• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still play the older games?

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
  • Or do you only play the new games? I recently bought a copy of Pokémon Leaf Green and have been playing it occasionally in the last week. I tend to go back to Gen 3 and 4 quite often when I feel like playing a Pokémon game again, since they are my favourite Gens in the series.

Years
  • Currently in the middle of a B2W2 playthrough, so yes! I think revisiting older games can be fun sometimes, especially if it's a game that you haven't played in a good long while. One of the thing on my to-do list is to replay Crystal too, but that's a long way off. :x

Years
  • I still play older Pokemon when i had a chance, i played Black and White and i am considering play XY for 3DS Emulation, but the emulator for 3DS still in Beta Phase so i should wait for it.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
  • I've recently started a new playthrough of Black, I didn't realize how much I've missed it. I also found my old Fire Red cartridge so I may give that a go sometime in the near future.

Years
  • Yep, pretty often honestly. I still play Platinum from time to time, and I just finished playing through FRLG and BW! Not sure how likely I am to go back to anything before Gen 3, but anything after that I still play fairly regularly.

Years
  • I do! I adore replaying older games, it never gets any less fun regardless of how many times I do it. :3c Currently replaying White 2, and still have to continue off with my monocolor run in Ruby.

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Pokémon Blue comes out to play from time to time. It will always have a special place in my heart.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    absolutely. i love doing challenges and doing them in different generations is part of the fun!

TOKZK

Gen II veteran/breaker
    Years
  • I still consistently play pokemon crystal, emerald, black, and pearl to this very day. I still bring my gameboy with me to school with my copy of crystal, and a ds lite with me to school every day, and I I find myself starting new games every week or two, because I complete them in that span of time (except emerald and crystal, because I literally NEVER get bored of those two, considering I had an old 400hr save on those two).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • yeah, i love older games. i've actually become more fond of gen II games in recent years (i mean i already really liked them but i like them even MORE now for some reason?) and i love to replay them when i get the urge. usually just depends on what i'm feelin. like you know when you get a craving for food and you just gotta go get it like that's how it is w pokemon games for me. sometimes i just want too much water 7/10

Years
  • I go back to HeartGold every once and a while, and at some point I'd like to go through the 5th gen games again, because I don't think I appreciated how good they were the first time around. I go back to the gen 3 games every once and a while too, but find it hard go get back into anything earlier than that.

Years
  • definitely. i can't count the amount of times i've replayed firered and emerald. i think i also replayed platinum and the unova games more than 2 times

Years
  • I may have overplayed Leaf Green a bit, but I still can't get enough of Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, and to a lesser extent Soul Silver.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I have. I played HGSS a bunch and probably will go back to that. Played Crystal on the VC on 3DS as well.

Think at some stage I will replay B2W2 with a grass monotype run and try out the hard mode, one way or another.

Last edited:

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • Always.

I mean no offence to the Pokémon Games on the 3DS.
    But, everything beforehand, GB - DS are better in my opinion.
    So, I'm always going back!

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Yeah, but only hacks, pokemom R/B/Y hacks are way better than pokemon G/C hacks, and FR hacks are kinda boring now

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2019
    I am currently on Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and looking to move to the previous series called Pokémon Yellow.

Back