• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [COMPLETE][pokefirered] Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen+

Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen+

https://github.com/Deokishisu/FRLG-Plus

Please read the FAQ located here before asking questions or opening issues.

Introduction

The intention of this hack is to be the definitive FireRed and LeafGreen experience, adding in many quality of life and gameplay conveniences to make the game more bearable to play in 2022 while attempting to make the postgame better. The main goals of this project are as follows:
  • Implement options that can make the gameplay more or less difficult, giving the player more choice over the type of run they'll have.
  • Optionally remove unnecessary time wasters in the gameplay (health bar animations, text delays, etc.) while adding in methods of speeding up basic gameplay.
  • Maintain full compatibility with all of the games that vanilla FireRed and LeafGreen can link with and maintain the core Gen 3 gameplay.
  • Make sure all obtainable Pokémon are 100% legal in Gen 3.
  • Make the postgame more robust and make each Sevii Island unique and distinct.
  • Step on established canon as little as possible.

Features

The full feature list can be found in the project's repository here. The list in that link is easier to read as well.
  • A Key System has been implemented similar to Black 2 and White 2. Accessed from the main menu, this contains several difficulty options as well as the version toggle.
    • 2-in-1. This hack includes both FireRed and LeafGreen in their entirety, played with one savefile. This allows to player to organically catch the version exclusives in one playthrough. The current version can be toggled from the Key System.
    • Easy and Challenge Mode toggles; a built-in Nuzlocke ruleset; IV and EV calculation modifiers; a "No Free Heals" mode that prevents healing by any means except items; and an Experience Modifier are all accessed from the Key System.
      • The built-in Nuzlocke implementation is a special version of the standard ruleset to allow for a semi-normal playthrough. Fainted Pokémon cannot be revived by any means (including with the PC), and the player can catch Pokémon other than their first encounter in an area, those Pokémon will just be automatically fainted so they are unusable. This allows a Nuzlocke player to still fill up their Pokédex normally.
      • With No Free Heals toggled on, the PC will not heal Pokémon deposited into it in addition to disabling heals from the Pokémon Center and other healing spots.
      • Press L in the Key System menu to access the help entries that explain each option more thoroughly.
  • Better Postgame
    • Faraway and Southern Islands ported from Emerald. All 4 event islands accessible through gameplay accomplishments.
    • More obtainable Pokémon. Alongside all Kanto Pokémon, 90% of Johto Pokémon and 5 Hoenn Pokémon are obtainable for a total of 246 Pokémon available in one playthrough without trading.
      • Special care has been taken to ensure that all obtainable Pokémon are valid and legal in Gen 3. (With the possible exception of English Faraway Island Mew.)
      • A new Pokédex mode, Extended Mode, lists all Pokémon available without trading and is given out instead of the National Dex. The National Dex is now only obtainable by trading in a Pokémon not in the Extended Mode. Never wonder again if blanks in the Pokédex are obtainable without trading.
      • Some new areas added to house the new Pokémon, including a Safari Zone expansion.
    • Master Trainers for the 151 Kanto Pokémon similar to the Let's Go games with earnable titles for defeating them. Titles can be shown off to other FRLG+ players in link battles.
    • Unlockable Gym Leader rematches.
    • The RS Battle Tower has been ported, and its Level 100 mode has been changed to Open Level like in Emerald so it is more accessible.
  • Quality of Life improvements
    • Instant text option.
    • Running indoors; toggleable auto-running.
    • Other travel speedups: a faster gear for the bike, hold B to surf faster, cut trees stay cut permanently, BW Repel system, boulder puzzles stay solved permanently, etc.
    • Expanded inventory space with two new pockets to ease bag navigation. The player can hold one stack of every possible item at once.
    • Infinite TM uses.
    • EV-reducing berries ported from Emerald and made available.
    • New settings in the options menu that can skip the field transition that leads into a battle, the slide-in animation at the start of every battle, animate healthbars faster/instantly, and skip in-battle text delays.
    • Move Tutors charge after the first time they teach a move, allowing infinite tutor reuses.
    • The Move Reminder can teach moves from a Pokémon's pre-evolutions (with some caveats, see the full features document).
    • Indicators for which stats are modified by a Pokémon's nature on the summary screen.
    • Press select on the initial Pokédex screen to open the last viewed entry. No need for excessive inputs to see where the roamer went.
    • No evolution restrictions: Pokémon will evolve regardless of whether or not they're in the Kanto Dex.
    • Trade evolutions can also be evolved with a Key Item obtained during the story.
    • All Deoxys formes included; they are implemented in a way that is link compatible with vanilla games.
    • No link restrictions. Trade with the other Gen 3 games the moment the Pokédex is obtained.
    • Softlock prevention mechanisms are in place.
  • Miscellaneous
    • All Revision 1 bug fixes are included here, and other vanilla bugs, localization oversights, and tile errors that were never addressed are also fixed.
      • The Roaming IV bug has not been fixed to keep the Legendary Beasts legal.
    • The summary screen can display the met location of any Pokémon obtained in Gen 3, including Pokémon from Orre.
    • Abilities have effects in the overworld, ported from Emerald.
    • The Day Care has been made more convenient overall, and Everstone passing down natures has been ported from Emerald.

