• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@ Scyke. It all depends on if the lore and setting are adequatly picture without ten thousand blocks of text for others to read. I myself wouldn't join if there were tons of pages to read before typing my characters name. But that could be just me...

@ Lt. Col. Fantastic. I will admit I fangirled all over your post because I absolutely love Donnie Darko (it's one of my many obsessions), and the premise is complex and intriguing enough to tempt me to join o3o But I have the same questions as Swift. How many artifacts are there, why said amount? What motivates the heroes to even enter the tngent universe? Did they enter it without realizing it or something?

If you post it I'll do a happy dance like this:
/(^w^)/ \(^w^)/ \(^w^)\

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I'm the kind of person who has to make an entire wikia to hold all of the lore I've written up if I make an original roleplay. General consensus says that not everyone enjoys that. c;

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Okay, feedback answers coming right up!

Hmm, the idea is very out there - I'm just not really sure how it would unfold? It sounds like the majority of the RP would be 'real world'esque. Or would the tangent worlds be vastly different to our own?

Also, with 6 people taking part, how many artifacts are there going to be? Is there a reason why there are so many if it's quite a rare thing?

Okay, this is a big question that I thought might be asked. The tangent universe is basically exactly like the primary one, other than the fact that when inside it, the heroes gain certain powers to complete their mission. So it will be like a real world rp, only there will be some ghosts and superpower type elements (such as superstrength or seeing the future, etc)

There will most likely be six artifacts to find, unless I change my mind. Im debating on having each artifact be a part of a bigger artifact, or if they are just unrelated. The reason there are so many artifacts is strictly because its an rp, but then again, one artifact would work just as well since everyone will be together or in groups the whole time.

@EliteBeats: The heroes will enter the tangent without knowledge of its existance at first. But very shortly there after an NPC of sorts will probably give them a run down of the situation. Thats the plan for now but if I have a better idea or change my mind I would explain it in the OOC thread. :3

Also remember, this rp isn't finished yet. I have the majority of it, but I may add in some things after this or something wasn't mentioned in the teaser post. The main focus of the rp is supposed to be mystery, whichnI guess is going to be hard to do if I say too much!

I'm glad you guys are interested!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
When you guys find yourselves not really wanting to post or not really knowing what to write about in a RP, what do you do? How do you get that motivation to be creative and make something? Do you consider quitting the RP or do you do your best to stick to it?

I'm asking since I find myself in that situation now ._.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
When you guys find yourselves not really wanting to post or not really knowing what to write about in a RP, what do you do? How do you get that motivation to be creative and make something? Do you consider quitting the RP or do you do your best to stick to it?

I'm asking since I find myself in that situation now ._.

Right now I'm holding off posting till I come up with something. Think I'm trying my luck though, 'cause it's been more than two weeks since I last posted there. ~_~

Best thing you could do really is try to relax and just try to think peacefully on what you can do, being paranoid will only extend your writer's block. Maybe jot down ideas as a mind map or something. Jump in the bath and read a book, maybe actually reading an actual story could help flow your creative juices; it did for me once, so it might work for you haha

Alternatively you could panic and post in the OOC thread to plead for help from the other members, maybe they could give you some ideas on what to write/type?

Years
^I find it disturbing that both of you are in Novia.... actually Scyke is in Connections too.

I usually just bide time and throw around ideas until I find something I like. Then I do the best to work it into at least a medium-sized post.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Haha well, you caught me. It's about Novia. And with this new fat blue responsibility, my mind is going other ways than RPing full time when I'm on PC, which was mostly the case before. So sorry for that ;;

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Got accepted into my first Rp today so I would just like to introduce myself to all of you here at the roleplay corner. Just hoping for a long successful time here,

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Okaay! Time to talk about that FateRp no one cares about! XD

Anyways i need everyone's advice even though y'all are probably tired of hearing about this...

Okaay
7v7 npcs
14v14 npcs
7v7 all rpers
14v14 all rpers?

