• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overrated.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
Honestly I think you hate most of these things for their popularity. Lorde is , imo, honestly one of the best new artist and has more talent then people like Bieber and Katy Perry. She's 17 and she's already done so much. She's good enough to get a cover on Rolling Stone who also gave her album 4 stars. You know you're talented when you're really liked by Rolling Stones. I'd rather have her music being played a lot then most of the awful junk on the radio. She has a good head on her shoulder in my option. She's very mature for someone her age and it really shows in her song's lyrics. Sure she may not have the most exciting music to some, but at least she right it her self and ask better than most pop stars today.

Personally I think Counting Stars also deserve's it's popularity. It's lyrically better than most songs on the radio and OneRepublic are one of the few popular artist I can actually. Also overplayed doesn't not equal bad or overrated. If it's played a lot it just means it's a well liked song and it happens to be number 2 on the Billboard 100. If you don't like hearing the song, then don't listen to the radio.

I genuinely dislike those songs. Popularity doesn't even matter. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I'm fine with my friends liking Lorde even though I'm not thrilled with it.

What else is overrated IMO?

Downton Abbey - I watched it and found it to be very pompous. Definitely not something I'd watch again.
Fad literature (Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Twilight, A Song of Ice and Fire, etc.) - These books aren't all bad (heck, I kinda liked Percy Jackson and the Olympians), but I don't really think these books are the greatest things of all.
Ramen noodles - Some of my friends are going to be attending college soon, and I advised them to skip these disgusting noodles.
One Piece - I actually like it, but I don't think it's one of the best anime.
Family Guy - I never got into this show, and I hate it quite a bit.
What Does the Fox Say? - This song is so tacky.
Kpop - Another genre I don't really see the appeal of.
Any of James Cameron's movies - I like Titanic quite a bit. I couldn't stand Avatar, though. He's a good director, but I think he's a bit overblown.
The Lion King - This was never one of my favorite Disney movies. I like it, but there are a lot of better Disney movies I can think of.
Resident Evil - I rented this game and returned it because it didn't excite me.
Justin Bieber comments on YouTube - We get it, you hate JB, but the constant references to him on YouTube in videos that have nothing to do with him drives me crazy. I hate JB as much as the next person, but these jokes stopped being funny years ago.

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I genuinely dislike those songs. Popularity doesn't even matter. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I'm fine with my friends liking Lorde even though I'm not thrilled with it.

What else is overrated IMO?

Downton Abbey - I watched it and found it to be very pompous. Definitely not something I'd watch again.
Fad literature (Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Twilight, A Song of Ice and Fire, etc.) - These books aren't all bad (heck, I kinda liked Percy Jackson and the Olympians), but I don't really think these books are the greatest things of all.
Family Guy - I never got into this show, and I hate it quite a bit.
What Does the Fox Say? - This song is so tacky.
Kpop - Another genre I don't really see the appeal of.
Any of James Cameron's movies - I like Titanic quite a bit. I couldn't stand Avatar, though. He's a good director, but I think he's a bit overblown.
The Lion King - This was never one of my favorite Disney movies. I like it, but there are a lot of better Disney movies I can think of.
Resident Evil - I rented this game and returned it because it didn't excite me.
Justin Bieber comments on YouTube - We get it, you hate JB, but the constant references to him on YouTube in videos that have nothing to do with him drives me crazy. I hate JB as much as the next person, but these jokes stopped being funny years ago.

Yep, definitely because they're all popular at the moment and a LOT of people like them.

but these jokes stopped being funny years ago.
So did hating on Justin and One Direction, seriously, if you don't like them much, don't b*tch and moan about them 24/7.
There was nothing to hate about with Justin before he started doing stupid things (possibly due to the criticism he already got), nor is their anything to hate about 1D... Is this how warped humanity has become? Hating on talented artists out of pure jealousy or jumping on the bandwagon?

Years
How do you know if it's just a vocal minority or not? Are there statistics out there that measure all atheist's level of obnoxiousness? I don't think so. I'm going by my own personal experiences with atheists, which for the most part has been them talking down to religious people and belittling their beliefs. I'm agnostic myself and don't believe in any religion, but the way atheists treat religious people is disgusting!

What do you mean by it's a free country? I bet you assumed I was just talking about America or that I'm from America myself. Sounds like typical atheist assuming behavior to me. See even you atheists can get it wrong sometimes, so maybe you're wrong about God too. All I'm saying is atheists shouldn't act like there's no God as if it's a fact, which is what most of them do. Although some aspects and religious beliefs can be disproved through science, God is unfalsifiable so no one knows. That's why I don't appreciate the arrogance of atheists especially when they can't tell us how life started. Even most scientists think the big bang theory is a load of horse ****. And I'm not talking about that crappy sitcom either.

