• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

pkmin3033

Y'know, something we really need more of is good new IP. It feels like the majority of AAA games that are released these days are either remasters or sequels. There always HAS to be more and quite often it's having more of it that makes it stale and boring...too much of a good thing, etc.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
The main menu theme for LEGO DC Supervillains being "The Joker And The Thief" by Wolfmother is such a stroke of genius.

TY

I never would have thought to absolutely become addicted to Rainbow 6 Siege oof

at this point I play more shooters than strategy games now

Years
I tried R6: Seige and it was too tactical for my small brain. I stick with Overwatch :P

Which Pokemon game should I pick up? I've got White, Ultra Sun, Omega Ruby and Crystal but I'm itching for something else.

Years
You could always go for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon if you a) haven't played it yet and b) are itching for more of a spinoff game.

Ooh I hadn't even considered that, thank you!

Are there any in the Mystery Dungeon series that you'd recommend? I know (or think) that there are a few titles, which would be the best for someone who hasn't played one?

Years
Ooh I hadn't even considered that, thank you!

Are there any in the Mystery Dungeon series that you'd recommend? I know (or think) that there are a few titles, which would be the best for someone who hasn't played one?

No prob. ^_^

The most praised in the whole series is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. It's for a lot of reasons that I feel like are better understood once you actually play through the game and experience a lot of the more emotional moments.

Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is another game I'd recommend too! It isn't quite as good as Sky, but it's still arguably the second best out there so it's still really good.

TY

I tried R6: Seige and it was too tactical for my small brain. I stick with Overwatch :P

I played a ton of CS:GO before, which also isn't as tactical as R6S, but it might just be that i can adapt to any game that I don't find it too tactical at all.

After all my role in both games is just "go kill" that may explain it all.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I dislike games that tell you that you can't play as a certain character just because someone else in the game is playing as them too. Overwatch, R6: Siege, Black Ops 4, etc.

TY

thats why you always find other friends to play it with and never go in solo

because solo queuing in MP games like R6S and CS:GO is aids

pkmin3033

This is what character reskins are for! Zero effort, maximum profit.

...or so they tell me. I hate PvP so I generally have no problem playing with whatever I want. xD

TY

no pls no reskins i dont want to face 5 of the same at once rrrrrr

pkmin3033

Facing the exact same character over and over is basically competitive multiplayer in a nutshell, though. Outside of that rare individual who comes out of nowhere with a "low tier" character and beats all of the "top tier" elitists to hell and back with them, turning the artificial meta on its head and plunging the world into chaos.

TY

Depends on the game I'd say. I haven't really noticed that in R6S just yet, since almost everyone is viable in some way or another (EXCEPT YOU TACHANKA)

Years
Facing the exact same character over and over is basically competitive multiplayer in a nutshell, though. Outside of that rare individual who comes out of nowhere with a "low tier" character and beats all of the "top tier" elitists to hell and back with them, turning the artificial meta on its head and plunging the world into chaos.

Mostly yes, however a lot more factors change and therefore skew the meta as is, meaning what was top tier could shift downwards and the like. There are also games where it's not quite as clear cut when it comes to tiers; Super Smash Bros Melee and MvC3 come to mind. As much as there are better characters in both games, there have beena lot of pros winning with lesser-known characters/teams and the like.

Shoutout to my boi AXE and his Pikachu...god bless.

Back