• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What web browser do you use?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Off a discussion we had in the Discord last night... what web browser do you use, and why?

Me, I use Chrome. Fast, has a bookmarks toolbar, and my bookmarks follow me everywhere I go.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
Firefox, because it's open source, customisable, and doesn't eat as much RAM as chrome.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
/not techy

I use Chrome, even on my macbook. It just looks the best and works the most intuitive way imo. Or maybe I'm just used to it since forever. I tried using Safari when I switched to macbook, but in the end I just cringed at the interface.

Detail though - Pok?Community lags a bit when scrolling on Chrome. Not on Safari o:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Firefox, because I've used it for years and over time I got a pretty good setup that I can't mimic with another browser.
Detail though - Pok?Community lags a bit when scrolling on Chrome. Not on Safari o:
Don't tell me, there actually is a browser where PC doesn't produce lag? *implying that PC might not be as well optimized as it should be*

Years
My main browser is Vivaldi, my backup browser is Firefox. I've been searching for the most customizable and these two works perfectly. My main browser was supposed to be Firefox, but it uses more RAM than Vivaldi, even more than Chrome! I'm just using 3 tabs with Firefox and its going up to 143 MB of RAM! When I use Chrome or Vivaldi, 5 tabs just use 30 - 65 MB of RAM. Dunno why.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Nowadays I tend to rely on Firefox, even though at times I resort to Google Chrome or even Palemoon as the backup for occasion.

pkmin3033

Firefox. It was the best alternative to Internet Explorer at the time (this was several years ago, I don't think Chrome even existed back then) and I'm too stubborn to change. It's not so bad, though.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Firefox because it fast loading, though chrome often auto-strong refresh itself makes the loading like heck

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Jumping between Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Samsung Internet depending on what I'm using.

It's nice to not need to rely on anything special a browser offers. They're practicalyl interchangeable as I generally purely web browse with web browsers.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Google chrome. I prefer google as my search engine, as I find there are less ads and more good results, and also it just looks cool. And for bookmarks, I have almost as many as I have items on my steam wishlist xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Safari Technology Preview.

I used Chrome when I had a Windows laptop, but I was basically driven to Mac by the car-crash that was Windows 8 when I needed to get something newer that didn't heat up to the temperature of the Sun when running YouTube. I have an iPhone as well so Safari makes sense because of all the syncing between iOS and MacOS. Even without Chrome being a power suck on desktop, the fact that everything on iOS has to run on the same underlying architecture as Safari means there's just no point using anything else.

As to why I have the Technology Preview on my Mac? Its got a cool purple icon and there's absolutely no instability so why not be slightly ahead on updates?

Also, I use DuckDuckGo as my search engine to avoid the Google tracking. They have nice products but I tend to try to evade their ecosystem as much as possible, although a lot of group work at university tended to be on Docs and there is no substitute for YouTube, or Google Scholar when it comes to academic work.

EDIT: Because the British government is technologically backwards to go along with their 19th century social policies, I have to use Google Chrome to access my student finance. I have a browser just for one website, because for some reason they can't make their site compatible with a product from one of the most valuable and visible companies on the planet.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah I've been using Chrome for years and probably always will, like Rika I considered using Safari on my Macbook, but it just didn't feel right and I've quickly gone back to Chrome.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
Google Chrome.
I don't mind its RAM consumption too much (even if it's annoying at times), I can also use it on my phone and synchronize the history and bookmarks between my devices and I find this feature really useful.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Safari on my computer and Chrome on my phone ^-^. I used to use Chrome on my computer too, but I hate how it makes tabs smaller and smaller the more tabs you have.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
I am staying with firefox because the I don't prefer the other browsers atm.

Edge is the back-up browser for me though. *everyone gasps*

Years
I remember when Firefox was love, life, and everything. Now I'm all about that Google Chrome. <3 Like Marth except with Chrome, I've got a good set up that I don't think I can mimic by using any other browser. Plus it'd be a pain to transfer all my data/plugins/etc, like saved passwords and whatnot, at this point.

Years
Google Chrome mostly. I did have to use Firefox for a while when my Chrome bugged up, but Chrome usually has the speed reliability which is crucial when you're someone who's on the internet a lot.

Back