I'm offensive and I find this atheist.

Sounds like you should get some better experience with atheists then. Personal experience can be fallible, especially when it's incomplete. Anyways, you're being pretty judgmental here. I might think religion is a flawed idea, but I don't go around painting straw-man caricatures based on people I know are excessively vocal and obnoxious and are probably a poor representation of religious folk.

There are people who are vocal and excessively opinionated. We don't label them religious or atheist, console or computer or "indie" gamers, by whatever music genre they like or whichever Pokemon generation they like, we call them people who take their **** wayy too seriously. That's all it really is.

What do I find overrated?
  • iPhones and Macs in general, especially when certain fans talk about "how easy it is to use".
  • Gen I is pretty overrated. I'm happy Gen II patched it up in introducing better graphics, bag system, breeding, pokegears (which eventually evolved into poke-amie, PSS, and super training in Gen VI), special stat split, post-game (beginning with Battle Tower). In this light Gen I looks like a poor first draft that was polished with Gen II.
  • UGGs. They got old for me pretty early on, and I don't find it that appealing.
  • MLP. Certain people are into it, I checked what was up. The show's cute, but the fandom took on a life of its own.

Frankly - and I've said this more than once - I find JB pretty sweet to listen to. He sings well.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
Really? Please show me where he specifically stated "I realise that by singing my 'songs' I will be taking on the likeness of a role model and agree to act like one."

Just sayin'...

He didn't have to his music is 4 kids n he's older its commonsense ok kids look upto me I have to b a good role model there he agreed to it tell me otherwise n I'll have anothr way to put justin down

I'm offensive and I find this atheist.

Sounds like you should get some better experience with atheists then. Personal experience can be fallible, especially when it's incomplete. Anyways, you're being pretty judgmental here. I might think religion is a flawed idea, but I don't go around painting straw-man caricatures based on people I know are excessively vocal and obnoxious and are probably a poor representation of religious folk.

There are people who are vocal and excessively opinionated. We don't label them religious or atheist, console or computer or "indie" gamers, by whatever music genre they like or whichever Pokemon generation they like, we call them people who take their **** wayy too seriously. That's all it really is.

What do I find overrated?
  • iPhones and Macs in general, especially when certain fans talk about "how easy it is to use".
  • Gen I is pretty overrated. I'm happy Gen II patched it up in introducing better graphics, bag system, breeding, pokegears (which eventually evolved into poke-amie, PSS, and super training in Gen VI), special stat split, post-game (beginning with Battle Tower). In this light Gen I looks like a poor first draft that was polished with Gen II.
  • UGGs. They got old for me pretty early on, and I don't find it that appealing.
  • MLP. Certain people are into it, I checked what was up. The show's cute, but the fandom took on a life of its own.

Frankly - and I've said this more than once - I find JB pretty sweet to listen to. He sings well.
My opinion is your right religions r all flawed n u cant say athiest aren't complete but holes they r they cant just agree with everyone s opinion ok who cares atheism is not bad its just wat they believe that theres no heaven or hell religions n atheism including other beliefs just 1 persons perspective n thats when people start fighting saying its not true who cares on experience its not all its just a belief

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Going to really irk some people with my pics, but it's all 100% opinion and nothing else, so...

- MLP. Being a 'brony' isn't something I think you should be proud of, and the less said about the darker and absolutely stomach-churning parts of the fanbase the better. The actual show is shallow bile with a awful, talentless art style thanks to the soul-sucking flash animation that is so abundant nowadays.

- Minecraft Videos: I don't mind Minecraft by itself, but there are too many minecraft videos on youtube, including somehow making anything into a blocky mess that sucks the soul out of any interesting IP it can find. We get it, you can make cool stuff in minecraft, It's really getting old.

- Putting down mainstream music - I get it, it's shallow, vapid and only made for the almighty dollar, but I swear I hear the discussion of this horrifying menace parroted almost all of the time any kind of music-related discussion is brought up.

- Calling bad music 'noise' - Stupid excuse reason.

- Will.I.Am. ...why yes I am contradicting myself. But Will.I.Am seems to be ignored when talking about mainstream music, and he is the absolute worst mainstream musician I have ever had the misfortune to hear.

- Console Wars. The amount of drama, tears shed, freaking out and madness other a ****ING PREFERENCE IN ENTERTAINMENT is terrifying. I don't honestly give a **** if you go for PS4 or Xbox One (or the Wii U, but you've probably never heard of it given Nintendo's piss poor advertising)

- Extreme Feminism. And I'm not talking about the one who fairly call for fair representation of women in arts and society (I support the hell out of them). I'm talking about the one that go way OTT into full blown misandry (saying 'kill all men' doesn't make you edgy, it's just makes you hypocritical.)

