• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you think of a "All in one" Pokémon game?

All games combined

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
This maybe should be posted here? forumdisplay.php?f=156 Not sure.

I just thought, would you guys like if there was a pokémon combined with all other games?

That you fly from this place to that place (or walk/bike), the game would be huge (exploring + map)

and the elite 4 would be only level 100 and you can only complete the elite 4 when you finished ALL gyms (160 gyms all games total!)

Would you like that kind of game or not?

Cheers
Alu

Years
I've heard worse ideas ahahah. I think Lv 100 E4 would just be ridiculous though. Maybe EV-trained Lv 80 would be better. With competitive battling strategies. That would be dope.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Many people dislike this idea, however I think it'll be fun, I'll never get sick of training Pokemon and having different teams over a long period of traveling haha! ... However I think the Elite Four/Champion battles should be set out like in 'Wi-Fi' or battle subway/tent, etc. Only difference is that items may be used. You enter at 'open level' (50+).

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I think, if the idea was well fleshed out by GF, it would be an absolutely amazing game. The concept itself is just glorious in and in of it's self. I would enjoy it so much. But I think it would have to be the GameFreak/Pokémon generational finale for the Turn-Based RPG Pokémon games.

I voted yes, as I would love to see it happen. Having all the regions connected would be amazing. Not to mention the longevity of the game would be absolutely epic.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
It's a good idea on paper, but in actuality it would be terrible and extremely difficult to execute. The level gaps in between the gym leaders would have to accommodate such a large number of gym leaders that they would either be very tiny and start a lot sooner (One leader peaks at level 7, the next at level 9, etc.) or they would hit level 100 way before you reached the Elite Four if they used the normal level gap system.

I remember a thread about this a while ago and one of the core ideas behind it was that after you beat one region, you'd start over in another so that the game doesn't get easy. The problem with that is it'd take the "all-in-one" out of the game since you'd be trapped in one region at a time at the very least until you got Fly each time. Hell, I'd go as far as to say that this approach would be nothing more than a cheap reselling of multiple games in one. There'd be nothing actually tying it together. You'd start in a region, beat the Elite Four, have your Pokemon locked, go to another region, and do it all over again just like you're playing six individual games instead of one large one.

What could fix the majority of the issues that an all-in-one game presents is a raise in the level cap - like, a huge raise on scale with Disgaea. Level 500, at least. The problem with THAT is how Pokemon have been designed from the very beginning to scale with a level cap of 100. Raising the cap would mean changing when moves are learned and when they evolve, but it would be really boring if you had to wait until level 30 for Bulbasaur to learn Leech Seed and level 200 for it to evolve. And it wouldn't be like Disgaea where you can power level easily to reach such a high cap; The only reason why the cap exists is to make sure that the player can experience all of the content without maxing out too early. That means the experience would be, at best, the pre-BW system.

tl;dr Too much content, leveling wouldn't be able to keep up, not a good idea

Years
I think the game will be very extensive, but for me thats very very cool, because that mean a lot of gameplay hours XD.

But instead of fighting with the elite four in the finals, i think that would be great tournaments in each region like in the anime, where exists 15 more trainers with pokes semi - random and fight in a elimination rules.

And to avoid the problem of the levels, could be established that in the first walk you can only use pokemons of that region, and in the new region change them, and put in the box the other. And make the levels of your oponents in the first round low for a more quick advace based on strategy more than just power.

And once you complete all the leagues, a final great tournament of 32 players, but that players could be champions of the leagues in games or rivals of Ash (imagine a tournament in the game where you can fight with Gary, Ritchie, Tyson, Paul, everyone with 6 pokemons chosen random between 12 for more challenge.

And once you have complete the game in that part, two options:

New Game +: where you began with all your pokemons, but level 1, and almost all your items, and some new items for your victory, and the posibility to use them in each region again.

Continue +: Where you can began with all your pokemons with actual levels.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
A game that comprised all the regions - that should be a Pokémon MMORPG, imo. With actual tournaments and not just gym leaders.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I have mixed feelings about someone actually creating Pokémon mega-game that included all five developed regions. On one hand, I've always wanted to have the same character able to travel and explore the whole Pokémon world (the way Ash does on TV). On the other hand, SoulSilver has taught me that even two regions can be difficult to manage--especially when the player can't use "real-world" public transportation without beating the Elite Four and earning key items. Three more regions' worth of league victories and item quests? That would become either too easy or too hard, depending on the mega-game's pacing.

