• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seeing Movies Twice?

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
Now about everyone I know has this strange obsession with watching a movie in theaters more than once. Now I could understand if it were an art movie, like at a film festival, but there's people out there that think every triple A Hollywood blockbuster is worth multiple viewings. My sister watched the first Hunger Games movie a whopping SEVEN TIMES in theaters. There's no way a movie that most people would call good or decent is worth seven theater views.

But what do you all think?

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Well I personally love seeing movies in theaters, but would never go more than once! However if some friends invite me to go to a movie that I've already seen, but really enjoyed I will go again. This opinion is actually based off if seeing it more than once was free and I still wouldn't care to go, so if you add the price of the ticket and popcorn (mandatory for me!) it's a definite no. Although once a movie I love comes out on DVD I'll buy it and watch it a few times a year, but as far as the theater goes once or twice max is enough.

Years
I've seen movies multiple times, but lately if watched a +2 hour movies twice in less than 24 hous. It was the movie Warrior, a real masterpiece.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Comsidering how expensive tickets are I wouldn't be inclined to go more than once, unless as Pokemasta92 mentioned it was with a gang of buddies who had invited me along and I enjoyed it the first time. I'd rather wait for the DVD to be released.

Going to see a film seven times is kind of overkill though.

Chibiterasu

내가 다시 왔네
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 17, 2020
I only watch a movie at a theater once. I never actually go back unless a friend of mine wants to watch it and I've already seen it. It wouldn't bother me, though. I would rather re-watch it at home.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I'm recently discovering that I'd rather not see a movie more than once, even on like DVD release. The exceptions are LOTR, Star Wars, and Harry Potter, but typically I'm finding after once, that's enough.

Guest123_x1

I have never gone to see the same movie at the theaters more than once. Usually, if the movie I saw was really good, I'd wait to buy it on DVD. However, I had a train of thought of wanting to see Toy Story 3 a second time.

Years
I watch most movies multiple times, unless it's really bad. I first watch the movie with my friends from college, and sometimes there's other people I have to watch it with so I go again.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I don't normally watch movies multiple times, unless it's on the T.V. after I've already seen it and I just don't mind watching it again.

However, I would never pay the ridiculous $10.25 to see a movie in the movie theater for a second time.

Cyanox

Self-Proclaimed Genius
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
I actually just saw Frozen for the 3rd time last week. Each time was with different people who hadn't seen the movie before, but I loved the movie so much and the company is always nice.

If the movie is good and you're willing to pay the money then why not? I personally would wait for it to come out on DVD, however. Frozen was just an exception.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I wouldn't watch the same movie multiple times in theaters, just because of how expensive that would be. I don't think I've ever even paid to watch the same movie twice. I've made other people watch a movie they've already seen again with me though

At home, I frequently watch the same movies over and over though.

Years
Most movies I watch only once, even if I really like them. There are a few movies I've seen twice, though I haven't done it in years - possibly because getting to a movie theater isn't as accessible to me as it used to be.

The movies I've seen twice were Ratatouille and Avatar. Admittedly, both times were because I was smitten with the visuals, especially with Avatar (and with that as well, it was like "what will we do? what movie to see? what, watch that one again? well okay").

Haven't really felt the desire to do anything like that recently, though.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
In theatres, I have seen these multiple times.

The Lion King at least once in 1994 and once during its 3D rerelease in 2011. This was one of my favorites growing up. Hands down.

Ted, twice. Hilarious.. Also saw it twice in TV shortly after.

POTC 2: twice, but I liked the original better.

Finding Nemo once in 2003, and once in 3D.

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Actually I really like watching movies over and over again, at least once or twice. It's usually long after the first viewing, though. The only exception I can think of is Catching Fire, which I saw twice within the same two week period. On the contrary, I watched Breaking Dawn, both parts, last night and even felt compelled to watch them again after that (I didn't, but I feel like it now) because they were so good. I also haven't seen them in a long time so it was a nice refresher. I watched Forrest Gump a couple days ago for what can only be the umpteenth time, and it was still so, so good, as if it was the first time I'd seen it. Movies like that or movies I haven't seen in a good, long time are a welcome treat for a second or third watch, imo.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The ONLY movie I ever saw twice was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, because I went with my school group and then my friends :P

I was like 9-10 at the time? But I don't really wanna pay 5-7$ to see a movie twice. I'd rather just the DVD or Blu-Ray for about the same price and watch it repeatedly.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
I've never seen a movie more than once in the theater. I'm not really a movie person to begin with, I just can't sit still for an hour or two and focus just on the movie >_>

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
Years
I love watching movies at the theater or in my case the cinema, if you're willing to pay to see something you love/enjoy, why not? :P
I've been to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug twice, most recent was yesterday!

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Also speaking of whether to watch a movie at the theater on DVD, it depends on the movie. I haven't seen the movie Gravity, but I'm sure it's much better in IMAX 3D than it would be on a small TV at home. A comedy on the other hand I don't mind watching on my laptop.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
Well, my stance on this kinda changed. Some movies are best viewed on a giant screen. Such movies would be 2001: A Space Odyssey, Gravity, Harold and Maude, Hero, Fantasia, etc. So pretty much movies that could be considered art. But, as good as it may be, Frozen or The Hunger Games aren't quite on that level.

Back