• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    I played it back when you released this hack a few years ago. I recommended this hack to one of my friends in 2017. I can't believe this is going to be completed. I informed him as soon as I read Chaos Rush's post. Very excited for it !

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I will try to add some finishing touches (as well as redoing Route 23, Elite Four, and Champion music) to this before uploading a "final" version, but I'm pressed for time right now. But for now, please be patient :)

I would like the final version to represent exactly what my vision for this was from 2012-2014, flaws and all. But I'm wondering if maybe I should go against some aspects of that vision, particularly lowering the level curve, and changing the Pokemon evolution levels back to what they are in the official games. What do you guys think?

As for stuff like Fairy-type, Mega Evolution, etc., those will NEVER be added to this game. This hack's development started in 2012, which predates XY, and many aspects of it date back to even 2010, and stuff like Fairy-type and Mega Evolution didn't exist then, and I would like the final version to resemble what it would have been had it been completed in 2014.

EDIT: Also if anyone's beaten the Elite Four, can someone send me a save file for testing purposes? Thanks lol
    I'm so excited that you decided to finish this amazing hack. I personally think it's okay if you don't change anything you have done before including the level curve, I love everything you have done for this masterpiece. Actually, I wanted to give you my save file, but I updated the unofficial patch for several times and my save file is no longer safe. I'm so sorry that I can't help you. Anyway, I'm so happy that this hack will get a real final version.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    If you are still looking for a save file post elite four I can send it over later today :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2022
    Okay, so I leveled my Bellsprout up to Level 21 and they didn't evolve. Has their evolution level been changed?

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2018
    Thank you for all your hard work and the time you've put into this - your in-game dialogs are great, and make the game really enjoyable and immersive. Great job at rebooting the storyline.
    Is there anywhere I can put something into a tip jar so that you can get a coffee or pizza? This is truly an amazing hack.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2018
    Please Help Me.How to Get Lugia,Hoho,Celebi,Deoxys(All Forms) and Mew Also How to get the other starters?,Plss Help Me Freinds.

1)You can get Mew at Faraway Island. After beat Champion go to Battle Zone and find Mr.Briney's house, he'll give you a OriginTicket to get to Faraway Island.
    2)You can get Deoxys(only 1 form) at Brith Island after beat Champion, just talk to sailor and you will get there.
    3)This ROM hack doesn't have Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, only 210 Pokemon
    4)Go to Battle Zone then Red/Green will give you starter you not chose, go to all Pok?Center at Battle Zone to find Blue, he will give you starter too.

Sorry, my bad English.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Say, can someone please tell me how Azurill evolves? I'm pretty sure I'm at max happiness. I caught a shiny one and it would a shame to not use it. X'3

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    1)You can get Mew at Faraway Island. After beat Champion go to Battle Zone and find Mr.Briney's house, he'll give you a OriginTicket to get to Faraway Island.
    2)You can get Deoxys(only 1 form) at Brith Island after beat Champion, just talk to sailor and you will get there.
    3)This ROM hack doesn't have Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, only 210 Pokemon
    4)Go to Battle Zone then Red/Green will give you starter you not chose, go to all Pok?Center at Battle Zone to find Blue, he will give you starter too.

Sorry, my bad English.

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2018
    How to Find Eevee and evolve them?
    any place to train?i am at celedeon city

Eevee is the egg you receive from a oldwoman at undergroud path.
    Eevee --Sun Shard------> Espeon
    Eevee --Moon Shard-----> Umbreon
    Eevee --Moss Shard-----> Leafeon
    Eevee --Ice Shard------> Glaceon

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    The final version of Pok?mon DarkViolet has been added to the first. Special thanks to hacksrepairman for finishing this hack originally, as well as MrDollSteak for his Seafoam Islands contribution (and many, many other contributions to this hack during its original 2012-2014 development).

These are the changes since hackrepairman's last unofficial version:
    * lots of tile error fixes in Battle Zone in order to keep it visually consistent with the rest of the game
    * door animations in Battle Zone areas and Cinnabar Island have been added
    * wild Pok?mon selection in Seafoam Islands, Pok?mon Mansion, Cerulean Cave, Route 23, and Victory Road have been modified based on what my ideas were for them back in 2014
    * Elite Four battle music has been reverted back to the Gym Leader battle music (sorry hacksrepairman, but I didn't like the quality of the remix and there was no percussion at all)
    * Champion battle music has been reverted back to the vanilla FRLG Champion battle music (sorry hacksrepairman, but the remix had some corrupted instruments and the music went "beeep" a lot so I had to revert it)

I am not proud of this hack, I am rather ashamed of it, but I know that it has a lot of fans that wanted to see it finished, so I hope you all enjoy it. Please note that this *final version does not represent my exact vision for it during 2012-2014, although it is pretty close.

I don't plan on working on this hack anymore. It is fully playable and finished, and it is something I want to put behind me. If someone wants to use it to make their own mods to it (such as lower difficulty patch, Fairy-types, Mega Evolutions, etc.), feel free to do so.

*There might be one or two more updates just to fix bugs, maybe update some music, etc. But for now this is the "final" version

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2018
    Omg amazing! Thank you Chaos, hacksrepairman and Dollysteak! You dont know how much we loved this. Chaos i have a question if its possible to convert the latest version here as a mediafire download? I cant seem to download it by dropbox, i hope im not the only one having the issue

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Does this completed version has reduced level curve that you mentioned some time ago?

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Does this completed version has reduced level curve that you mentioned some time ago?
    It does not. I decided not to because it?s not what I would have done in 2014. Yes the level curve is too high and unbalanced but I also wanted to release this as it would have been in 2014. Also, I didn?t want to spend more time ?polishing a turd?.

Something I WOULD like to do though is to add some more battle music for certain story battles, but Sappy doesn?t seem to like compiling music on Windows 10 (I was on Windows 7 when DarkViolet was in development). I wanted to get those in for the final version but I wasn?t able to.

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • credit to you for coming out and putting in the finishing touches of the hack. To be fair this is probably in most peoples minds a top 10 or top 5 rom hack, so don't be ashamed of it. but its totally up to you whether you like it or not. thanks for creating a good rom hack and doing one last update. all pokemon darkviolet fans applaud you for doing the final touches and bug fixes.

Back