• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Woohoo!!!! I got Shiny Ho-oH after forever of trying to get in the past!! I would say it took around 2000 SRs to get! So happy to finally have it!

It is my first pokemon I have ever SRed and my first ever shiny Legendary Pokemon I have caught without it being an event pokemon. I am beyond happy. Probably even more excited that I was with my first shiny. I almost made a fail because I jumped and almost hit the buttons to SR.

I did take a break from my previous post and spent a day finishing the Pokedex to get Shiny Charm. I got it in the Red Wormhole with maxed rings and at about 3200 Light Years.

It has a Quiet nature.

I don't currently know what my next shiny farm will be. I need to make some money and buy some pokeballs before I do it again. I will have pictures of my Shiny Pokemon soon that I have gotten in US so far.

Ironically, I got it the day after I watched Zoroark, Master of Illusion movie, which is the movie that made me really start searching for Shiny Pokemon and my first ever Shiny Pokemon which were the Crowned Beast Events from Gamestop. Other than my Shiny Ponyta which I think I got before the Crowned Beast events.

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Shinies I obtained since my last post:
- Articuno on Saturday after soft resetting for three days. I named it Blanche after the leader of Team Mystic.
- Heatran on the same day which didn't take as many soft resets as Articuno.
- Zapdos on Tuesday after soft resetting since Sunday. I named it Spark after the leader of Team Instinct.
- Noibat from SOS chaining on Tuesday.
- Bagon from SOS chaining yesterday.
- Alolan Rattata from SOS chaining shortly after.

Platigx

Delete my Account
Years
I have on Question.Can the Shiny Rotom in Platinum be Shiny even if i saw it some Days earlier.I want to see all Pokemon in my Sinnoh Dex so i can go and make late game shit but also hunt that damm Rotom. Can someone Please help.I dont find anything online.And im also still confused if you Post like this.Thank you in advance

icycatelf

Alex
Years
It took nearly a year, but it finally happened! ;w;

jLLXk3B.jpg

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
My Latest Shiny:

Shiny Calm Male Cutiefly - Found whilst EV training my Shiny Virizion. He is now a Ribombee which is a great Shiny. I am a little surprised I didn't get this Shiny already. A very nice Shiny.

Next Hunt - Kyurem

Years
I got my shiny Cresselia last night at 438 SR sadly the syncro didn't work so it is a naughty nature instead of the calm nature that I wanted. I've now started a hunt for Groudon

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys. Because I have gotten so many Shiny Pokemon, yesterday alone, from Ultra Wormholes, I decided to not post pictures of the less important pokemon. Here is Ho-oH though. It is pretty blurry because I was shaking when I got it and my camera has not been focusing very well.

Spoiler:

And here is a list of all the shiny pokemon I got yesterday. All because I was looking for a Mewtwo which never appeared....

Naughty Floatzel
Sassy Lombre
Quirky Nuzleaf
Docile Audino
Lax Heliolisk (Which is now my second Shiny Heliolisk.)

I think they were all 2 ringed wormholes between 1500 and 3500.

I am currently working on SRing Nihilego, but I don't know if I will stick to it or not. I am currently at slightly above 3500 Light Years with no rings. I can't seem to find Nihilego Wormhole with rings. Depending on if I stick to it or not, I may just stop wormholes for a bit, because 5 in a single day is like wow.... I want to SR Guzzlord and Mewtwo, but I have yet to run into either. And if I have to be 5000 Light Years, I probably will never be able to SR them with Wormholes as I can rarely get beyond 4000.

Out of my 5 shiny yesterday, Floatzel takes the top prize as it is one of my favorite Sinnoh pokemon and part of my "Ash Challenge" even though Ash never actually evolved Buizel...

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hi everyone, congrats on new shinies and also happy new year.

I've got a couple of updates regarding my hunts:

Last year:
September shiny dialga (platinum)
November shiny palkia (platinum) and shiny type: Null (sun)

This year:
Shiny Latios (omega ruby)

Searching for another hunt at the moment

Cya around and happy hunting

PD: here a little pic of latios

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I found a duplicate shiny Manectric on the 6th while looking for Emolga in 969 friend safari encounters.

Then on 7th I continued my hunt for Wooper in friend safari.

I got Diggersby #4 in 271, then Diggersby #5 in 8, then Marowak #2 in 206, then Diggersby #6 in 627. Finally today shiny Wooper appeared at 722 encounters. A total of 3,405 encounters and 8 shinies before it.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Right after my last post, I ended up leaving Nihilego and was going to start egg hunting. I ende dup trying to get a Yellow and Red Portal Shiny Pokemon that was a legendary because I hadn't yet and ended up getting a Guzzlord in a 3700 Light Year Portal with 2 rings.

It wasn't shiny, but I decided to start SRing it because it was so rare to get in portals and I had great odds or so I thought....