Screenshots

Version%20Toggle.gif
Battle%20Tower.png
Dive.png
Four%20Island.png

EV%20Rematches.png
Extended%20Dex.png
Battle%20Anim%20Fast.gif
Mewtwo%20Master.png

Faraway%20Island.png
Key%20System.gif
Help%20Key%20System.png
Farfetchd%20Master.gif

Nature%20Indicators.png
New%20Option.gif
Main%20Menu.png
Master%20Title.png

Latios.png
Latias.png
New%20Move%20Tutors.png
Gym%20Leader%20Rematches.png

Downloads

The current version is v1.5.0 and was released on 28 January 2024.
The best way to obtain this hack is to build it yourself, however, a BPS patch is available for download here. Apply it to a clean copy of the FireRed Squirrels ROM (or another clean dump of FireRed V1.0) that is floating around with a BPS Patcher such as this one.

This hack is best played on mGBA. VBA is an extremely outdated and inaccurate emulator, and I cannot guarantee smooth play experiences on it.

Please do not upload the patch or especially a patched ROM to third-party sites. I am explicitly not giving my permission for FRLG+ to be on sites that host patched ROMs. They are making ad revenue money off of my work, mess up my download metrics, and are generally unsafe and frequently outdated.

Cheating

This is not a binary hack, and therefore everything has been shifted. Action Replay and other similar codes will not work and should not be used.

The preferred method of cheating is through save editing. The savefiles of this hack are mostly compatible with PKHeX. If you opt to save edit, do not under any circumstances open the Items submenu. Bag data has been significantly changed and attempting to edit it with PKHeX will corrupt your save. All other functions of the save editor should be fine. If you want to edit flags or variables, a full list of each is in the repository here for flags and here for variables, respectively.

Future Plans

I consider this hack to be feature complete, though there are still several small graphical things that need to be edited. I'm releasing now because I want playtesters to report bugs and give feedback.

Issues for a Future Release
  • Alter the cable car sequence so that it travels in the correct direction.
  • Add a location preview for Artisan Cave.
Long-term Plans
  • If someone else ports the backend for the Battle Frontier to pokefirered, I will include the Battle Frontier in a future release. The backend port job is more than I'm personally willing to do for this project.
Probably-Not-Happening Plans
  • Pokémon Contests ported from Emerald. I'm interested in this but realistically no one else is going to want to port this to pokefirered. If I get bored one day I may port it and implement all the needed infrastructure (Berry Blender, support for viewing contest stats, contest moves, and ribbons in the summary screen, etc.) but nobody hold their breath for this.

Credits

So many people from pret that I couldn't possibly list them all. The big names know who they are. Thank you.
Kurausukun - For an initial Nuzlocke implementation done on pokeemerald that I based mine off of.
The Accurate FireRed Overworld Sprite Resource - Some of the OW sprites that I edited.
This thread and this thread for some OW sprites that I edited.
ghoulslash - For the Dive implementation, as well as several quality of life improvements originally done on pokeemerald that I ported.
Josh/ShinyDragonHunter - Emerald hero OW sprites used in the link rooms.
Lunos - A few improvements originally done on pokeemerald that I ported, including letting the player only buy TMs once and LGPE-styled Premier Balls.
Revo - His pokeemerald Instant Text implementation that I ported.
SBird (I think) - Turning TM/HMs into a bitfield in pokeemerald that I ported.
Hiroshi Sotomura - For submitting a bugfix PR that got merged.