- Final Fantasy 7 - Seriously, the best FF ever? I found the cyberpunk setting boring as hell and the story was far too melodramatic. 9 is definable my favourite because It didn't bore me to screaming a cute animals like 7 and 8 did.

- The word 'hater'. Think of a better rebuttal please.

- The Anti-Gen1 Brigade (or reverse genwunners, as I like to call them). There are just some people who have some inexplicable hatred towards the first generation (and in some cases, 2nd) of pokémon. I assume it's a reaction for all of the the (sometimes deserved) hatred towards the new pokémon generations, but there's getting your own back and then there's being ignorant. You can't judge a 15 year old game on today's standards. Heck, I don't ever care for gen 1 that much, but I don't treat it like the worst thing the ever happen to mankind like a lot of people do.

- Gen 5 (epsecially B/W). What a ****ty excuse of a generation. Most of the pokémon look like they were designed by toddlers, the region was more linear than a on-rails FPS, there were way too many features removed like trainer rematching and good places to grind (no, the audino method doesn't count), the forced use of the 3D graphics - that look ugly btw - was annoying, and the storyline sounded like horrible fanfiction. Really N (with his pretentious pretty boy full name Natural Harmonia Gropius and his dark and totally edgy shadow the hedgie backstory) encapsules everything I hate about this generation. Good riddance; Gen 6 is so far turning out to be great.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Going to really irk some people with my pics, but it's all 100% opinion and nothing else, so...

- MLP. Being a 'brony' isn't something I think you should be proud of, and the less said about the darker and absolutely stomach-churning parts of the fanbase the better. The actual show is shallow bile with a awful, talentless art style thanks to the soul-sucking flash animation that is so abundant nowadays.

- Minecraft Videos: I don't mind Minecraft by itself, but there are too many minecraft videos on youtube, including somehow making anything into a blocky mess that sucks the soul out of any interesting IP it can find. We get it, you can make cool stuff in minecraft, It's really getting old.

- Putting down mainstream music - I get it, it's shallow, vapid and only made for the almighty dollar, but I swear I hear the discussion of this horrifying menace parroted almost all of the time any kind of music-related discussion is brought up.

- Calling bad music 'noise' - Stupid excuse reason.

- Console Wars. The amount of drama, tears shed, freaking out and madness other a ****ING PREFERENCE IN ENTERTAINMENT is terrifying. I don't honestly give a **** if you go for PS4 or Xbox One (or the Wii U, but you've probably never heard of it given Nintendo's piss poor advertising)

- The Anti-Gen1 Brigade (or reverse genwunners, as I like to call them). There are just some people who have some inexplicable hatred towards the first generation (and in some cases, 2nd) of pokémon. I assume it's a reaction for all of the the (sometimes deserved) hatred towards the new pokémon generations, but there's getting your own back and then there's being ignorant. You can't judge a 15 year old game on today's standards. Heck, I don't ever care for gen 1 that much, but I don't treat it like the worst thing the ever happen to mankind like a lot of people do.

I agree with everything here!
1. MLP is a show MEANT for little girls, or girls in general, I have nothing against (some) bronies, but when other bronies make homophobic comments towards One Direction and Justin Bieber, it irks me, why put someone who isn't gay down, when THEY'RE the one watching a little girl's show?

2. Minecraft is another bandwagon thing, which is quite good as I played some, but, it and the videos are way overrated and the fans are mainly kids (bandwagoners).

3. Agree, why put down music that people like, when one gets butthurt when a mainstream music fan attacks their music?

4. Agreed, I don't think Alison Gold is dubstep or Skrillex. The girl actually sings.

5. I HATE THAT!

6. Agreed, why hate what started the series?

7. What's overrated is the HATE towards Gens 5 and 6, seriously, WHO CARES about the frigging Pokemon designs?! But, the other things you said were true, Unova was the smallest region to ever debut and my brother and I finished the games in two to three days...
Gen 3 is way overrated since the announcement of HG/SS, I'm sorry, but, there hasn't been any confirmation of any Hoenn fanboys precious remake, I myself would like a R/S remake, but, I don't devote my life to it, I have much better things to devote my life to.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years

- Gen 5 (epsecially B/W). What a ****ty excuse of a generation. Most of the pokémon look like they were designed by toddlers, the region was more linear than a on-rails FPS, there were way too many features removed like trainer rematching and good places to grind (no, the audino method doesn't count), the forced use of the 3D graphics - that look ugly btw - was annoying, and the storyline sounded like horrible fanfiction. Really N (with his pretentious pretty boy full name Natural Harmonia Gropius and his dark and totally edgy shadow the hedgie backstory) encapsules everything I hate about this generation. Good riddance; Gen 6 is so far turning out to be great.