I am now at about 1440 or so SRs and it feelts like 10,000 with no shiny Guzzlord yet... The 15 second cutscene makes it a very very very painful hunt. So pray that I get it soon lol. I am currently stuck. I have tried to stop Sring it a few times, but wouldn't be able to forgive myself with those odds.

I think you only have a 5% chance to get a Guzzlord in Wormholes. According to Bulbapedia, I have about a 1/1200 chance with the rings, light years and shiny charm. It it wasn't for the 15 second cutscene, the hunt wouldn't be as bad.

I got a Shiny Lugia in a give away today. It seems legit and Poke Bank isn't sending out a red flag so I guess it is. But I still plan to Shiny Hunt a Lugia in Heart Gold whenever I have time to play all of Heart Gold again.

I plan to make a list tomorrow. I am gonna get all the pokemon together and see what I have and post them by generation. I will probably separate Event Shiny Pokemon from ones I have gotten myself, or at least make a note of it in the list.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Think it might be safe to say Shiny Virizion got all my soft reset Shiny luck, I'm now on 3000 resets for Kyurem with the Shiny Charm. The hunt for the Shiny with three forms continues...

Platigx

Delete my Account
Years
So i just discovered that if you saw a Rotom it coud still have different Stats so i hope it could be Shiny too.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ok so I am going to retire from the Guzzlord SR Hunt for now. I know I am probably going to kick myself in the but for losing those odds that I have, but I have to otherwise I am not going to like shining hunting. I am hoping that if I catch my first Guzzlord, it will take out the 15 second cutscene like it does with the other Ultra Beasts once you first encounter them.

So here is a list of all my current shiny pokemon.

Spoiler:

The event pokemon there are the following:
Spoiler:

With me retiring from my Guzzlord SR for now, I am now turning to my Rainbow Challenge. There are a few possible versions of this challenge. I will be going with the colors of each Hawaiian Island. If you want to join me or do your own, here is my version.

In Hawaii, there are 8 main islands, on in which have a color. Alola follows this, but since there are more islands in Hawaii, I am going with that instead.

Yellow, Pink, Purple, Red, Green, Orange, Grey and White.

I am also going to add Blue to the mix because Blue is one of the colors in a rainbow. I will also add Cyan so that the Warm and Cool colors balance each other out. You could also add Black.

Note: Instead of Cyan, you could also do Indigo or Violet. But since I usually pair Pink and Cyan together, I am going with Cyan.

The goal is to find 1 Shiny Pokemon for every color, It can be any tint of said color. It just has to be of the color listed. If you want to, you can make it a bit harder the choose and make the pokemon have to be fully or mainly that color.

This is my list currently. I will only include my most recent captures if I choose. So the only one I will include is Floatzel.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
Hello! I would also like to join this club. :)

Recently I have breeding pokemon for a competitive team and last pokemon I was breeding for was goomy. I wanted to get a shiny one, so just kept hatching goomy after goomy after goomy. And finally I got this beauty.
nBxesO8.jpg

Perfectly battle viable shiny goomy! It is modest, all of its stats except attack are perfect and it has ability Sap Sipper. Didn't think I could get this lucky. :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
After nearly 3000 soft resets I decided to take a break from soft resetting for Kyurem.

The next day whilst looking for more wormhole shinys I found:

Esme the Shiny Serious Altaria - Caught in an Ultra Ball in a wormhole of around 2600 light years. I really like the gold here. This is my third catch of the Altaria line, all from different games (A Swablu in a X horde, A random encounter Swablu (Now an Altaria) in Alpha Sapphire in this one. Surprisingly all have neutral natures. Altaria is a great Shiny so I don't mind catching duplicates. :)

Whilst looking for Cresselia yesterday I found in a wormhole of around 5300 light years:

Fortune the Shiny Naive Altaria - I was thinking to myself as the Cotton Bird's silhouette came down 'It will be funny if this was Shiny'...and it was. After two turns of False Swiping Altaria used Perish Song. I had no idea it learnt it:

Next turn throw Ultra Ball 3 shakes and out.
Turn after Ultra Ball 3 shakes and out

Last turn before the Shiny fainted due to Perish Song and as I didn't save before I couldn't soft reset. I strongly considered using my Master Ball but decided against due to already having a Shiny Altaria.

The strongest ball I had other than the Master Ball was an Ultra Ball. Three Shakes and In. Probably the most nervous I've been catching a Shiny since finding a Shiny Ralts in Alpha Sapphire which I DID Masterball as I was worried it had Teleport. (It didn't)

The speed boosting nature of this Altaria is near ideal for Battle Tree even though the Special Defence drop is not ideal. I am pleased I managed to catch it though. :)Let's see what this Golden Bird which will be Mega Evolved can do.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
My Blue pokemon will be Braviary!

I just got Shiny Rufflet in a S.O.S. after about 8 calls. It is a Lonely Rufflet. I have really wanted a Shiny Braviary for so long since it is one of my favorite pokemon. I have tried to MM it in the past, but I just wasn't having any luck. So I am so glad I was able to SOS a Shiny Rufflet in.

