• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overrated.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
1. Hating One Direction and Justin Bieber. ("One Erection and Justine Beaver"? Grow up!)
2. Lorde (She's talented and everything)
3. PSY (Same with Lorde)
4. Justin Timberlake
5. Robin Thicke
6. What does the fox say?
7. Duck Dynasty (Really? For an opinion?)
8. Atheism (That's still going? ew)
9. Gen 1/2 Pokemon
10. "The 90s"
11. Adventure Time, Sanjay and Craig, Gumball... The list goes on.
12. SpongeBob Season 1-3 (yeah, they're great, but, no-one cares what's better)
13. The Illuminati
14. Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph, and Pixar for that matter...
15. Apple (Good software, tho)
16. Hunger Games
17. Pretty Little Liars
18. CoD, GTA V
19. TMZ (The stories they spin are amazingly annoying)
20. My Little Pony

I can see where you get a reasoning for some of thes like Duck Dynasty , COD and PSY , those three I agree with. But atheism and gay marriage? How can they be overrated?? Atheism will always exist cause there's always gonna be people can't believe in God or any god.No matter how many times you try you can't force a belief down someone's throat if they refuse to accept it. Even as a Catholic I know that and never force my religion on anyone. Suggest it maybe, but if they don't want to be a Christian or Catholic that's fine. Also gay marriage will forever be a need by LGBT people. People in general have a desire to be together or get married. Yes even gay men and women. There's enough straight couples getting married to have children so I can't see why gays getting married is such a problem. It's 2014, it shouldn't be a problem to be gay anymore.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I can see where you get a reasoning for some of thes like Duck Dynasty , COD and PSY , those three I agree with. But atheism and gay marriage? How can they be overrated?? Atheism will always exist cause there's always gonna be people can't believe in God or any god.No matter how many times you try you can't force a belief down someone's throat if they refuse to accept it. Even as a Catholic I know that and never force my religion on anyone. Suggest it maybe, but if they don't want to be a Christian or Catholic that's fine. Also gay marriage will forever be a need by LGBT people. People in general have a desire to be together or get married. Yes even gay men and women. There's enough straight couples getting married to have children so I can't see why gays getting married is such a problem. It's 2014, it shouldn't be a problem to be gay anymore.

I agree, I'm not against gays, love is love? but, does it have to be always in the news?

Treecko

Years
I agree, I'm not against gays, love is love? but, does it have to be always in the news?

Because it's an issue that a lot of people are concern about and want to become legal? It's a good thing that should be legal by now. Still wouldn't call something like gay marriage overrated just cause it's talked about on the news alot. If you're that annoyed by seeing on the news all the time, then ignore the news. Turn it off or change the channel or tune it out.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
One Direction - Seriously, what is with these bastards? I don't get how every 10-year-old girl seems to be kissing their behinds. Their music is garbage and they are douchebags.
Lorde - Damn, what's the appeal of this girl? Her music is really crappy. I HATE that most of my friends like her ****** music. (My girlfriend is one of the few friends I have who dislikes Lorde.)
My Little Pony - It's not a bad show, but what's the big deal? Okay - it's a show about horses, it's funny, but come on, it's not the best thing since sliced bread! Not to mention that I've had bad experiences with bronies IRL.
Facebook - This site is a cult. I'm glad I got my profile deleted.
Vocaloid - To me, the voices sound like drunken chipmunks.
Naruto - This show is so stupid and the comedy is so lame. Why do weeaboos worship this show?
Hetalia - I don't get why this is so popular. I found it obnoxious, not funny.
Death Note - I gave up watching it after 10 minutes. I don't see the appeal.
PewDiePie - It didn't make me laugh.
Gangnam Style - Whenever I hear this song, I want to destroy the radio with an axe.
Final Fantasy series - Most of the FF games are so boring, plus some of the male characters in them look like Victoria's Secret models.
The Nostalgia Critic - People are taking him way too seriously. He's not a REAL critic - it's just for fun.
OneRepublic - Their song "Counting Stars" is so overplayed and annoying.
Heavy metal - I'm not into music where there's too much screaming.
Adventure Time - I don't see the appeal.
Carly Rae Jepsen - This girl can't sing worth ****. She's so annoying.

