• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Project Destiny

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Pokémon: Project Destiny

Storyline
Many trainers set out on their journey with the goal of defeating the Elite Four in mind. Most end up failing, but there are a select few trainers who succeed. But what happens to these potential trainers who've managed to overcome their regions challenges and become a champion? Where do they go next to test their skills? No other place but the faraway region, Verla.

Not only is the region home to some of the worlds strongest trainers, but it's also the home to some of the biggest selection of Pokémon thanks to the regions extensive enviroments and habitats. But the main reason to why so many trainers decide to journey to Verla is for the World Championship Battle Tournament. A newly opened tournament inviting trainers from all across the world to take part of their regional challenges for a chance to participate.

This is where your quest starts. The challenges are about to begin and this is your perfect opportunity to prove yourself that you're stronger than the rest.

This is your journey, and your destiny.

Spoiler:

Features
  • A new region filled with exciting new maps and scripts.
  • Each area has something that you can unlock later on in the game. This adds replayability to them
  • Gym Leaders are now replaced with Judges. Each Judge has a specific challenge for you to complete and will evaluate your progress. Are you able to pass them all?
  • The game will be significantly harder. I'm very into competitive Pokémon and have always wanted a somewhat difficult Pokémon journey. (It will not be difficult to the point a casual player can't play, but no ploughing straight through the content.)
  • Since Verla is a region filled with strong trainers, you will encounter many familiar faces from previous Pokémon games.
  • The ability to face off against the protagonists from the Pokémon Adventures manga. (teaser image)
  • A well written story with a twist.
  • Side quests and story arcs to present you to each individual character and to familiarize you with them.
  • Ability to take on missions which bring you around the world to different regions like Kanto, Johto and so on.
  • All 649 (Might consider 721 later on) Pokémon with fully working sprites and edited movesets to compensate for the lack of moves.
  • All of those Pokémon will be obtainable in one way or another. I will try to do this in a non-cluttered matter as much as possible.
  • Rare encounteable Pokémon in each and every single area. Tall grass, surfing, fishing all have a 5% chance of you encoutering a special Pokémon.
  • Some new moves and abilities from the modern generations are added and functional.
  • Nurses and Doctors from BW2 are being added as an alternative way for you to heal your Pokémon mid-journey.
  • At the same time the repel system from BW2 will also be added as a quality of life change.
  • ..and more to come!

Screenshots (Slightly outdated)
UTtcb3V.png
dJtwRVk.png
Yfeu1yO.png

wG2dT7o.png
SvMBlVn.png
YuGpJhK.png

chUMiAo.png
pJ27OYF.png
y2UiPR7.png

kt6tb1T.png
OfkqYTo.png
Z7JrBkX.png

Progress
  • Sature Town - 100%
  • Route 1 - 100%
  • Research Facility 1 - 100%
  • Vervelon Forest - 100%
  • Route 2 - 50%
  • Unnamed City - 0%

Want to help?
We are currently looking for three things:
  • Someone willing to teach me how to insert high quality music and somebody who's willing to teach me ASM. (Personally, not through tutorials.)
  • Someone who can make a nice looking CSS for this thread.
If you happen to be able to do any of the above and want to help, send me a PM or VM.

How to contribute: Trainer Application (Closed for now)
Are you interested in contributing to the hack but have no hacking experience? Fear not! Fill in the application below and I will try my best to include you as an encounterable trainer in the game. Maybe you're lucky and I'll pick you as someone important? (Note: I will not add legendaries to your party and neither will I add you if I deem you to be too strong. So please be sure to fill it in appropriately.)

Spoiler:

Credits

Last edited:

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
The title's unique, the story's unique, and I don't see any evil gang members trying to take over the world with zubats or thinking of some irrational plot (yes I'm looking at you Maxie and Archie). I think this hack is gonna be a hit.. (or not b/c i think most people are looking for graphics right now)
Good Luck with this, I really want to play this when this comes out.. :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024
Woah, well, I'm definitely excited to see this for myself! I'm also glad the casual players will have a chance, since I never understood the whole IV/EV stuff. XD Regardless, I can wait to be able to play some of this!

darkrai1381

Where I am
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 6, 2022
Definitely can't wait for this. the story is simple but interesting to me.Goodluck:)

Sensual

This should be good.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Send me the details on how you want the CSS to look and I'll do that for you when I get the time :)

Good luck with this!

