• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: here's how bernie sanders can still win

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

How's Horizon Zero Dawn? I've seen bits and pieces of it here and there, but the graphics look absolutely phenomenal.
    It was surprisingly good, I thought. It IS pretty stunning to look at (even on a standard PS4) although the character facial models cross over into uncanny valley a few times. Combat is very technical, too - you pretty much have to aim at enemy weak points (which you can scan Metroid Prime style) if you want to do any damage at all. The plot is...eh. It's nothing to write home about, but Aloy and the world sell it pretty well. She's a very interesting protagonist, and delving into the ruins of civilisation is fascinating. Don't expect anything highly original from it I'd say, but it's definitely engaging.

As far as open worlds go it's a pretty small one, but there is a lot more to do in it compared to say, Breath of the Wild, which I felt was very empty by comparison...something I tried to avoid, but it was inevitable considering I was playing them simultaneously. Although in a lot of ways it feels quite dated...you can't even jump up short ledges, which is frustrating at times. There isn't a huge amount of variety to weapons (although you can blast off weapons from machines and use them, which I felt was awesome...especially when I butchered a Thunderjaw with its own disc launcher, haha) and you're stuck with the same spear at the start which does very little, but it offers a reasonable degree of freedom in play style.

Really looking forward to the expansion later this year. I'd recommend picking it up if you're stuck for something to do...and even if you're not. xD

Years
  • Yeah it's pouring here. I barely got my butt home lmao. Now it's the weekend and I'm currently waiting for our sushi order to arrive. BD

and omg video games. Barely have inspiration nowadays, even for Pokémon... normally I'd play main series Pokémon games for at least 200-300 hours but I stopped at 65ish in Sun and just never went back. Would like to, but I'm always so tired working lately and that made me lose motivation for a lot of things.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • ooo video games. right now im playing animal crossing happy home designer again. i restarted it for the 3rd time. i normally don't like house designing games (specifically the ones made for mobile devices bc they're very greedy), but this one is one of my favorites. it's so relaxing and soothing to play.

also the weather where i live is.. probably chilly right now considering it's 9 pm

pkmin3033

I would argue it is the game's fault because I can't even bring myself to finish it because it's so bad but eh

I've been suprisingly motivated this year...I want to clear 50 games off my backlog. I've done 13 so far. However, I've acquired 27, so I'm not really making any progress in clearing it. xD

pkmin3033

I keep feeling like I should give SM another chance, but my masochism has its limits. xD

So much else to do right now =x

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I fear Sun/Moon may become another Black2/White2 for me. Great games I only finish once shortly after release, and then start a bunch of other runs of them, only to never finish.

I am doing a run of Sun now though that I hope to finish for sure, breaking such a curse.

pkmin3033

I'll try Moon...somewhen. Maybe transferring a team of actually decent Pokemon from Bank would motivate me to endure the faceless NPCs constantly stopping me every five seconds. I find that having a team of Pokemon I actually want to use tends to help me play the games. xD

pkmin3033

A sequel that would make Alola actually enjoyable the way B2W2 did for Unova would be nice...although I think I want DPPt remakes only slightly less than I want FFXII HD...or a Gamecube VC on the Switch...or just some games on the Switch, period. Priorities. xD

Years
  • I pushed for preordering a Switch so at least there was one here and I didn't have to wait to get one, in case it started running out of stock after release.

I remember the aggravation of trying to get a DS years back even some time after it was released (granted, I also tried during a holiday season, which was probably the worst time for me to start looking), and I'm too impatient to repeat that experience. So, even if there aren't many games out for it now, at least I'll have it for certain when more of the games I want do come out. :D

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm holding off for the Switch for a few months just yet, but if they announce any sort of worthwhile Pokémon game for it then I'll probably be sold.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Theoretically, of the three games I have for the Switch, only one is exclusive: Super Bomberman R. Breath Of The Wild is on the Wii U, and Neo Turf Masters came out 21 years ago on the Neo Geo, so...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • That's exactly it, some of the spin-offs just wouldn't be worth it imo. If it were a spin-off like a follow up to Colosseum or XD then I'd totally buy it. Heck, even a port of those games onto the Switch would probably be enough to be sold on it.

pkmin3033

Yeah, I picked one up at launch because I know what Nintendo are like with stock. It's already getting dusty, although it'll get some use in May when Disgaea 5 comes out. I don't really mind waiting...I'm used to buying stuff and not touching it for a while. I have some PS4 games I've not even opened that I bought in 2015 sitting on my shelf, haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back