• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Lillipup vs Purrloin

Lillipup vs Purrloin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Taaaaking a short break from feature/location vs feature/location to go to fun Pokemon vs Pokemon ones for a bit!

Also: Lenora is very clearly the winner!

Spr_5b_506.png
6219A.png
Spr_5b_509.png

What do you think? Which is the better beginner Pokemon?

pkmin3033

They're both equally useless honestly, but in terms of design Purrloin is significantly better than Lillipup. Not only because cats are better than dogs, but it just has the more appealing and natural-looking design...Lillipup and its evolutions look like totally different breeds, there is no real sense of progression as they evolve.

Years
Lillipup is the one who stays consistently strong throughout the game with powerful Normal-type STAB moves. Purrloin's stats all suck aside from Speed, so it's definitely not worth it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Lillipup is part of a three stage line, which means you will have a fairly strong Pokémon by the time you defeat the 5th Gym.

Stoutland can learn a variety of really good physical moves, like Retaliate, Return, the Elemental Fangs and Crunch for coverage. It can either have Intimidate or Sand Rush as it's Ability. Intimidate is good for crippling physical attackers, while Sand Rush is neat if you have a Pokémon that knows how to summon a Sandstorm.

I recommend using Intimidate as it's main Ability, since you won't get any Sand Stream users until you beat the game.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 12, 2018
Both are incredibly cute. Definitely in the top cutest of Unova alongside Deerling, Munna, Oshawott, Duckette, Sewaddle, and Petilil.

Lillipup's face looks like he is saying "do you love me?"
Purrloin's face look like she is saying "dontcha just love me?"

The decision is tough, but I will go with Purrloin mainly because Liepard is in my third favorite Unova pokemon. Liepard obviously is not anything to brag about in terms of battling, but I love her design!!! Moreover, in-game she is actually useful to cleanup with fake out/sucker punch + high speed stat, has prankster ability + thunder wave, and can eject herself from battle with u-turn to get the hell out of there after clean up or paralyzing the opponent.

So, although Purrloin and Lillipup are equal in my eyes; Liepard's design and usefulness outshines the Lillipup line.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Purrloin all the way! It's so cute and I love it's colour scheme

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I'm biased because I like dogs... But Lillipup :p I think it's adorable in every way. Not to mention Stoutland is a beast during the story playthrough. The whole line has a special place in my heart. Purrloin and Liepard do have their merits, though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oo it's close!

Purrloin is adorable and has a hilarious battle strategy of tilting the opponent into surrendering when she grows up so she definitely gets my vote. Nothing against Lillipup but I do find the line a little boring!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Guysssss. It's gotta be Lillipup! Like honestly. Nevermind dogs vs cats for a second - Purrloin is PURPLE. Purple. Lillipup at least looks realistic lmao. So Lillipup... cuz you can name it Snoop Dogg. :')

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think it's safe to say everyone thinks the puppy is the best? :)

Although Purrloin DOES get more attention in B2W2...

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
well, I'll vote for lilipup.
Stoutland can be your useful team later because he can learn three-elements fangs.Also, He has many physical attack normal types and his attack stats great too

Back