• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Way to Obtain Shiny Pokémon

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • What's your favorite way to obtain shines and why? Least favorite way?

With SM coming out w/ SOS chaining, its become my new favorite way to get them shiniessss ;) I'm not too keen on breeding because I'm not a fan on hatching a million eggs.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    My favorite shiny hunting method is Dexnav. My least favorite is pokeradar.

I like dexnaving because its fun. And its not really affected by shiny charm. I mean about 100.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Chain fishing atm. It has the highest odds of shinies and its very easy to do. So you can get a couple shinies in 2-3 hours which is pretty amazing. It's very good for beginning shiny hunters as they can get more shinies, motivating them to try other methods. Though, the selection is pretty small.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • randomly finding them and being like "oh my god, no way!!".

seriously though, I can imagine S.O.S chaining is probably the most effective and useful. I don't shiny chain so I can't say which is my favourite, but I do like the idea of SOS method.

Years
  • Going in the Freind Safari in X and trying to find a shiny there, it requires minimal effort and I do tend to get shinies often. One time it took me two hours, another time I got a shiny Slugma in 10 minutes, although the Pokemon you can get are limited if I'm not going for anything specific I just go there :)

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • Favorite way would be through hatching eggs since afterward its pretty much over. Most exciting would be a random encounter though since there's no telling how it will end.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • My favourite is Masuda breeding because I like hatching eggs and it allows you to multitask i.e. you could run around looking for Pokemon at the same time.

My least favourite is Pokeradar chaining in X/Y because most of the grass patches in that game are too small making it hard to keep a chain going and I find it hard to tell which shaking patches are the correct ones.

Years
  • I prefer breeding my shiny pokemon Because you never know when you are gonna get one And then suddenly a shiny hatched and my efforts are well earned.

Years
  • Nothing beats the excitement of finding a random shiny Pokemon in the wild. Most other times, you're specifically looking for them, so to me it's always been a case of "Finally..." rather than "OH MY GOD NO WAY!!!!!!"

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    Masuda Method breeding is probably my fav,but i really love the new sos chaining feature

i never really messed with it much, but i really disliked the poke radar

Years
  • I like the good old random encounter, since that's how I got all my shinies. The surprise factor is always something to be happy about.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I like Masuda method because of the excitement when you hatch an egg and it's shiny. Idk. But I like to see it come out in battle though, so I'm not 100% sure

Least favourite method is fish chaining. Yeah, it's easy, but the Pokemon you can get are so limited that it makes it boring for me

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Encounters are the only way I do it, though never intentionally. For me, it loses it's mystique using the other various methods. Lady luck has not been on my side as of late; nothing in ORAS and S/M so my streak is pretty dry.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Only ones I've found so far are through random encounters, but hopefully once I get myself a Shiny Charm that will change! c: Gonna do lots of SOS chaining after that.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • S.O.S chaining is by far the easiest method for me, so I prefer that! Like really, I've found 15 shinies through that method alone, and generally I'm a very unlucky person when it comes to finding shinies in general. I also used to do the Masuda Method quite a few times, but its long and tedious for me... urgh.

Back