Xela

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
The title's unique, the story's unique, and I don't see any evil gang members trying to take over the world with zubats or thinking of some irrational plot (yes I'm looking at you Maxie and Archie). I think this hack is gonna be a hit.. (or not b/c i think most people are looking for graphics right now)
Good Luck with this, I really want to play this when this comes out.. :D

I originally had plans on updating the graphics but it took too much effort and time off of my hands and I never really got any progress going. I'll be updating it later on when I find time for it.

Woah, well, I'm definitely excited to see this for myself! I'm also glad the casual players will have a chance, since I never understood the whole IV/EV stuff. XD Regardless, I can wait to be able to play some of this!

Thanks! And yeah, initially I wanted this game to be pretty hard, but at the same time I didn't want to make it so the casual people couldn't enjoy it.

Definitely can't wait for this. the story is simple but interesting to me.Goodluck:)

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Add the 6th gen Pokemon too. I hope that this will be completed.

We'll see. Currently there's so much lacking in terms of moves, abilities and evolution methods that makes it less likely for me to add the 6th generation. Maybe later on when I've got those things figured out.

Send me the details on how you want the CSS to look and I'll do that for you when I get the time :)

Good luck with this!

Sent you a PM!

Small update: I didn't mention this in my main post but the majority of the newly added Pokémon hasn't been updated yet. I used most of my day today to continue on this and I'm nearly done with the 4th gen editions. Other than that I've mainly mapped out and scripted the majority of the forest that you'll enter after Route 1.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Ooh, I like the idea of a World Championship! Looks like you've got a really nice idea going for you here.
I'm especially looking forward to seeing how you add the Pokemon Adventures characters in.

Xela

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Well nyc idea..but if u want to make this memorable ! Add new tilesets and new player

The player will be replaced when I've got the sprites in order. I will add and replace tiles later on when I feel like it's necessary, but at the moment it's not.

Ooh, I like the idea of a World Championship! Looks like you've got a really nice idea going for you here.
I'm especially looking forward to seeing how you add the Pokemon Adventures characters in.

Thanks! I appreciate the support. My main idea of how to cooperate them into the storyline is bringing them in slowly through story arcs where you, as the protagonist, work along them aiming at a specific goal and let the game slowly cycle you through all of the characters.

Update: I unfortunately have some really bad news regarding Project Destiny. I managed to finish up the forest but because of silly issues, experiments and forgetting to keep proper backup, I'm forced into having to restart the hack, so I'll be using most of my next few days trying to fix it up and get it to a workable state. Sorry guys.

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
This looks like a swanky hack so far, can't wait to see more of it.

(Just a quick question, are Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Rivals ect already thought of or can people make requests to be named/have teams chosen for specific people?)

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Spoiler:

I've been hearing about your awesome progress in the IRC.
Keep up the good work, Alex.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Alex, I see you've worked hard on this. I'm not really a fan of the natural mapping, but I'm sure you can make it work!
Good luck, look forward to playing the beta.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
I like this project, the features look good and it looks like you know what you're doing?
Are you going to change the tiles? If no, not a big deal since I don't have a problem with FR tiles, just curious.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I like the unique plot here, i look foward to playing this when i get a chance.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 27, 2014
I was going to name my game pokemon destiny with a diff story line. I'll just think of a new one :3.
Anyways I like the Idea of this game good luck!

Xela

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
This looks like a swanky hack so far, can't wait to see more of it.

(Just a quick question, are Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Rivals ect already thought of or can people make requests to be named/have teams chosen for specific people?)

The themes and people for the majority of the high-standard members are already thought out, but feel free to suggest names and Pokémon. I will edit the main post later on with an application form where they can insert their own trainer into the hack if they wish.

Spoiler:

I've been hearing about your awesome progress in the IRC.
Keep up the good work, Alex.

Yeah, the world map looks excellent!

Alex, I see you've worked hard on this. I'm not really a fan of the natural mapping, but I'm sure you can make it work!
Good luck, look forward to playing the beta.

