• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seeing Movies Twice?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Well, my stance on this kinda changed. Some movies are best viewed on a giant screen. Such movies would be 2001: A Space Odyssey, Gravity, Harold and Maude, Hero, Fantasia, etc. So pretty much movies that could be considered art. But, as good as it may be, Frozen or The Hunger Games aren't quite on that level.
It really depends on the movie for the person, though. A lot of movies that I've seen twice in theaters aren't art at all. They're just standard movies, though some are considered better than others for some reason or another. They might not be "worth" watching because the movie itself is nothing to write home about, but people still watch them several times because they either enjoy the experience of seeing that movie again or because they want to share it with different people each time.

The last movie that I saw more than once in theaters was Ender's Game. Not a spectacular blockbuster "art" movie in any sense of the word, but I loved it. The reason why I saw it twice was because I love the book and wanted to appreciate the movie again while it was in theaters and to hunt for an ICEE cup. I didn't have to see it on the big screen twice, and could just wait for the DVD (a little over three weeks!), but I wanted to see it in theaters again. For no other reason than just because I love the movie.

So for you, while Frozen or any of the Hunger Games movies might not be worth seeing more than once in theaters, other people just love those movies enough to keep going back.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I've seen movies multiple times, just not in quick succession. Although there have been movies I liked a lot, I doubt I would go to see any twice unless there's a case of going with friends who haven't seen it before, then I may go for the social interaction. =p

Years
I don't think I'd go to the theatre multiple times for a single movie, but I would watch a movie a multiple times at home on DVD/TV/the internet/etc.

In fact, I just re-watched Django Unchained for a third time. Great movie, but I don't think I would've paid for 3 tickets to see it, unless I was with 3 different (groups of) people.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 19, 2022
Costs too much to go watch a movie in the theaters more than once lol. I haven't even been to the movie theater in two years...but nah, I've only watched one movie twice in the theater's I believe.
My dad watches any new batman movie several times in the theater though, because he loves batman. I guess if you can waste the money and you really liked the movie, I don't see a problem with it. Just isn't something I want to do.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
if i see a movie in the movie theater, it's only once. i haven't been to the movies in forever so i usually just wait till it's released on DVD.

Years
I normally see movies only once, but if it's entertaining enough, I'll go back a second time. Frozen is the latest movie that I've seen twice in theaters, but that's because it was amazing.
I usually wait until the movie comes out on DVD, though.

Years
The only movies I voluntarily re-watched movies were Titanic and Tangled. There are times when TV channels will re-run the same movie once and then another in the future; I just end up watching them again because I have nothing else to watch...

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
the only movie I've watched several times in theaters is Pokemon 2000. went to see that like four times i think lol.

outside of theaters, I can't think of many movies I've watched more than one time...

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Only three movies i like to watch over and over again:-
3 Idiots
Titanic
Mewtwo Strikes Back!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I personally don't mind it, honestly. If you really like a movie, you should feel free to watch it as many times as you like without caring about what others think. It might lower your interest, but still--I've done this plenty of times before. :P

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well, I have seen Frozen twice. c:

And when I was real young I saw the first two Pokemon movies multiple times in theaters.

Other than that, I generally only care to see movies once, and then if I wanna see 'em again I wait for the DVD releases.

Back