• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today my longest shiny drought ended. At 6,155 random encounters I found a shiny Kecleon on route 6 in X. It is the 5% for the route. I believe it's my third 5% shiny after Dratini and Starly in Y but the first for X.

I do already have it so will come back another time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yesterday my longest horde hunt ended, at 3,162 hordes shiny Vanillite #5 appeared.

I'm hunting for Smoochum, my previous record for horde hunting was 2,776 hordes for a Weepinbell.

Today I found a 4th shiny Klefki in friend safari at 1,551 encounters looking for a Metang.

My masuda method for Nidoran is at 2300 eggs, I started fossil resetting for Kabuto as well. And I'm random encounter hunting for Weedle in Santalune Forest.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Mar 20, 2018
Ah I'm so excited! After a really long drought that included: horde hunting for Spinda for St. Patrick's Day, horde hunting for Slugma/Grimer, SRing for Charmander, and Dexnaving for Ponyta, I FINALLY got a shiny Weedle! I was full odds hunting in SS to continue my shiny playthrough. Now I have Weedle (Soon to bee Beedrill) and Totodile and I'm so happy ^.^ I'm going to continue my hunts for Charmander and for Ponyta, along with my next shiny for my playthrough.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Randomly decided to grab my SP and boot-up LeafGreen before getting out of bed this morning. I was planning to have 100 encounters before getting up and was pleased to find this in under 50:

2spc6TJ.jpg

Shiny Furret is the cutest, so I chucked my Master Ball to be safe (as my SP has a nasty habit of randomly shutting-off sometimes). I named her Uno because Sentret was the first Pokémon I ever caught back when I started playing in '01, but I'm thinking about changing it to Noa.

I just finished EV-training her (sadly not finding any additional Shinies in the process). Now I'm thinking about restarting HeartGold or SoulSilver and transferring her to follow me around.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I have had an exceptionally lucky couple of hours Shiny Hunting.

Whilst levelling up Sylvan my Shiny Sylveon with Cute Charm I ran into Emerald the Shiny Female Pelipper in Poni Grove. She has an Impish Nature and completely random Shinys are always nice.

Levelled up I headed off to Wela Volcano Park and after 123 SOS Calls with Shiny Charm I found:

Risky the Shiny Female Salandit- My reaction was:

Wild Salandit appears. It has a White Body.
'Is that a Female...It is. It is.'

I KOed the non Shiny, switched to Lilligant to put the Shiny to sleep. Threw a Timer Ball (Which goes well with Shiny Salazzle) and caught.

Risky has a Mild Nature with perfect IVs in Attack, Special Attack, Speed and Special Defence and the Corrosion ability. So it will be a Salazzle that hits very hard but cannot take a hit whatsoever. Very fitting considering her 'Somewhat Vain' characteristic.

Very pleased to get this very nice Shiny on the first try. Even with the Cute Charm the chance of a Male Shiny Salandit is high.

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hello everyone and Congrats on new shinies.
Sorry for the long hiatus, but I still hunt from time to time.
So here is my update

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I'm planning to use him for my adventure in Omega Ruby.

Well, that's it for now, see you around and happy hunting.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
On March 24th I found a shiny Metang in 672 fs encounters. Will evolve to Metagross.

On April 4th I started a fish chain for Shellder #2 but got a 15th Skrelp at 88.
I also got Vanillite #6 in 301 hordes that day.

On the 6th I found a second shiny Venomoth in fs in 326 encounters. Then I had my first ever back to back shiny when Seviper appeared one encounter later. Seviper was the target.

Today I found my first shiny Sawk in fs looking for Hariyama. I have 6 shiny Throh's lol. It was 183. Then I found Hariyama 35 encounters later.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2018
Hi, I am relatively new to shiny hunting (I started last year December), and I would like to join the club.
My current shinies are: Golem, Umbreon, Gallade, Koffing, Torchic, Treecko, Spiritomb, Ponyta, Slugma, Dwebble, Hariyama and the less valued red Gyarados.
Currently, I am trying to hunt a shiny Croagunk.

Years
Recently got all 3 regis in only 2 days of hunting. It's amazing since they're my favorite trio of any pokemon games, since I started out in Emerald. Currently going for Heatran in Ultra Sun then Groudon. After that who knows.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
My new shinies, all friend safari

April 8th I found Bergmite #3 in 71 encounters.
9th I found shiny Snorunt #2 in 421 encounters. Plan to evolve
10th I found shiny Teddiursa #3 in 31 encounters, then #4 in 65
12th I found shiny Eevee #3 in 1,024 encounters
Then shiny Eevee #4 in 58 encounters
On the 16th I found shiny Eevee #5 in 499 encounters
And shiny Braixen in 325, it's the only starter I don't have available in Friend Safari, need one more for Delphox.

