• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [COMPLETE][pokefirered] Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen+

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2022
    Hello. This game hack looks very promising. However, when using myBoy to play on android, I can't access the Key System which ruins the whole experience. Any plans on making it work for android players? Thanks

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2022
    Hey, just popping in to say that I was planning on making a very similar hack to this and I'm glad you did so and saved me the trouble!

I skimmed through the log and the thread and couldn't find an answer to a couple of questions, so I hope you don't mind me asking:
    1. Do you have any plans to add a day/night cycle or would that interfere too much with the Gen 3 feel? Or was it not added because nobody has done so for pokefirered yet?

2. Are any Johto Pokémon catchable during the pre-E4 quest or are they exclusive to post-game like vanilla? Since the First-Third island quests are optional anyway, I believe allowing the player to explore Four-Seven Island before the E4 would give the dex more variety without compromising on the legality of the encounters, but correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Do you have any plans to expand the post-game to include Johto or would that be too much? If so, then:

4. I heard you were taking over CrystalDust. If so, then do you have plans to make the two games compatible with each other? If I am mistaken and you're not taking over the game, then ignore this point.

5. In case the answer to all of this is no, do you mind I use this as a base for my own work? I'd just like to add the above mentioned for my personal enjoyment and don't plan on releasing it to the public.

Finally, do you have any other work I can check out?

Last edited:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • I've written up an FAQ document because I'm tired of answering the same questions over and over. Here is the link. It is also linked at the top of the first post and in the readme. Everyone, please read it before asking questions in the future.

---

Hello. This game hack looks very promising. However, when using myBoy to play on android, I can't access the Key System which ruins the whole experience. Any plans on making it work for android players? Thanks
    The Key System works fine on mGBA and on hardware. Once you start a new game, you have to save and reset to access the Key System Menu. If this is actually a bug I need more information to fix it. What happens when you try to access it?

Hey, just popping in to say that I was planning on making a very similar hack to this and I'm glad you did so and saved me the trouble!

I skimmed through the log and the thread and couldn't find an answer to a couple of questions, so I hope you don't mind me asking:
    1. Do you have any plans to add a day/night cycle or would that interfere too much with the Gen 3 feel? Or was it not added because nobody has done so for pokefirered yet?

2. Are any Johto Pokémon catchable during the pre-E4 quest or are they exclusive to post-game like vanilla? Since the First-Third island quests are optional anyway, I believe allowing the player to explore Four-Seven Island before the E4 would give the dex more variety without compromising on the legality of the encounters, but correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Do you have any plans to expand the post-game to include Johto or would that be too much? If so, then:

4. I heard you were taking over CrystalDust. If so, then do you have plans to make the two games compatible with each other? If I am mistaken and you're not taking over the game, then ignore this point.

5. In case the answer to all of this is no, do you mind I use this as a base for my own work? I'd just like to add the above mentioned for my personal enjoyment and don't plan on releasing it to the public.

Finally, do you have any other work I can check out?

1. I won't be adding an RTC or a visible day/night cycle because neither are really needed and it would mess with the feel.

2. Yes, the Johto evolutions of Kanto Pokemon are available before the E4. I won't be changing when the player can go to Four-through-Seven Islands because it would mess up the level curve. You can always trade if you want something pre-Champion that is unavailable.

3. There are no plans for any kind of postgame like that, no.

4. From FRLG+'s perspective, only the vanilla games exist. CD is compatible with FRLG+ because CD is compatible with vanilla games, but FRLG+ will not show Johto locations in its summary screen or anything like that.

5. See the new FAQ here.

I don't currently have other projects that are public, save for FRLG+ and CD. Thanks for your interest!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Does not save on EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition flash cart. Just found that out the hard way. It looks like it saves, but when you turn it off everything's gone.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Does not save on EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition flash cart. Just found that out the hard way. It looks like it saves, but when you turn it off everything's gone.

Mine isnt definitive. Its ômega
    Works ok here.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    thank you so much i was looking at the tread and i don't know how i dint see it

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Seeing as you've already exposed hidden power, would it be possible for you to do the same for Camouflage, Weather Ball and Nature Power as well, please?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Hi, just to clarify on Johto mons available before getting the National Dex. Does this mean that Crobat (evolves from Golbat via Friendship) would be available prior to getting the Nat Dex? Thanks!

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Seeing as you've already exposed hidden power, would it be possible for you to do the same for weather ball and nature power as well, please?

I'll see what I can do in the future. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi, just to clarify on Johto mons available before getting the National Dex. Does this mean that Crobat (evolves from Golbat via Friendship) would be available prior to getting the Nat Dex? Thanks!

Yes. That's exactly what that means.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • This patch is now out of date, see this post for the newest one.