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
One Direction - Seriously, what is with these bastards? I don't get how every 10-year-old girl seems to be kissing their behinds. Their music is garbage and they are douchebags.
Lorde - Damn, what's the appeal of this girl? Her music is really crappy. I HATE that most of my friends like her ****** music. (My girlfriend is one of the few friends I have who dislikes Lorde.)
My Little Pony - It's not a bad show, but what's the big deal? Okay - it's a show about horses, it's funny, but come on, it's not the best thing since sliced bread! Not to mention that I've had bad experiences with bronies IRL.
Facebook - This site is a cult. I'm glad I got my profile deleted.
Vocaloid - To me, the voices sound like drunken chipmunks.
Naruto - This show is so stupid and the comedy is so lame. Why do weeaboos worship this show?
Hetalia - I don't get why this is so popular. I found it obnoxious, not funny.
Death Note - I gave up watching it after 10 minutes. I don't see the appeal.
PewDiePie - It didn't make me laugh.
Gangnam Style - Whenever I hear this song, I want to destroy the radio with an axe.
Final Fantasy series - Most of the FF games are so boring, plus some of the male characters in them look like Victoria's Secret models.
The Nostalgia Critic - People are taking him way too seriously. He's not a REAL critic - it's just for fun.
Heavy metal - I'm not into music where there's too much screaming.
Adventure Time - I don't see the appeal.
Carly Rae Jepsen - This girl can't sing worth ****. She's so annoying.

Your hate towards musicians, sounds like bandwagon hate, Lorde isn't my cup of tea either, but I respect her and she is very talented... 1D are VERY talented too, they have fans over 20 and I'm a fan of them, Gangnam Style is overrated though, but, saying you want to "destroy a radio with an axe" is just being melodramatic... Don't like Gangnam Style? Change the radio station, then, it's as simple as that.

Treecko

Years
One Direction

Honestly I think you hate most of these things for their popularity. Lorde is , imo, honestly one of the best new artist and has more talent then people like Bieber and Katy Perry. She's 17 and she's already done so much. She's good enough to get a cover on Rolling Stone who also gave her album 4 stars. You know you're talented when you're really liked by Rolling Stones. I'd rather have her music being played a lot then most of the awful junk on the radio. She has a good head on her shoulder in my option. She's very mature for someone her age and it really shows in her song's lyrics. Sure she may not have the most exciting music to some, but at least she right it her self and ask better than most pop stars today.

Personally I think Counting Stars also deserve's it's popularity. It's lyrically better than most songs on the radio and OneRepublic are one of the few popular artist I can actually. Also overplayed doesn't not equal bad or overrated. If it's played a lot it just means it's a well liked song and it happens to be number 2 on the Billboard 100. If you don't like hearing the song, then don't listen to the radio.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I just never really got why Neon Genesis Evangelion was so amazing - I mean, I watched the series and it was okay, I just don't understand why people are obsessed with it. Someone convinced me to watch the movie series too and those were even worse. I just... really don't get it haha.

Disney's Frozen, as well. There were a lot of flaws in the movie, and I went in expecting to like it since SO many people are obsessed with it, but I came out thinking the complete opposite.

I guess I can see why people like these two, but they're just not my kind of thing.

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
Honestly I think you hate most of these things for their popularity. Lorde is , imo, honestly one of the best new artist and has more talent then people like Bieber and Katy Perry. She's 17 and she's already done so much. She's good enough to get a cover on Rolling Stone who also gave her album 4 stars. You know you're talented when you're really liked by Rolling Stones. I'd rather have her music being played a lot then most of the awful junk on the radio. She has a good head on her shoulder in my option. She's very mature for someone her age and it really shows in her song's lyrics. Sure she may not have the most exciting music to some, but at least she right it her self and ask better than most pop stars today.

Personally I think Counting Stars also deserve's it's popularity. It's lyrically better than most songs on the radio and OneRepublic are one of the few popular artist I can actually. Also overplayed doesn't not equal bad or overrated. If it's played a lot it just means it's a well liked song and it happens to be number 2 on the Billboard 100. If you don't like hearing the song, then don't listen to the radio.