Pick One!! Btw if you don't know what fate is.... Go look it up!!! XD

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Please, for the love of Mew (because screw Arceus), someone get a Busou Renkin RP going here.

Because I want all of my free time taken away from me forcefully.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Wolf, WHY? That would be so awesome! but... but... I only have a few months of freedom left! I don't want to lose all of it!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hey all,

I realize I don't add to the conversation here much, but I thought I would do so now. I don't know if you have saw yet, I have released my first RP ever! Based off The Mortal Instrument/The Infernal Devices book series, you might've seen the movie trailer for the former. Ahh, this is an incredibly nervous yet happy and somewhat weary moment for me and I just want my roleplay to succeed like all GMs! So, I was wondering if you would be willing to check it out? No pressure to join if it's not your cup of tea (okay maybe just a taaaad bit of pressure), I know it can be viewed as a somewhat long read but I promise it's worth it! Anyway, if you have any tips or suggestions for either GMing or the RP you want to throw my way feel free to PM/VM me!

Thanks guys~

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Well, 24 hours form now, I won't be able to post over the course of about 6 days, this is my temporary farewell to the roleplay corner.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Hey there! I don't post here often (or at all really...) but I was hoping to gather some feedback on an rp idea I am thinking of working on. It is set in a Medieval/Fantasy setting and time. It is rough, as the thought has been recently conceived, but any thoughts or questions are appreciated. So without further ado, I present to you:

Mordacopy_zps5323617f.png

In the lore of the old world, Morda rose from the depths of the ocean by the two legendary monsters Groudon, the Pokémon of Land; and Kyogre, the Pokémon of Sea. As it rose, the great and powerful God Pokémon known as Arceus blessed its lands with a single breath. From this breath came life sprouting from the ground as trees, climbing to the sky as mountains, and awaking for the first time as beasts and men. It grew over the course of the Genesis Era and blossomed under the care and protection of Arceus. One millennium, the God Pokémon left the region to go elsewhere, and entrusted its keeping under seven individuals known as the Guardians. They were both human and Pokémon, born as each but fused into a single entity to give them unique abilities that would help ensure Morda's safety.

Eda - Guardian of Wisdom and Ignorance
Naldor - Guardian of Courage and Cowardice
Trialis - Guardian of Patience and Temptation
Helios - Guardian of Loyalty and Treachery
Litaria - Guardian of Hope and Despair
Syph - Guardian of Forgiveness and Revenge
Jilliane - Guardian of Honesty and Deceit

For several long years they kept the balance and watched over the land and its inhabitants, only interfering when necessary. It was a great region, but there was one Guardian who thought it could be more. Helios began to stew in his troubled mind and the treacherous half of his nature began to seize his very being. In the secret of the shadows he raised an army of Pokémon and their trainers who shared his vision for the world. With the dawn of the Crusade Era Helios launched his misguided attack on the opposing forces of Morda, and utter destruction followed in his wake. The other Guardians took arms against his rebellion with the help of their loyal followers and tried to reason with Helios, but to no avail. As the forces of good failed the Guardians were executed one by one under his reign and the region fell into darkness. Helios placed himself upon a throne that ruled supreme over the six tribes of Morda. Poverty, disease, and misfortune plagued the land. The once great and beautiful region was no more.

Years had passed, and there were many attempts against the Shadow King and his army, but none succeeded. Yet there was an ancient tome of Arceus that was long lost but the words were ingrained into the minds of every wronged inhabitant. It said that should the Guardians fail in their task to protect the region, new ones shall stand in their place and continue the cycle.

This is where you come in. Six humans have been called upon in their dreams by the respective Guardian to go to the Sepherian Shard to bond with a Pokémon and fulfill their destiny. The time has come at last to release the region from Helios' reign of terror and restore the peace.

Credit to generalcowslip of Tumblr for Pokémon Ginjinka Art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back