Last edited:
Great ideia love the hack so for i have only one question in the future do you plan to add all pokemon ?

No, I don't plan to add all the Pokemon. I want to encourage trading to get the missing mons (that's why there are no trade restrictions and you can trade with RSE/Colo/XD the moment you get the Pokedex). Additionally, it would be impossible to generate them so that they're legal in Gen 3, as many are predictably only catchable in the wild in Hoenn locations and I'm not adding Hoenn to this hack. The Pokemon that I've added use some trickery to make them legal without the player realizing (the Safari Zone expansion Pokemon are taken from Emerald's Safari Zone and have Emerald set as their metGame, for example). Part of the original FRLG experience was linking up and trading for missing mons and I went through great pains to keep everything legal and compatible, so I want to keep the incentive to link.

I added the Extended Dex mode and made the National Dex unobtainable without trading specifically for people that feel a completionist drive (like me) and can't deal with blanks in their Pokedex. Every Pokemon in the Extended Dex is obtainable in one playthrough without trading, and 246 is way more available Pokemon than any other individual Gen 3 game (and might actually be more than are available in DP without trading, but I haven't counted). Outside of the Battle and Trainer Towers (which don't register Pokemon you see there as seen in your Pokedex) you will never see a Pokemon in-game that you yourself cannot catch.

If you can't trade for some reason but want an unobtainable mon, I would suggest using PKHeX to give it to yourself.

Last edited:

TooSkilled

ROM Hacker/Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 15, 2021
I played this in Challenge mode & Nuzlocke mode and I really enjoyed it! (until I wiped to Erika's gym but whatever it's still good I'm just gonna have to try again)

I love how faithful it is to the original FireRed/LeafGreen and that whole generation. I was also really enjoying the Challenge mode, it's great to play FRLG with a little extra difficulty. There's so many little quality of life improvements throughout that playing the game just feels better on this version. Any chance of a key for Leafgreen+Firered mode, where both version exclusives are available at once? I was also wondering if it's possible to evolve Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon. I know it wasn't really possible in FRLG but I think it'd be a neat addition.

I played this in Challenge mode & Nuzlocke mode and I really enjoyed it! (until I wiped to Erika's gym but whatever it's still good I'm just gonna have to try again)

I love how faithful it is to the original FireRed/LeafGreen and that whole generation. I was also really enjoying the Challenge mode, it's great to play FRLG with a little extra difficulty. There's so many little quality of life improvements throughout that playing the game just feels better on this version. Any chance of a key for Leafgreen+Firered mode, where both version exclusives are available at once? I was also wondering if it's possible to evolve Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon. I know it wasn't really possible in FRLG but I think it'd be a neat addition.

I'm glad you've been enjoying it! I tried very hard to stay faithful, keep the general feel, and not step on canon too much while at the same time trying not to compromise my vision. I'm glad it actually feels faithful to other people too.

In regards to combining the version exclusives... I considered coding in a "version" that, after selecting an encounter slot, would give a 50/50 shot of pulling that slot from the FR or LG tables, but decided against it due to other things that rely on version (titlescreen, Game Corner slots, Game Corner prizes, in-game trades, and some other stuff). I didn't want to make a "third version" and then have to make non-canon adjustments to those things to make the prospect of a combined version feel consistent. I also felt like having to toggle between them is actually a boon in Nuzlocke during my numerous Nuzlocke + Challenge Mode playtests, as you have some limited control over your encounters. Is the root question about being inconvenienced by having to switch or is it about not knowing while playing what version exclusives are where in what version? If it's the latter, I may address it by giving the player more information in-game in a future release. During my playtests I had the benefit of Bulbapedia to check to make sure I was gaming the version switching for my Nuzlocke runs.

In regards to Eevee, the full features document in the repo is good reading if you're really getting into playing. It includes a line about Eevee. Eevee evolves into Espeon by happiness outdoors and Umbreon by happiness indoors. If you want to max out your happiness quickly, you might consider grabbing a party of Meowth for Pickup and mass slaughtering wilds on Route 1 to proc it efficiently. The Pickup table has been altered to house the EV-reducing berries and they raise happiness by quite a lot when given to a Pokemon. Definitely check through that document if you're planning on doing another run, because I didn't list absolutely everything in the OP of this thread for brevity. There may be some things listed in there that you didn't even know you could do!