The 5th shiny Eevee was female, the first shiny Eevee to be female.

After checking online I plan to evolve the Rash Eevee to Vaporeon, Timid Eevee to Jolteon, Lax Eevee to Umbreon and the female Eevee who is Lonely to Flareon.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
It's been a while since I've posted in this thread, and I've had a busy year so far with the shinies. So far, I've gotten the following:

Omega Ruby: Raikou, Cresselia, Regice, Slakoth, Regirock, Registeel, Oddish, Doduo, Regigigas, Poochyena (x2), Seedot, Zigzagoon (x2), Shuppet, Unown, Wurmple (x3), Whismur, Ralts (x4), Gothita, Cobalion, Sandshrew (x2), Chatot, Swablu, Spinda, Skarmory, Mesprit, Spheal, Numel (x2), Uxie, Maractus, Zebstrika, Forretress, Kricketune, Dwebble, Donphan, Purugly, Sunkern, Tangela, Entei, Nincada, Slugma, Koffing (x2), Reshiram, Minun, Magnemite, Pikachu, Azelf, Larvesta, Darmanitan, Terrakion, Zorua, Sewaddle (x3), Virizion, Xatu, Heatran

Moon: Sentret, Spinarak, Zubat (x2), Grubbin (x2), Mareep, Yungoos, Stufful, Caterpie (x3), Hoppip, Salandit (female), Alolan Rattata, Venonat, Growlithe, Inkay, Hawlucha, Pikipek, Slowpoke, Combee (x5 - 4 male, 1 female)

Ultra Moon: Nihilego, Celesteela, Stakataka, Kyogre, Poipole, Rayquaza, Lugia, Palkia, Thundurus, Latias, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Rockruff (Own Tempo), Popplio, Lillipup, Alolan Diglett

Crystal: Tyrogue (from odd egg)

And a whole bunch of random wormhole shinies.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
Here is a shiny I got in my copy of Sapphire for my SBQ. Three shinys in
49cbuhrhpit01.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 16, 2018
Hey everyone!

I?m new posting here and new to shiny hunting in general. I have been seeming to have some trouble in ORAS. I started a new game and decided to start shiny hunting before the first gym (I?m playing through at the same time as someone who is completely new to Pok?mon so I want to stay with them so I am killing time by shiny hunting). I am using the dexnav and I found a shiny Zigzagoon on my 100th encounter, so I figured it wouldn?t take too long to get another. I?m currently hunting Whismur and am nearing 900 encounters and am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if anyone has some insight into something that could make this make a little more sense.

Thanks and I hope to post on this forum in the future with the shinies I eventually get!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Shiny odds for Dexnav without shiny charm is 1/512. I?ve done over 100 dexnav hunts without shiny charm. Most appear before 512. I?ve had 3 go over 1,000.

I usually start each hunt with a search level of 1, I heard a search level of 999 makes odds lower. I don?t know if thats true. One of my early shinies, Heracross, appeared with a search level of 7.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 16, 2018
Huh,

Would it be better for me to horde hunt in this stage of the game since I don?t have money to buy repels? I feel like horde hunting is getting me encounters faster but it has a lower chance of them being shiny right?

TheGirlThatDoesThings

Ye, y'know, things and stuff.
Years
Personally, I would just say it's whatever you feel is best for you. I never had much luck with Dexnav, so I've always used hordes for hunting. It's all up to personally preference.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
In my experience Dexnav shinies tend to appear before 1,000 encounters. And thats without the SR being 999.

And horde shinies tend to pop up before 2,000. I?ve only had 1 go past 3,000 I believe and I?ve probably found 100 shinies via hordes.

I?ve had maybe 40-50 dexnavs and horde shinies appear before 200. I don?t know the exact amount.

What they said is true, i personally believe dexnav has better odds without shiny charm then hordes. But some Pokemon are only available in hordes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 16, 2018
I just had the worst of good luck, I found a shiny Zigzagoon at the beginning of this game when training my Pok?mon via hordes. After continuing on in the game and getting to Lilycove city I just turned my game on and ran into the grass and found a shiny Linoone. Of course the first completely random shiny I find is the same as the only other shiny I have.

Back