• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What type of Internet do you Have?

What type of Internet do you Have?

• Cable

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • DSL (Digital Subscriber Line)

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Dial-Up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fiber Optic/Fiber

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Satellite

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Mobile

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • None

• Other

• Total voters

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • There are many different ways to connect to the internet, these days, that Dial-up is a thing of the past. But somehow, there are people who still use dial-up internet, wow.

What type of internet do you have? I have Fiber Optic. It's really good.

I also, of course, have mobile data for on the go. I've heard there's a type of internet called 5G Home that's out these days, so I've added an "Other" Option to the poll. (And none, for those who don't have Internet at home and have to borrow, go places for internet, LMFAO)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Fiber to the home! Although it's just 50/50 for now, I could get up to 300/300 if I wanted to shell out the money to my shitty ISP as-is.

Years
  • Have dsl and fiber from two different isps (im using the latter), and mobile 4g lte network u v u

Years
  • I think ours is cable but... it's connected to my dad's desktop. So, all of our other devices use wifi to connect to it.

Who is your ISP?

Pala isn't asking how you connect to the internet (wired vs wireless), but rather what kind of connection to the internet you have.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • Xfinity over here, so cable in other words. So im guessing our is fibersomething, never looked it up lol

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • Not to brag (maybe a little) but internet in Finland is considered a basic human right, meaning, you can get a basic high-speed connection for free. Otherwise, a gigabit will run you roughly 30 euros a month, which is dirt cheap compared to the horrors of the internet providers in the US

pkmin3033

We have Fiber-Optic now, and it's substantially better than what we had before, although not as good as it could be because the council won't spring for cables in our area. It does its job, though.

I'd like to take a moment to express profound relief that nobody has voted for dial-up. Anyone who has that in this day and age has my most heartfelt sympathies.

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • I'm using ADSL, and I don't think I can change that anytime soon! It's fast enough for most Internet applications (but not Twitch streaming, for example), provided you have the patience to wait for Windows Updates and other large files to get transferred 😐

Last edited:
    Back