Thanks for playing and please keep the feedback coming.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Ahh, well. That sucks. I grew up playing non pss, and now that it's there, it's a must have for me. Just makes stuff soooooo much better.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I'm really enjoying this hack! It has been extremely fun playing a revitalized version of my favorite installment in the series, and be able to complete the Pokedex in one file. A few questions though:

1. Is Hidden Power (TM10) still available via Pickup? Besides this instance, are there any non-Berry item/TM changes in the overworld?
2. Are items like Choice Band and Scope Lens available earlier than the Battle Tower?
3. Is there a location list for new Johto/Hoenn additions?

One suggestion I would make is to import the Emerald exclusive Move Tutors into this game. Whether it is implemented via paid tutors during the main story or a BP tutor in the Battle Tower, I think it would really add to the experience and make replayability increase greatly, while also being canon/legal for transfer purposes. Low-power moves from Emerald Tutors such as Fury Cutter and Rollout would improve many of the less than spectacular Kanto Pokemon in the main storyline, without changing the game too drastically.

Other suggestions would be to move TM36 Sludge Bomb to the main storyline, as many Poison-types lack a decent STAB move in the game, and to move the Swords Dance tutor to at least early Sevii (7 Badges in) for team optimization in challenge mode. I feel like these would improve the game without being too broken, especially since Sludge Bomb is available after the 5th gym in RSE. I would also think that moving the breeding Daycare to the main game would not be too drastic of a change as well, but that one is more understandable as to why it wouldn't be implemented. Overall, this is a great hack, and I can't wait to complete the Extended Dex. Great Job!!!

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying this hack! It has been extremely fun playing a revitalized version of my favorite installment in the series, and be able to complete the Pokedex in one file. A few questions though:

1. Is Hidden Power (TM10) still available via Pickup? Besides this instance, are there any non-Berry item/TM changes in the overworld?
2. Are items like Choice Band and Scope Lens available earlier than the Battle Tower?
3. Is there a location list for new Johto/Hoenn additions?

One suggestion I would make is to import the Emerald exclusive Move Tutors into this game. Whether it is implemented via paid tutors during the main story or a BP tutor in the Battle Tower, I think it would really add to the experience and make replayability increase greatly, while also being canon/legal for transfer purposes. Low-power moves from Emerald Tutors such as Fury Cutter and Rollout would improve many of the less than spectacular Kanto Pokemon in the main storyline, without changing the game too drastically.

Other suggestions would be to move TM36 Sludge Bomb to the main storyline, as many Poison-types lack a decent STAB move in the game, and to move the Swords Dance tutor to at least early Sevii (7 Badges in) for team optimization in challenge mode. I feel like these would improve the game without being too broken, especially since Sludge Bomb is available after the 5th gym in RSE. I would also think that moving the breeding Daycare to the main game would not be too drastic of a change as well, but that one is more understandable as to why it wouldn't be implemented. Overall, this is a great hack, and I can't wait to complete the Extended Dex. Great Job!!!

I'm glad you're having fun!

1. Hidden Power is not available via Pickup because TMs are infinite now. Instead, it can be purchased alongside the other TMs in the Celadon Department Store.
2. No, the Battle Tower is the only place they are obtainable.
3. The new Hoenn mons only consist of Latias and Latios on Southern Island. Wynaut, Azurill, and Deoxys were in vanilla FRLG. Girafarig and the Johto Pokemon made available in Emerald's Safari Zone expansion are in Kanto's postgame Safari Zone expansion. Chinchou is in underwater Bond Bridge. Smeargle is in Artisan Cave. Sudowoodo is at the Battle Tower. Corsola is available through an optional sidequest in the postgame Sevii Islands that was also there in vanilla, but the reward has been changed. Espeon and Umbreon evolve from Eevee by happiness outdoors and indoors, respectively. I thiiiiiiink that's all of them.

I considered putting in Emerald's move tutors, but didn't want to step on a potential Battle Frontier implementation by including them. The Battle Frontier will already be missing some BP rewards because of the lack of Secret Bases. I definitely see your point, though. I'll take a look at the list of Emerald tutors and maybe move some off of the Battle Frontier and into the main game, that way if the Battle Frontier ever happens at least there will be some tutorable moves still there. There are also move tutors exclusive to Pokemon XD that I was thinking about including, so maybe some of those moves would help out as well. EDIT: I just realized that there are Emerald-exclusive tutor moves that were not in the Frontier. I'll port those at the very least. Thanks for the heads up!