I have uploaded a new patch that fixes a crash, several bugs and tile errors, and improves some overworld sprites. The link in the first post has been updated, but you can also grab it from here: https://github.com/Deokishisu/FRLG-Plus/releases/tag/v1.4.2

The Juggler, Young Couple, Rocker, and Lady classes have received new overworld sprites. The Cable Club receptionist has had her walking sprite tweaked.
    Challenge Mode Misty's rematch no longer sets the Safari Zone flag when beaten.
    Icefall Cave should no longer allow the player to overshoot a cracking ice tile and fall in such a way that they will be trapped.
    Icefall Cave's cracked ice tiles should no longer spawn wild Pokemon, fixing a vanilla bug where if a wild Pokémon was encountered, the ice would not crack.
    Fixed Icefall Cave vanilla tile errors.
    Fix potential crash in party menu when swapping Pokémon with the select button.
    Swapping Pokémon with the select button now only works when the player has at least two Pokémon.
    One and Three Island's tall grass now animates correctly.
    Deoxys is now affected by the IV Calculation and EV Calculation keys.
    Deoxys formes now show correctly in the Hall of Fame. Hall of Fame entries from before this release will show Normal Forme Deoxys in all cases.
    Eggs now obey Nuzlocke rules. When hatched, an egg will set the encounter flag of the place it was originally obtained in (e.g. Four Island if it was obtained from the Day Care). If the encounter flag is already set for that location, the Pokémon will hatch fainted. This does not apply to eggs that were traded in from another game.
    The Teachy TV now uses the correct text color.

Last edited:

Player1041

Player1041#3716 on Discord
    Years
  • Heya, quick question;
    is it possible to add support for transferring between Gen 3 (frlg) and Gen 4 (diamond, pearl, platinum, hg, ss) without the need for the two games to be inserted?
    I have a venosaur that I don't want to lose because of a broken DS. I put the game files onto a 2DS and play it that way.

But yeah, tl;dr
    Gen 3 -> Gen 4 transfer support without using the game carts.

(idk if its in already or if its at all possible but if it is, any chance of it being added?)

Edit: also without like uhhh replicating it using a save manager if possible, so it's the exact same Pokémon, yk

Thanks!
    Player1041

Last edited:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Heya, quick question;
    is it possible to add support for transferring between Gen 3 (frlg) and Gen 4 (diamond, pearl, platinum, hg, ss) without the need for the two games to be inserted?
    I have a venosaur that I don't want to lose because of a broken DS. I put the game files onto a 2DS and play it that way.

But yeah, tl;dr
    Gen 3 -> Gen 4 transfer support without using the game carts.

(idk if its in already or if its at all possible but if it is, any chance of it being added?)

Edit: also without like uhhh replicating it using a save manager if possible, so it's the exact same Pokémon, yk

Thanks!
    Player1041

I'm honestly not sure what you're expecting me to do. There's no way for me to create an in-game method that will magically poof your Pokemon to a Gen 4 save file on your 2DS. You're essentially asking me to sign on as a dev to TWiLightMenu and code up an emulated dual-slot mode from scratch which, for obvious reasons, is not happening. However, I can tell you that the Pal Park code from Gen 4 was included in the Diamond and Pearl source code leak and that PKHeX replicates what Pal Park does perfectly. Using PKHeX to bring up your Pokemon from FRLG+ will yield a Pokemon that has zero differences to one you manually Pal Parked up.

If you still don't want to use PKHeX, dump your saves and use a PC DS emulator that does support the dual-slot mode and Pal Park them up that way, then return the saves to your 2DS.

Alternatively, regular DSes are fairly cheap used.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    So...this may be a stupid question, but I can't figure out how to access the key settings. When do I gain access to those? Is it a plot event? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    So...this may be a stupid question, but I can't figure out how to access the key settings. When do I gain access to those? Is it a plot event? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Save the game, then reset the game and you'll see the option before loading back into your save.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Yep, see? Stupid question. I'm using one of those Chinese emulator handhelds running RetroArch (mGBA) and it auto save-states things. So I guess I haven't looked at the load menu in a while...

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    How do I refight gym leaders and is there an easier way to get the lucky egg outside of catching Chansey?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2022
    Hello, I'm new here and I have to admit that I enjoy playing pokemon fire red plus. I am trying to complete my pokedex but have no idea where to find the second eevee to get more of its evolution. Any suggestions?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • how i get the legendary ? like mew and latios/latias

Check the FAQ.
    How do I refight gym leaders and is there an easier way to get the lucky egg outside of catching Chansey?

Speak to the old woman in the house on Seven Island to start the quest. She wants a full Fame Checker for each leader. I will probably add this question to the FAQ eventually as well, since I've gotten it a few times now.
    No, there is no easier way of getting a Lucky Egg.
    Hello, I'm new here and I have to admit that I enjoy playing pokemon fire red plus. I am trying to complete my pokedex but have no idea where to find the second eevee to get more of its evolution. Any suggestions?

Breed Eevee on Four Island. There are no extra gift Eevee available.

Back