More talent than Justin Bieber? meh, Justin's very talented and is liked by Rolling Stone too, he doesn't deserve to have someone say someone is more talented then him, when he is as talented as Lorde and MJ... I HATE it when people say One Direction and Justin have no talent...
Justin's done so much too, he's done so much for charity and more, it's just that the break up with Selena and the constant, unneeded hate got to him and he started acting out with all this controversy, if people left him alone to begin with and didn't bandwagon hate him, he would still be humble and never have done these things, which normal teens do anyway.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
More talent than Justin Bieber? meh, Justin's very talented and is liked by Rolling Stone too, he doesn't deserve to have someone say someone is more talented then him, when he is as talented as Lorde and MJ... I HATE it when people say One Direction and Justin have no talent...
Justin's done so much too, he's done so much for charity and more, it's just that the break up with Selena and the constant, unneeded hate got to him and he started acting out with all this controversy, if people left him alone to begin with and didn't bandwagon hate him, he would still be humble and never have done these things, which normal teens do anyway.

I would just like to point out that Justin Bieber has done a lot of things that aren't exactly good and he is doing way more than just "acting out." Okay, I guess maybe some other teens would do some things Justin did, but that doesn't make the actions okay?? Like, for example, justin recently got on the news and got a lot of hate for egging his neighbors house. But the thing is, we're still allowed to dislike teenagers that egg our house dozens of times and then when we tell them to stop they get angry?? It would almost be stranger to just move on and say "well, teenagers egg houses, so it's acceptable, I'm not allowed to dislike this person' :X

Sorry it's just the phrase "unneeded hate" that got to me :x I DO agree that we generally hate on celebrities for trivial reasons, however, I do believe that Justin Bieber is not "undeserving" of this hate. It might be kinda mean to say, but honestly it's not that hard to be a better person lol (obviously, if JB cared)

Outlier

How much talent do you need to become a successful pop star these days? As long as they are good looking then most people won't even care about their mediocre voice and shallow lyrics. That goes for Justin Bieber, One Direction and many more.

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
I would just like to point out that Justin Bieber has done a lot of things that aren't exactly good and he is doing way more than just "acting out." Okay, I guess maybe some other teens would do some things Justin did, but that doesn't make the actions okay?? Like, for example, justin recently got on the news and got a lot of hate for egging his neighbors house. But the thing is, we're still allowed to dislike teenagers that egg our house dozens of times and then when we tell them to stop they get angry?? It would almost be stranger to just move on and say "well, teenagers egg houses, so it's acceptable, I'm not allowed to dislike this person' :X

Sorry it's just the phrase "unneeded hate" that got to me :x I DO agree that we generally hate on celebrities for trivial reasons, however, I do believe that Justin Bieber is not "undeserving" of this hate. It might be kinda mean to say, but honestly it's not that hard to be a better person lol (obviously, if JB cared)
This hate for the things that he did which were bought on by his break up with Selena the undeserved hate he got in 2009, 2010 and 2011, the homophobic remarks, the calling him a girl and calling him "untalented", he went and changed his music style so music snobs, like his haters could give him a break, that doesn't work with bandwagon hate, does it?

He honestly did NOTHING to anyone in 2009-2012, but people hated him for no logical reason... That's what gets to me... Seriously...

And that egging video sounds fake to me, listen to his voice and the neighbour's, Justin's sounds edited.

And Justin used to be a better person, until he broke up with Selena and his haters got to him.

How much talent do you need to become a successful pop star these days? As long as they are good looking then most people won't even care about their mediocre voice and shallow lyrics. That goes for Justin Bieber, One Direction and many more.

Us Directioners and Beliebers don't by 1D and JB's albums to listen to their faces, we obviously buy their albums to listen to their lyrics.

Last edited:

Outlier

Us Directioners and Beliebers don't by 1D and JB's albums to listen to their faces.

A lot of their fans wouldn't have been so interested in them in the first place if they didn't know what they looked like. I think that goes for a lot of artists I'm not just picking on the Beebs and 1D. They wouldn't be selling out concerts full of screaming girls if they weren't so attractive, that's for sure. Beauty always sells.

Outlier

This hate for the things that he did which were bought on by his break up with Selena the undeserved hate he got in 2009, 2010 and 2011, the homophobic remarks, the calling him a girl and calling him "untalented", he went and changed his music style so music snobs, like his haters could give him a break, that doesn't work with bandwagon hate, does it?

