like everyone else has said, living in tree houses, what could be better?
Sinnoh: Pastoria City - I can annoy Shrek by entering his swamp.
Unova: Floccesy Town - Sort of reminds me of home.
Kalos: Ambrette Town - Digging up fossils along with a nice ocean view.
Alola: Toss up between Paniola Town and Seafolk Village - Good ol' small town in the country vs living on a boat.

Overall though, Fortree would be number one as Hoenn is my favorite region.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
Kanto : Celadon (It has department store, and it's pretty green there i would enjoy it very much. Obviously not because of the game corner "Ehem"). Pewter is a close second because of the museum
Johto : Goldenrod (It has a ton of infrastructure, i can move to Kanto easily using the train. And it's not far from Ilex Forest where i can relax)
Hoenn : Lilycove (It has a ton of stuff to do, contest hall, museum, Department Store, etc. Not to mention the beautiful sight to the sea and S.S Tidal)
Sinnoh : Jubilife. Eh.. it's hard toss between Canalave and Floaroma, so i pick Jubilife haha. It's near those two city, it's also a big city in itself and there's a trainer school if my kids want to be a trainer. I can borrow books and travel through Canalave, and i can go for the weekends to Floaroma Meadow.
Unova: Nimbasa, it has a lot of entertainment complex, it's also near to Castelia if i need something to be done or i need to work at Castelia, besides i think Castelia is actually a very busy town so Nimbasa it is.
Kalos : Lumiose, it has a ton of art and landmarks and a ton of stuff to do. And if it's too hectic i could just take a vacation to Laverre Town
Alola : Eh, i don't really love Pacific aesthethics, but if i had to choose i guess Hau'oli would be nice

Back