• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toes

Can you touch your toes without bending your knees?

• Easy

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Urrrghhh... nearly!

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Years
Nope, never have been able to. Even when I was healthy and actively dancing every day I have never been able to. I personally blame my height. My arms are just not long enough to make that distance.

Years
Aggressively locking my knees, no.

Without aggressively locking them, in other words "naturally straight" with their normal slight kink then apparently I can, just, but I bloody hurt now thank you very much :cry:

Years
I can touch my toes. It took some practice to make it clean and easy, but yep, I can do it. And I'm not sure whether it's about arm length, because to me it really seems to boil down to three areas - hips, back and the rear of my knees.

I know two people who can't do it, and when I see them try all I notice is that their backs don't look right and something to do with their hip joints is hindering them. I try and shove them down but it doesn't work. They just run away. One would think it was the first rung of good flexibility, but nope. Tom Holland -dancer, gymnast and actor- can't do it so maybe some people just can't.

Aggressively locking my knees, no.

Without aggressively locking them, in other words "naturally straight" with their normal slight kink then apparently I can, just, but I bloody hurt now thank you very much :cry:

Ah, I was going to give a health warning but then I became mad with power - the power to make people injure themselves from thousands and thousands of miles away. Sorry.

what toes?

The little smelly things at the far end of your legs that keep getting smashed up by furniture.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
yeah. though barely and only for a split second before my legs say 'stop doing that' but eeyy.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
I can proudly claim I can touch my toes without issues. My short height might have something to do with it though.

Years
You should only use your powers for good, young padawan ;)

Has anyone ever told you the tragedy of Darth Amsin the Wise? Probably not. It's not a story the moderators would tell you. It's a Toe legend. Darth Amsin was a Dark Lord of the Toe, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence other people into hurting themselves through trying to touch their toes without bending their knees. He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from touching their toes...

I'm going to start a backflip thread and wreak new havoc.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
yeah. though barely and only for a split second before my legs say 'stop doing that' but eeyy.
If I haven't stretched/warmed up my hamstring, basically this lol
but if I hang out in that position for a while, it gets easier and more comfortable

Years
Ack, I almost touched the ground with my palms but my knees tried to strangle me. More practice - I need to be able to do it by tomorrow so I can flaunt my flexibility to the northern Italian waitress. I'll catch her when she swoons and it'll all be very impressive.

Glad to see that the Easies are on step ahead of the Nopes, though.

Years
I tried just now and got the palms to the floor with my knees locked in place. This is after my training though, I don't think I can just do it without having warmed up first.

Back