He honestly did NOTHING to anyone in 2009-2012, but people hated him for no logical reason... That's what gets to me... Seriously...

And that egging video sounds fake to me, listen to his voice and the neighbour's, Justin's sounds edited.

And Justin used to be a better person, until he broke up with Selena and his haters got to him.

Justin Bieber has an amazing life so stop trying to paint a sob story for him. He has all the money, fans and fame anyone could want. I'm sure that's where some of the criticism/hate comes from, but that all comes with being a performer. It's not just Bieber who people crap on. Also everyone gets in bad relationships.

None what you mentioned excuses the things that he's been accused of doing. IF they are true that is, which I think some of them are. Residents in his own neighborhood have accused him of speeding around their street and even getting into arguments and spitting on people. He's definitely trying to force a badboy image for himself and it's failing hilariously. It's all just making him look like a massive douchebag, but most of his fans are so blinded by their obsession with him that they will defend him no matter what he does.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
I 4got taylor Swift who is single 5 times a week she sucks oh no I broke up with boy he was Kennedy whos next as her boyfriend

A lot of their fans wouldn't have been so interested in them in the first place if they didn't know what they looked like. I think that goes for a lot of artists I'm not just picking on the Beebs and 1D. They wouldn't be selling out concerts full of screaming girls if they weren't so attractive, that's for sure. Beauty always sells.

True without beauty mr beaver would b poor again yes leave it to beavr to do more drugz with lil twist

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
I 4got taylor Swift who is single 5 times a week she sucks oh no I broke up with boy he was Kennedy whos next as her boyfriend

True without beauty mr beaver would b poor again yes leave it to beavr to do more drugz with lil twist

Wow. You're mature, how old are you? 12?! His name is Justin Bieber* Grow Up!

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
Years
I'm not a fan of Bieber, so I'm not defending him or anything, I'm simply speaking about celebrities in general. They're normal people (some are a bit more talented, but essentially, they're normal) with attention, and the media is always grovelling for any kind of story that will make them money. Justin Bieber did drugs. So did billions of other people. Yes, he should really be more careful with the paparazzi constantly following him, but it's only cuz he's famous. Does everyone hate all the other people that do drugs? I don't think so. Did he make some bad decisions? Yes. Does every other human being on the planet? Yes. So, while I can't control how you feel, you really shouldn't give him more hate than any other human being.

Also, bad speling n gramar dont asist n argumnts. I don't mean to be rude, but I can't really tell what you're saying.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
I'm not a fan of Bieber, so I'm not defending him or anything, I'm simply speaking about celebrities in general. They're normal people (some are a bit more talented, but essentially, they're normal) with attention, and the media is always grovelling for any kind of story that will make them money. Justin Bieber did drugs. So did billions of other people. Yes, he should really be more careful with the paparazzi constantly following him, but it's only cuz he's famous. Does everyone hate all the other people that do drugs? I don't think so. Did he make some bad decisions? Yes. Does every other human being on the planet? Yes. So, while I can't control how you feel, you really shouldn't give him more hate than any other human being.

Also, bad speling n gramar dont asist n argumnts. I don't mean to be rude, but I can't really tell what you're saying.

Look I was saying is justin is not a role model 4 kids I can see if he did it secretly when there were no cameras or people watching n yes I no celebrities r stalked but still shouldve waited till they were gone still not a role model for kids

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
Years
Did he choose to be a role model? Did he sign up for it? I doubt it, as I don't believe even he sees himself as a good one. While he should be expected to act civilly and in a way that will portray him in a good light, he should not be hated simply because he doesn't. If you just wanted to make music (using that term a tad but loosely) and were then given the unwanted responsibility of having to act in accordance with societies expectations of a "good role model," how happy would you be about that, especially if you were someone who was "rebellious" and "rambunctious?" Also, you said it would be ok if he did it secretly. I'm assuming when cameras are on you 24/7 it's a bit hard to have a private life. I doubt he was trying to show the world his drugs, the media just found out.

Dear God, I'm defending him -.- All I'm saying is it's his choice in the end, just like it is every other persons.

Back