I would also miss the older, regional alternatives to gym battling: somehow, the world loses local color when Sinnoh can't have Contests alongside the Pokéathlon in Johto, or the musicals in Unova. Yes, that range of possibilities would be a nightmare to code into a single game; but ideally, a whole-world setting should highlight local differences to keep players interested.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2013
I think the only way a game like this would work if they increased the level cap to 200 or made Pokemon level up much slower.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I feel that a game like this would overstay its welcome. Having so many gyms could likely sacrifice other elements that make the world what it is. To me, the additional stuff really help to create the world, and being so heavily gym-based would dilute the flavorful atmosphere of the pokémon world. At least, it feels that way to me right now.

Years
I've seen threads like this in the past, but I have to say the idea of a game consisting of all regions would just be too much. I mean, imagine the leveling system, you'd probably already be Level 100 by the time you arrive in a new region, and also if this were on a handheld it would be too much memory to even fit, so it'd have to suit a console. Also, I'd only see games like this if Pokemon was ending for good, but sadly that seems unlikely as well especially given that Pokemon is the second-biggest selling game franchise behind the Mario series.

I hate to say this, but I'm all against this idea because it would ruin the purpose of new generations altogether.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
I can see how it could go wrong. But GF know better! Imagine having 60 badges to gather! And being able to catch ALL the pokemon.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I can see how it could go wrong. But GF know better! Imagine having 60 badges to gather! And being able to catch ALL the pokemon.

Talk about getting back to the original slogan: I wouldn't mind "Gotta catch 'em all" as the ultimate object of a five-region game. Gym badges would become mostly marks of prestige, as they are in the anime: Otherwise, with so many gyms, the player would be either over-rewarded or over-hindered along the way. (The rule for determining whether a traded Pokémon obeyed the player could depend on the average level of his "original" Pokémon--the ones he caught or bred himself.)

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
I think it would be interesting but dont know how it would really turn out in the long run. Its an interesting idea but i doubt gamefreak would try to do anything even close to that.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
that would be great, i mean who wouldn't like the idea of being able to travel to all regions in one game. but game freak will never do this. people would be reluctant to buy more pokemon games.

i think this would work better on wii. or xbox, pc, ps3 ect. that would be an amazing experience.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
This seems tempting, but I wouldn't want it because there's limited space to include all 5 regions in one cartridge.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Having every region in one game would eliminate a lot of the grinding you have to do for E4 battles.. however by the time you finish halfway in the 2nd region, (Let's say Johto) you'll probably have a team of level 100s.. so there are a few loopholes in this idea.

However silly it sounds, I would love it. You would have to be a PETA-loving, Pokemon-hating, anti-fanboy freak to hate this idea.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
It'd be interesting, especially if you completed every Pokémon League too! Although the level curve'd be awful...you'd end up with trainers at level 100, suddenly Red wouldn't be the strongest any more, and I'm not sure I'd be ok with that :/

Unless you did like Ash, starting over. Although then your Pikachu-equivalent would still have the issue of being like hyper-levelled.
I try not to be a pessimist, but a 4+ regions game I just can't see happening.

I would however like another one with more than one region - Hoenn and Sinnoh would be an interesting concept, being complete opposite ends of the Pokémon World's Japan-equivalent. Particularly if Prof. Rowan / Prof. Birch gave you a starter when you moved region.

Years
The only way that I'd want to see an "ultimate" game come about is if it's a blow-off finale to the series, and with the way things are going, it may be a very long time before that happens.

That being said, the technology isn't quite there yet to fit all of that on to a single handheld cartridge, and I don't think a console game would end up reaching quite the audience that they'd hope it would. And making an MMORPG based on all of the regions might be an interesting idea too, but again, it really wouldn't feel quite the same way as if we had it all on a cartridge, and I'd bet there would be too many potential risks for Game Freak to want to pour a whole bunch of money into something of a grand scale like that.

Overall, I like the idea behind an all-in-one game, but there are too many factors that would need to be considered to make the game work, and it might very well be impossible to hit the right balance.

Back