• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Game wont even work on MyBoy emulator. Starts normally and the moment i click New Game, the game freezes and crash. Quality.

mc.ace19

of Spades
Years
Game wont even work on MyBoy emulator. Starts normally and the moment i click New Game, the game freezes and crash. Quality.

Considering that you did everything properly, the reason might be in the Pok?mon Emerald ROM that you used. I also got the same response when I first tried the game and I had to resort to google in order to find another way to overcome the need to patch and get the game directly.

*hint-hint*

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Considering that you did everything properly, the reason might be in the Pok?mon Emerald ROM that you used. I also got the same response when I first tried the game and I had to resort to google in order to find another way to overcome the need to patch and get the game directly.

*hint-hint*

Yeah i think it may have been the rom i used. I manage to find a ready to go rom with the latest patch and works.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years

You just have to download the .GBA ROM and open it, that's literally it.
Just tried it in MyBoy! v1.7.0.2 (Full) and it's working perfectly.
I guess it's worth to check if you've chosen "Automatic" on Options > Advanced > Cartridge Save Type.
I'm not saying it's going to fix your problem, but Emerald has problems with the save type on VBA for PC that also results in a white screen so it might be it.

EDIT: Here's a pic I've taken with MyBoy's built in option too.
CYuWBav.png

Last edited:

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
It's hard trying to figure out where to put the gen 7 Pok?mon added to Theta Emerald EX.

The LC, I think,. Its okay if it still 721 (Gen 1-6) are the Pokemon available in the hack. Cuz, we know that the PC box storage is few for 802 monsters and the Hoenn map is too much crowded, if you will add Alola monsters and forms . I Love Gen 7 too, but the problem is the PC box storage and New Map area for Pokemon, so we need to understand and wait to fix that problem. In all, 721 is still enough now in this hack. So please update. Can you? (Release a patch, fixed drain kiss, new moves animations, and other bugs / glitches)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
The LC, I think,. Its okay if it still 721 (Gen 1-6) are the Pokemon available in the hack. Cuz, we know that the PC box storage is few for 802 monsters and the Hoenn map is too much crowded, if you will add Alola monsters and forms . I Love Gen 7 too, but the problem is the PC box storage and New Map area for Pokemon, so we need to understand and wait to fix that problem. In all, 721 is still enough now in this hack. So please update. Can you? (Release a patch, fixed drain kiss, new moves animations, and other bugs / glitches)

To add on to this, i believe the issue is the animation itself. When i turn off battle scene it doesn't hang or anything. I agree a quick fix to the two moves Drain Kiss and Electro Ball would be awesome. Maybe just disable the animation for the moves? A few of the new moves don't have animations, so giving them no animation may fix it.

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
I have added Sun and Moon in my hack, they are with proper ability, but the move is not exactly same as the Pokemon Sun and Moon, the move effect is same as Jirachi's specific move, I have chose the move effect which is ignore the opponent's ability.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
So I received a message, basically asking if they could pay for the hack that's in progress...that's not legal, I hope that I'm doing this all for free. If someone made you pay for this hack, or any Pok?mon hack, report them, that's illegal. I did make a funny post on Romhack.me, but those idiotas can't take a joke, or understand the fact that supporting people through Patreon on YouTube, as a content creator, is 100% LEGAL.

Anyways, UPDATE:
I decided to edit the abilities of every single Pok?mon, by giving them abilities that make them competitively viable in battle, along with the Alolan Pok?mon. To be honest, this might be released before the summer ends, heck it might come out next month, so be prepared.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
So I received a message, basically asking if they could pay for the hack that's in progress...that's not legal, I hope that I'm doing this all for free. If someone made you pay for this hack, or any Pok?mon hack, report them, that's illegal. I did make a funny post on Romhack.me, but those idiotas can't take a joke, or understand the fact that supporting people through Patreon on YouTube, as a content creator, is 100% LEGAL.

Anyways, UPDATE:
I decided to edit the abilities of every single Pok?mon, by giving them abilities that make them competitively viable in battle, along with the Alolan Pok?mon. To be honest, this might be released before the summer ends, heck it might come out next month, so be prepared.
Cheers.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020

Anyways, UPDATE:

Aaaaa so hype *screamingintensifies

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
If so, then I'll be expecting:
Skill link-Minccino
The regenerator co.--e.g., Slowbro, Tangrowth, etc.
Adaptability-Crawdaunt
and more... *hype*

Btw are you able to update sitrus berry to gen6+ ? I feel bad about Slurpuff, it wont consume sitrus after belly drum which I couldn't conclude if unburden is working. GL !

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
The LC, I'm so happy that you will release an update and I hope that you will do that. But I have a request or favor. Can you make a two patch of your Theta Emerald EX. The one patch is still 721 (fixed drain kiss, electro ball, new moves animations for some moves that still doesn't have, other form / es of some Pokemon, hall of fame bug for some expanded Pokemon and bugs / glitches). The second patch is 802. So the person will choose what patch he wants. Sorry, if this message is so long, cuz I love the 721 than the 802. Goodluck on your hacking. :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 13, 2017
Thanks.
I'm also planning to evolve my Eevee into a Leafeon, but i can't find a Moss Rock anywhere. Does anyone know where it is?

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022

Anyways, UPDATE:

Will you release the 802 resource patch same as the Emerald 650?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
How come ho oh's sacred fire is a special move in this game? Shouldn' t it be physical?

Back