This.

I think the thing that makes Generation V overrated is the "story" (I use that term loosely). I guess you could say it was something for Pokemon, but hell, Colosseum had a much better story (and a much cooler setting) and it wasn't even a main series game. N is not a cool character, Ghetsis is not a good villain, Team Plasma isn't at all "deep".

I'd have to agree with My Little Pony as well, though it seems much of that hype has died down. The art style isn't anything special, it's just another same-y computer-animated style. Plus, the fanbase is really creepy.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
Years
He didn't have to his music is 4 kids n he's older its commonsense ok kids look upto me I have to b a good role model there he agreed to it tell me otherwise n I'll have anothr way to put justin down
I'm not defending him anymore, it's not worth it. But I honestly can't understand what you're saying...

Anyway, another thing I think is overrated is popularity. Sure, it can be nice to have a lot of friends, but the measures that some people take to get them are ludicrous.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Dresses up like a ****.

Oh dear...

I find Lana Del Rey quite overrated, too. She's a good singer but her songwriting just annoys me. Those "dark" type of songs that all follow one theme that everyone finds amazing are just overrated.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Oh dear...

I find Lana Del Rey quite overrated, too. She's a good singer but her songwriting just annoys me. Those "dark" type of songs that all follow one theme that everyone finds amazing are just overrated.

A lot of her music isn't actually 'dark,' honestly. The only songs that come to mind that really have dark undertones are off Born to Die, with songs like the title's namesake, Born to Die, as well as Dark Paradise and maybe Carmen but everything else has varying underlying meanings. The songs themselves might sound 'dark' or 'ominous' (Yayo, Blue Velvet, Ride) but that's just her style of music. Her music can actually be really relaxing and even inspirational if you give things a chance and try to break them down in a less analytical way.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
I agree with Sideshow Bob. Atheism is overrated. If you don't believe in God then good for you, but why don't you just shut up about it because I couldn't possibly care less. Atheists can be so obnoxious sometimes.

Im not generalizing but they can b obnoxious bout gods r fake k I get some of us believe that jesus was real or some believe moses moved watr k let us believe wat we want to believe in some just dont care bout atheism or religion im roman Catholic im not obnoxious like everyone else but I dont take it serious bout how to live my life I believe some of it

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
Years
Ohohoho
I was kinda thinking they would try to find a way to do it, but he got a DUI, resisted arrest, and was racing. There's no "other side of the story," it's black and white. So I'm intrigued to see their rebuttal to his stupid mistakes.

Not sure how much on topic this is though.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
Ohohoho
I was kinda thinking they would try to find a way to do it, but he got a DUI, resisted arrest, and was racing. There's no "other side of the story," it's black and white. So I'm intrigued to see their rebuttal to his stupid mistakes.

Not sure how much on topic this is though.

Oh god... Just go on twitter real quick. People are saying "OMG hes only 19 leave him alone" and there was a FOTHERMUCKING CULT RIGHT OUTSIDE OF THE PRISON DEMANDING THAT A CRIMINAL SHOULD BE RELEASED WHEN EVERYBODY KNOWS HE DID THE FREAKING CRIME.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
Years
Fothermucking needs to be in the dictionary.

I don't have twitter, so it looks like I'll be missing all the fun, but using those people's logic, we should just excuse all minors of crimes and release the prisoners. Woo anarchy!
Honestly, they can't sugarcoat it, so I think it's funny seeing them try.

Why is there not a thread for his arrest? Haha

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
I know atheists who are very respectful of other religions and don't shove their beliefs down others throats.

Just sayin'.

I n very few others no some r like that I no a 2 that r like that

Oh god... Just go on twitter real quick. People are saying "OMG hes only 19 leave him alone" and there was a FOTHERMUCKING CULT RIGHT OUTSIDE OF THE PRISON DEMANDING THAT A CRIMINAL SHOULD BE RELEASED WHEN EVERYBODY KNOWS HE DID THE FREAKING CRIME.

What happened to equal rights now justin must b special to b a higher standard than his fellow inmates y he bettr n where n y people do this (sighs) where's our society going?

Last edited:

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
"Droolies" Real mature, kid...

So you're harassing me just because I don't like your favorite "artist"? That sure is mature!

But I came here to say that Elvis Presley is overrated.... well, at least in my book. I admire what he did for rock and roll, and who he inspired - just that his music is kinda boring. Chuck Berry should be the king of rock and roll.

Back