• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Loneliness.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Do I feel lonely? Well, let me just ask... oh, wait.

I feel lonely a lot when my friends are hanging out and I'm not with them, just because I dislike heavily being excluded.

Years
I never felt lonely in my life.
I don't think it's a sad feeling, most of the time, you feel lonely when no one is around or no one wants to talk or something. You can do a lot of things while nobody is around.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I like solitude sometimes. It's nice to be alone and do your own thing. However, there are times where I need someone and I'm thankful I normally have them. When I don't, I've done some bad things that I regret.

Then, there's people like my girlfriend who always needs to be around people or she'll let her mind wonder into bad memories and it plays a toll on her.

I think if people can find a good balance between solitude and people they can truly be happy. However, everyone has different balances.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
I think that feeling Lonely can be translated to feeling alone............ If you are around folks you know and like, you feel occupied and happy. But if you are around folks you don't want to know and no one there gives a damn about you, then it would be classified as lonely........

Alone is when a person is left to their thoughts and ideas........... Like when you study alone or when you sit and watch TV.............

Both of these may or may not mean the same thing............

Feeling lonesome is the time when people feel the need to talk to someone......... It makes them feel as if there is no one left in the world to talk to but that is usually not true.......... It also makes them reflect on the happy(less likely) and sad(more likely) moments of their life....... A person may also be exposed to his memories about a person they have true feelings for and may think about what they should do next........ It is a time when people are forced to be alone and remain confined to themselves.........

I personally like being alone most of the times because I dislike unnecessary company or even the company of my friends............. I prefer solitude to group company.......... It is probably because I am afraid at heart that I may commit a mistake and be laughed at............. But this thread isn't about that...............

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I do feel lonely sometimes, but it's often when I kinda put myself into it, like it being two in the morning and being the only person awake, or if I dropped some plans with somebody and change my mind seconds after the last minute.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
Years
Going to school means I don't really have the option to be alone for most of the time, only on the weekends, but usually I'm pretty busy then, and I have my abnormally large family to put up with. Whenever I'm alone for a longer amount of time, which is like once every couple of months or so, it's kind of like eating a piece of chocolate, I savour it for as long as I can, and I enjoy it for a bit, but after a while the novelty wears off and it's just boring, I find myself craving human interaction again if you can believe it. Usually that's when I turn to facebook.
But being alone isn't necessarily a bad thing imo, it's nice to be alone with your own thoughts for a bit, but people are nice to, I guess.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I mostly have to be alone because it's the only way I recharge my energy. It's just how introversion works. That and I tend to have periods of time where I really just want to be productive, and I can't do that in largely populated areas with a bunch of chit-chat. I admit it's probably more of a failing of mine, considering it's not so bad when I'm around strangers I can just ditch or among friends that I don't mind the additional chatter (to a degree), but going forward in my career? Eh... working in games requires open communication, which makes a lot of sense in practice, but that also opens the door for a lot of inane chatter which I really don't want or need (especially considering a lot of it is frankly immature). Didn't like it at the last job I had, can't say I look forward to it again. :\

I just like working in the zone, which requires silence, which usually requires me being either alone or with people who are comfortable working in silence as well. To answer the question, I like being alone, but being with other "green" personalities that need quiet to recharge and focus is just as fine. As for loneliness, I don't really get that. I've got people I can simply fire a text message to if I wanna shoot the breeze.

I should mention that I can handle one person being chatty if we're the only two people in the room. I can work and talk simulatenously, though I won't promise undivided attention. However, the company is nice at times (unless I'm doing something that requires concentration).

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Usually I feel lonely when my parents say they're going shopping but wind up being gone for like 6 hours or more because they committed to other things without telling me (which unfortunately happens a lot).. but other than that, I have things I could do online if I ever feel lonely.

This. I go half-days without communicating with a live person, and it doesn't help that my parents run off to do their things and my brothers are engrossed in their ps3's or jobs. For non-family, I can go weeks. I'm not close to anyone irl and my classmates end up using me for notes and the like. So, I'm plenty happy finding other things to do online. I have plenty of people to chat with and plenty of videos and gifs to stare at. Other times it eats at me.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I usually like being with people. I'm a social person and enjoy company alot.

However, sometimes being alone feels great. Even more so when I have to think about something.
I have to agree with what was said above about being alone and feeling lonely. Completely different, and the second one is surely bad

Outlier

You guys think that you know what real loneliness is? You don't even know the half of it.

This is the kind of pain and isolation that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Spoiler:

Nneuroxin

Shall Mote It Be!
Years
I've always felt alone, even if theres people around me. A sense of not belonging, like a alien of some sorts, just wandering through. I feel like I'm alone in a lot of things, and sometimes I am physically alone when I feel this, sometimes I'm around a lot of people when I feel this. I've always seen it as a bad thing, a feeling I don't really like feeling. It makes me uneasy

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I've always felt alone, even if theres people around me. A sense of not belonging, like a alien of some sorts, just wandering through. I feel like I'm alone in a lot of things, and sometimes I am physically alone when I feel this, sometimes I'm around a lot of people when I feel this. I've always seen it as a bad thing, a feeling I don't really like feeling. It makes me uneasy

This. It's the exact same as me. Although it no longer makes me uneasy.

Years
I'm quite honestly used to the sense of loneliness. Sometimes I do prefer to have my solitude away from everyone else, and other times I'll be longing to spend time with family and friends. I'm the kind of person who appreciates having peace and quiet once in a while away from everyday craziness. There are emotional times when I feel like I don't have anyone to rely on, but I know my family will always be there.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I used to feel lonely all the time, but now I value being alone. Everytime I'm with someone (which is rarely) they complain about their friends or have girl problems... Social life sounds tiring. Don't get me wrong though it's not like I hate being around people. I just prefer being alone rather than in company.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
I used to get lonely a lot when I believed that I needed other people to be happy, but after being hurt/betrayed so many times I realized that I'm happy by myself and with my family.

I kinda value being alone now just because I don't have to deal with someone else's drama; that said, I do have one very good friend with whom I spend a lot of time.

One true friend is worth the world!

Shhmew

Years
Yes, I am lonely almost all the time.

Every single one of my friends is over the internet and I often crave just hugging them and laying with them and listening to music together and just talking. Hearing their voice. Feeling their skin or something. I wish for it every day.

I do have my boyfriend in real life, and I see him every day, and I love him to bits. But I can't help but feel like I need interaction from friends too, if you know what I mean. Even when I'm with him (or my family or something) I often still feel quite lonely. I agree with some others that said being lonely isn't the same thing as being alone. I can be surrounded by tons of people and still feel so incredibly lonely. It could explain why I'm so emotionally clingy toward most of my internet friends and not my boyfriend. :(

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
In the first week of my new school, I was always alone. I only knew one person and she already had her own friends, and I didn't want to tag along. It was one of the saddest weeks of my life; I didn't have anyone to talk to during lunch, I didn't have anyone to ask what our homework was for the day. It was really depressing, but I guess it was harder on me because I'm a really talkative person once you get to know me. I can't stand not telling people about my life adventures, about little things that people don't need to know about.

Years
I like both being alone and feeling lonely.
It's only natural, since I often feel like a misanthropist.
I appreciate the silence, and being alone gives me the sweet, sweet illusion that I don't need anybody else besides me. I do appreciate the company of my close friends and family, and generally of strangers too, unless I am in my misanthrope mood.

Back