• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PGPC] #9: Your Big Wish

Years
Welcome everyone to the new Pokémon General Polls and Chats series (aka PGPC for short)! PGPC is a new weekly event stemming from past series here in Pokémon General like the PokéPOTW and What Would You Do?, where we throw a topic at you every week to discuss and decide over. Sometimes these threads will be a deep dive into a certain parts of the franchise, or something as simple as pitting a couple Pokemon against each other to see who are your favorites! With something a little different going on every week, it's always a good idea to stop by and see what we're discussing in each PGPC!

Now with all that said, this week's topic is:

"If you were granted 1 wish to change any aspect of the Pokémon franchise, how would you use it?"

Lucky you, you've found one of Jirachi's magical wish tags, which will grant you any wish in the Pokemon universe that you desire! And there's no limit to how big or small that it can be- anything from retconning an entire region to changing Espeon's shiny color to something other than lime green. So with this enormous power in your hands... what do you wish for?

Previous PGPC threads
#1 - #2 - #3 - #4 - #5 - #6 - #7 -

Years
I would make Ice type defensively stronger. I'd take away Fighting's super effectiveness against it...and since it is my wish after all I'll take away Rock's super effectiveness too for good measure. I'd also give Ice its own resistances to Water, Dragon and Ground.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
My wish would be to make Game Freak break from their formula and near-yearly releases for once

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I think my wish would be for 3 new starter types that aren't Fire, Water or Grass.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
One wish aint gonna fix the entire franchise, so I'll just wish for this: no more overpowered flashy pokemon or gimmicks.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I really wish they'd stray away from their usual story where every game follows yet another ten year old on their quest to collect badges and battle the Elite Four and meanwhile also faces the regional evil gang. Playing as a meaningful character with an engaging story would be really cool for once.

And yes, I'm aware there's an island challenge in Gen VII, but in the end you're just collecting "badges" again, only Gyms work slightly differently.

Years
I really wish they'd stray away from their usual story where every game follows yet another ten year old on their quest to collect badges and battle the Elite Four and meanwhile also faces the regional evil gang. Playing as a meaningful character with an engaging story would be really cool for once.

And yes, I'm aware there's an island challenge in Gen VII, but in the end you're just collecting "badges" again, only Gyms work slightly differently.

Same here!

Let's see the trainer get inveigled into the evil team, or be made to doubt the evil team's morality or something. A true jerk for a rival - not some wisecracker or inherent nice guy. A stabbing... a conspiracy! Pokéballs are distributed, but with an inbuilt computer and tracker so that the Pokémon inside are scanned, ripe for stealing once they're nice and strong.

The company is in cahoots with the bad team, and as the main character you have to unravel the whole thing... the champion plays the role of support, but he's just as rotten as the rest of them! When you confront and defeat him in an unofficial match, you're made his replacement by automatic. That's not the end of the game, though. You have to crush the remaining factions of the evil team with the help of a Legendary Pokémon found in the heart of a supposedly non-existent cavern that is full of fantastical dangers.

... I genuinely did not mean to type up an alternative plot, but this is sounding pretty fucking legit. I'd play it.

Years
Another anime series focusing on the game protagonists. Not to replace the current one or anything, since I enjoy it a lot as it is, but I'd love both! Even if the series focusing on the games is your standard 12 or or 24 episodes per region.

Back