My current Egg Hunt is for Amaura. If I can get a shiny of it will take the place of my white shiny in my own Rainbow challenge.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
On my Birthday the 14th I found a shiny Swablu in 1,006 hordes. I evolved it to Altaria.

Today I continued my random encounter hunt for Azurill and found my second shiny on the route, a Litleo. It's female but will stay a Litleo. It appeared at 4,661 encounters.

The next time I do this hunt I will likely do the repel trick on Y version. But not until after I hatch a shiny Nidoran. That will cut out 4 of the 8 Pokemon including Litleo, Bunnelby, Psyduck and Bidoof. And will leave Azurill, Riolu, Farfetch'd and Dunsparce.

Here's a chart of my random encounter shiny hunting full odds so far
Spoiler:

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Shiny Chikorita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pink_boogie: ^^ :pink_boogie: ^^ :pink_boogie: ^^ :pink_boogie:

WOOT WOOT!!! {XD}

I'm on the board for 2018! I was duel-resetting, with Snivy on White 2 and the Johto starters on HG to continue (actually, more like start upon, "lol!") the Path of the Dragon in my personal Quest to get Rayquaza, the greatest shiny of all time (!!!), and I found a shiny Chikorita on Johto starter #5167! I really love Johto and everything about it and I especially love the Johto starters, so I'm thrilled about this!!! Since the resets go by so quickly (*sticks tongue out at IcyIce and his Guzzlord times* :pink_tongue: ), I'm hoping to get three of each; this is my third shiny Chikorita, so now I have the complete set! I have two Totodile too, so I just need one more Toto and three Cyndaquil, and then I think I'll SR for a shiny Chikorita to play through the game with, because what could be more fun than running around Johto with a totally radical pink Chikorita!? {XD}

I tried to be the first shiny hunter ever to find a shiny under the Atlantic Ocean, so I hunted while going through the Chunnel from France to England (and back!), but someone else is going to have to earn the glory of being the first shiny hunter to find a shiny under the ocean, haha! :pink_laugh: This is my first shiny caught outside of the US, though, so even though it says in the picture that I caught it on January 14th, I actually caught it on January 15th at 2:50AM, but I just haven't changed my DS clock, "lol!"

Regarding the pictures, I'm not able to send pictures from my potato outside of the USA, so I had to use my Belgian phone and its abysmal camera quality. I apologize for this terrible rendition of my shiny, but this was the only apparatus available to take the picture, so I'm afraid we're left with this unbearably calamitous image quality. I'm putting the pictures in spoilers so you can shield your eyes, and I apologize again for posting such low-quality images - I just wanted to show some proof that I really did find the shiny. ~_~

Spoiler:

Since I found Aayla at 2:50AM, I figured I'd go to bed and post in the SHC the next day. I was pretty busy, though, so I waited to post until today. But last night I woke up in the middle of the night, and I figured I'd do some shunting for a few minutes before going back to bed...

OMG SHINY Totodile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this is amazing!!! :laugh: I legit was super surprised, "lol!" I hadn't even posted about Chikorita yet, and Totodile shines already!! It came on Johto starter #33 - yup, you read that right!! Johto starter number thirty-three!! For real!!! Hahahahaha this is by far my shortest hunt ever!!! I once found a shiny Beldum in only 30 eggs and a Magnemite in two, but I wasn't really hunting for those, "lol." This was a full, complete shiny hunt, and it only took 33 Johto starters seen! :pink_laugh: What a day! {XD}

This one came at 5:53AM, "lol!" Two shinies in 51 hours isn't a bad way to start the year's successful hunts! :pink_smile:

I really love LilyGardy's reaction captures, so I'm going to try dropping one myself:

*normal Chikorita appears*
*rotates to normal Cyndaquil*
*rotates to shiny Totodile*
*rotates to normal Chikorita*
G-Money: Wait a minute...
*rotates back to shiny Totodile*
*gasps*
G-Money: This can't...
*looks at calculator*
*looks back at Totodile*
*looks back at calculator, still showing 30 Johto starters*
*looks back at Totodile, who is still shiny*
G-Money: OMG SHINY Totodile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have three Chikos and three Totos! Two full sets of awesome Johto starters!! *dances again* Now just to get those three Cyndaquil, and Johto, here I come! :laugh:

I went with a Star Wars theme and named both of them after Jedi - Aayla for Chikorita and Nahdar for Totodile. Nahdar's Adamant and Highly Curious, which is totally perfect for him, haha! :) And I'm really glad that this Chikorita was a female, since I always think of Chikorita as being a female Pokémon, even though they're 7/8ths male, "lol!"

Spoiler:

I apologize for the image quality once more.

PSEUDO-EDIT: When looking over this post before posting, I realize I can't leave such disgusting horror and terror in your minds from these images. To cleanse your eyes, here are some Potato Classics, and hopefully these memories of fantastic image quality and top-notch camera skills will make you forget about the grotesque monstrosities I've just posted:

Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back