• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
  • Interresting choices everybody!! it looks like most people are leaning towards pokemon white And im started to believe that pokemon white may be better.

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
    Years
  • I got white because I liked Zekrom's design a bit better. I love them both, I just liked Zekrom a tiiny bit better. And the name. Lol. And my brother got Black. We always get the opposite of each other. It's too bad he never got Soul Silver though..

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I chose the Black Version, because Reshiram more appealed to me than Zekrom.
    Concerning Black City or White Forest, I have to say that I'm disappointed of both... Maybe it's because I was expecting a very amazing place, and finally they are not that awesome... I guess I prefer Black City anyway, battles are better.

evo21

RNGing is awesomes
    Years
    • Age 36
    • uk
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    i got both of them on there day of release and i still cant choose which 1 i like better the both have pros/cons

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2012
    I also like Pokemaon Black, it is probably because black is my favorite color and also because in black there is a lot more intensity and action.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    White. Can't say no to Reuniclus's face.

Oh, and the eagle of AMERICA. Black's exclusives just bored me. Black City seemed like a better exclusive area, though. White forest is still nice, I suppose.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    White. Can't say no to Reuniclus's face.

Oh, and the eagle of AMERICA. Black's exclusives just bored me. Black City seemed like a better exclusive area, though. White forest is still nice, I suppose.

@ Bottom: I agree actually, although it was originally the opposite for me. I got White as my main game because originally I thought White Forest was the best, yet sadly, it really wasn't. Black City actually made me look away from playing Black the most, lol. :(

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Black City and White Forest imo weren't all that great. :/ I chose Black because it has Zekrom which I like better than Reshiram.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    I got both black and white, my friend and I had so much fun battling with all my pokemon on both games. it took me ages to get most of the 600+ pokemon on both games. im gonna do the same with black 2 and white 2, black kyurem ftw

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I got both versions, but I chose to play Black first because of Reshiram. But I prefer White Forest for the free Pokemon.

IMO, Reshiram is better because its dual STABs being unresisted. Its design is also cool.

Years
  • I own both versions, but I'll have to go with White on this one. The exclusives- namely Braviary and Reuiniclus- are better than Black's. I also like Zekrom better than Reshiram, because Reshiram seems a little too bulky in size.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
  • Black City and White Forest imo weren't all that great. :/ I think I'll be choosing Black 2 because it has Black Kyurem which I like better than White Kyurem.

I think that they could have made white city and black forest a lot better, they weren't very well designed and i think that most people just got the games because of the pokemon and not because of the City/Forest

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
    Years
  • I chose Black thinking I was going to get Zekrom. Nope, got Reshiram. I love them both. I prefer Black City better. I also prefer the Black Opelucid City theme better.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I prefer White a bit more tbh due to having access to the White Forest and Thundurus to name a few exclusives which I liked moreso over Black's exclusives back then, personal preferences ftw.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I prefer Pokemon White pretty much because of the exclusives and a few perks you get here and there. I always feel like the differences between the two games are too minimal to affect the storyline (apart from the legendary part towards the end, although it still tends to be similar on both stand points). Most of the reasons of choice goes down to the little quirks a specific person has towards the games (as well as what's available in stock when purchasing it :P).

Years
  • I picked White
    theres more pokemon to catch ( exclusive to white version )
    but black is also real fun

Reddo

Happy!
    Years
  • I chose Pokémon Black... I prefer Reshiram and just can't afford the idea of N catching it. I also like the Hero of Truth thing, so...
    The futuristic Opelucid City is much more appealing as well.
    About White Forest and Black City, I didn't care about either... You have to talk or battle everyone everyday in order to keep them there, and I just don't have time for this...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I always get both versions, but when I imported, I chose White. I like all the version exclusives more, except Zekrom. Plus I mean PETILIL is in White. WILD PETILIL. EVERYWHERE. YES. What more reason do I need?!

Back