I don't think I'm going to move the Swords Dance tutor, but I too noticed Sludge Bomb's absence while playtesting and it was pretty painful for certain mons. I'll see if there's a lategame TM that's not useful that it can be swapped with.

I also feel like moving the Four Island Day Care is too much of a deviation from vanilla to consider.

I appreciate the feedback!

---

Additionally, I have been informed through Discord that I have screwed up the placement of one of the Master Trainers. There are two Rhydon Masters out in the world, which makes the final Master Trainer boss fight and title unobtainable. I'll have a patch out shortly to fix this and potentially make some other adjustments.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2021
Hi,im new here,and my english not so good,so i hope u can understand well,hehe,my question is..do you utilizes the Complete FireRed Upgrade engine and Dynamic Pokemon Expansion in this rom?

And some suggestions :

1 - can you make all npcs name with no-all capslock?(sorry i dont know what it is called)

2 - battle Prof Oak after elite four

3 - battle Brendan from Emerald after elite four (crossed-region battle)

4 - make rocket leader Giovanni much stronger,as he is main villain in the game

Thanks mate.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Aye, a familiar face in the hacking scene makes an all out return, I see! I absolutely enjoyed playing Pokémon Orchid when I was a kid, like a whole decade ago. I'll most definitely be trying this out soon as the features make it seem like the most definitive Kanto experience. Is it p[ossibel to add a "Gotta catch em' all mode?" where all Pokémon from gen 1-3 appear in fixed areas?

Hi,im new here,and my english not so good,so i hope u can understand well,hehe,my question is..do you utilizes the Complete FireRed Upgrade engine and Dynamic Pokemon Expansion in this rom?

And some suggestions :

1 - can you make all npcs name with no-all capslock?(sorry i dont know what it is called)

2 - battle Prof Oak after elite four

3 - battle Brendan from Emerald after elite four (crossed-region battle)

4 - make rocket leader Giovanni much stronger,as he is main villain in the game

Thanks mate.

Hi there! This is a decomp hack and not a binary hack, so I don't use any of those binary patches. This hack does not update the battle mechanics or expand the Pokemon past Deoxys.

1. I'm not going to change the case of stuff to not be all capitals, as I want to preserve the Gen 3 flavor.
2 and 3. There is a secret superboss available after beating all the Master Trainers that is meant to be a similar fight to what these would be. A Brenden/May fight specifically will not be implemented. Link up to RSE if you want to fight them!
4. Giovanni is stronger in Challenge Mode, but I don't want to make him a superboss or anything. I'm trying not to interfere too badly with the Gen 3 feel so I think he's fine where he is.

Thanks for your post.

Aye, a familiar face in the hacking scene makes an all out return, I see! I absolutely enjoyed playing Pokémon Orchid when I was a kid, like a whole decade ago. I'll most definitely be trying this out soon as the features make it seem like the most definitive Kanto experience. Is it p[ossibel to add a "Gotta catch em' all mode?" where all Pokémon from gen 1-3 appear in fixed areas?

While there are 246 Pokemon available in one playthrough in this hack, there will not be any way to catch more Pokemon than that as I explain in this post. Also, I'm surprised that anyone remembers Orchid! Feels like a lifetime ago.

Last edited:
This patch is now out of date, see this post for the newest one.

I have uploaded a new patch with bugfixes and changes based on feedback I've received here and through other channels. The link in the first post has been updated, but you can also grab it from here: https://github.com/Deokishisu/FRLG-Plus/releases/tag/v1.1.0

Save files from the initial release are still compatible. Make sure you save normally (as in, through the start menu option) before updating. Your emulator savestates from the previous version will likely not work after the update.

This release fixes a critical bug with the Master Trainers, adds more Move Tutors, and makes other adjustments.

• The Rhydon Master on Route 18 has been replaced with the Rhyhorn Master, as intended. All Master Trainers should now be available.

• Eight more Move Tutors have been scattered throughout the game world and work like the other standard Move Tutors in that they will charge after the first use. The locations are as follows:
  • Fury Cutter - Vermilion City
  • Rollout - Route 24
  • Swagger - Route 10
  • Dynamic Punch - Saffron City
  • Sleep Talk - Silph Co.
  • Nightmare - Silph Co.
  • Self-Destruct - Cinnabar Island
  • Sky Attack - Mt. Ember
The ones in Saffron and Silph Co. will not appear until Team Rocket has been driven from the city.