I like the unique plot here, i look foward to playing this when i get a chance.

I was going to name my game pokemon destiny with a diff story line. I'll just think of a new one :3.
Anyways I like the Idea of this game good luck!

Thanks guys! I'm glad you love the world map. My friend drew it and even I have to say it's pretty amazing.

I like this project, the features look good and it looks like you know what you're doing?
Are you going to change the tiles? If no, not a big deal since I don't have a problem with FR tiles, just curious.

I've answered this already. Yes, eventually I will change the tiles. Right now? No, there's no need and it's unnecessary. I will only be inserting tiles that are required.
[a id]update[/a id]
Update
So we're finally back at a workable state with good progress. Everything in the game has been revamped. This includes the maps, the scripts and the dialogue. I've also changed which starter Pokémon you can choose from, I will go more in-depth of what I've done later in this post.

The only things that remain now is scripting Vervelon Forest, Route 2, the next city and creating an appropriate theme for the Judge. After all that is done, I'll consider making an alpha for testing if people are interested enough. Here is a couple of preview pictures of the forest:

8johvmX.png
El00CqO.png

I've also thought about two new "features" that will hopefully make this hack a lot more enjoyable.

Rare encounterable Pokémon: Every area in the game that has wild encounters will have around a 5% chance for you to encounter special and rare Pokémon. The goal of this feature is to add purpose to running around in the wild grass (Surfing and fishing included) and expanding the possible choices you will have for your team as you progress through the region. There will be hints in the game for what Pokémon are in each route so make sure you follow the dialogue carefully.

Replayability: What I'm planning to do is make it so that each and every area in the game, including cities, will give you a reason to come back. This includes hidden Pokéballs, completely new areas that you didn't have access to before, services like an unlockable daycare centre and special offers like exclusive herbal medicine. The goal of this is to add replayability value to the game and reward you for exploring the maps and environments.

Starter Pokémon choices
So this is a pretty big topic because it's a big overhaul from the original choices I chose. Now the following Pokémon are the starters that you can choose from: Machop, Sandile and Ralts.

You might ask me why I changed it? Simply because I like more exotic choices. This trio of Pokémon also creates a type effectiveness triangle similar to the traditional one.
  • Fighting is effective against Dark but weak against Psychic
  • Dark is effective against Psychic but weak against Fighting
  • Psychic is effective against Fighting while Dark is completely immune

The second reasoning for why I changed it was because all of the Pokémon was taken from the 5th generation. I felt like the player would enjoy a more varied choice so I decided to switch out Timburr with Machop and Solosis with Ralts and made them wild encounters instead.

But what I'd like to discuss about is the balancing of these Pokémon. They're all very different to what they originally are supposed to be so I've made changes to their base stats, movesets and evolution pathing. I will put them in a spoiler tag below and you can give me your suggestion on how I can change them to make them more balanced with each other (I believe the strongest one at the moment is Sandile). I will possibly retune Gardevoir's later moves to go more inline with the other two in terms of level and add more late-game to Machamp and possibly increase his diversity. We'll see how it turns out.

Machop evolution line (Machop [lv. 16] > Machoke [lv. 36] > Machamp):
Spoiler:

Sandile evolution line (Sandile [lv. 16] > Krokorok [lv. 36] > Krookodile):
Spoiler:

Ralts evolution line (Ralts [lv. 16] > Kirlia [lv. 32] > Gardevoir):
Spoiler:

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I don't really agree with Ralts as a starter choice. First off, it's part Fairy type. Fairy resists Dark, and Dark is weak to Fairy. This means that Ralts would have an advantage over both Machop and Sandile, while Sandile would have a type advantage over nothing. Secondly, Kirlia has two evolutions, namely Gardevoir and Gallade. Machoke and Krokorok can only evolve in Machamp and Krookodile respectively.

That's why I'd like to suggest that you bring back Solosis as the Psychic starter. If this conflicts with Sandile, you should make Larvitar the Dark starter, re-type Larvitar and Pupitar into Rock/Dark types, alter their stats and movepools to fit in with the other starters, and give Tyranitar something like Intimidate or Battle Armor instead of Sand Stream.

Back