• Erika's Victreebel now knows Sludge instead of Sludge Bomb.

• TM36 Sludge Bomb and TM41 Torment have swapped locations. TM36 is now found in Silph Co. while TM41 is now in the Rocket Warehouse on Five Island. If you've already picked up TM41 from Silph Co., TM36 should spawn in its place so you won't miss it.

• The Help System now lists the version-exclusive Pokémon when summoned from the Key System Menu. Additionally, fixed an issue where the Help System couldn't always be summoned with the L Button while in the Key System Menu.

• Fixed a tile error on Bond Bridge and a vanilla tile error on Route 14.

• Fixed a missing word in the AuroraTicket giveaway text.

Last edited:
This patch is now out of date, see this post for the newest one.

I have uploaded a new patch that fixes a gamebreaking bug regarding Master Trainers. Please update to this version as soon as possible to prevent issues with your save. The link in the first post has been updated, but you can also grab it from here: https://github.com/Deokishisu/FRLG-Plus/releases/tag/v1.1.1

This release fixes a critical bug with how the Master Trainers set their flags.

• Master Trainers should no longer be setting regular trainer flags when beaten. Anyone who has beaten the Ekans Master on an older version will be locked out of the superboss fight that is unlocked after beating all the Master Trainers. This can be fixed by opening the savefile in PKHeX, going to the SAV tab, opening the Event Flags window, switching to the Research tab, typing 1303 into the Flag field and unchecking the box. Then save on the Event Flag Editor window, hit File, Export Save, and then save your file. Use that new file as your save going forward. If anyone's save file is suffering from this bug and is unable to do this to fix it, please let me know.

• Unnerfed Challenge Mode Erika a bit. Victreebel now knows Sludge Bomb again, as it could never learn Sludge. Its IVs and nature have been manipulated to bring its attacking stats down to be equal to Erika's Vileplume. This is more in line with the nerf in power that I originally intended.

• Brock no longer tells the player that TMs are single use and instead infers that they're infinite.

• When Nuzlocke Mode is on, Repels now will not prevent encounters on maps where the first encounter has not yet occurred. Repels can no longer be used in this way to cheese the first encounter in places like the Power Plant or Seafoam Islands to guarantee that the first encounter in those areas are legendaries. Due to this change, the Repel Trick can also no longer be used to game first encounters in Nuzlocke Mode.

Last edited:

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Is it possible to add something like an IV Perfecter and/or Hidden Power changer since gen 3 breeding mechanics isn't that really good with the lack of destiny knot and so on. Although I could use a save editor for that but I want it to feel more "legit" i guess.

Is it possible to add something like an IV Perfecter and/or Hidden Power changer since gen 3 breeding mechanics isn't that really good with the lack of destiny knot and so on. Although I could use a save editor for that but I want it to feel more "legit" i guess.

There is an IV Calculation option in the Key System menu that will calculate your Pokemon's stats as if IVs were perfect or zero. This doesn't change your Pokemon's actual IVs, but for the purposes of in-game play you wouldn't have to worry about them. Their Hidden Power will still be derived from their actual IVs, however. This option doesn't affect stats in the Battle Tower or while linking, though.

When it comes to actually changing the IVs (and the resulting Hidden Power that is derived from them), no, there are no plans to do that. This hack is meant to be played alongside the other Gen 3 games and I don't want to supplant them by making it easier to acquire perfect Pokemon. That is part of the reason why breeding mechanics were ported from Emerald with no changes as opposed to making Everstone work 100% of the time to pass on nature, or add in Destiny Knot's effect, etc.

A save editor is your best bet for changing actual IVs if that's what you want to do. Just don't modify the bag at all with the save editor or your save will be corrupted.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
I'm playing on v1.1 and I've just got to Erika (challenge mode Nuzlocke) and I noticed you've said you un-nerferd her but wow,
Spoiler:
is it supposed to be so unforgiving? I was expecting level cap to be increased a little compared to a vanilla run but not that much!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Sweet! Been waiting for a FireRed hack like this for a long time, so I'll be sure to give it a try and report whatever oddities I might find.

Back