• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
  • 1* Seafoam Islands wasn't going to use the FRLG tileset, at some point before cancellation I actually made a tileset for it that looked like the HGSS one but in RSE style (like the rest of the maps). Shame I don't have it anymore though :(

Hey hacksrepairman, I've finished the Seafoam Islands Tilesets and Maps. Attached are the screenshots.

One thing I noticed, is that by copying the layout from HGSS, the ice puzzles are unsolvable I think this could be solved by putting in strength rocks onto the ice in the same pattern, and/or copying the sliding Iceblocks from HGSS and putting them in. Might also be nice to put in the Skiers / Snowboarders on the second floor for similar reasons.

EDIT: I've made a patch that adds the Tileset / Updated maps. No other information is changed in the rom so this patch shouldn't affect anything negatively, for any players feel free to patch this on in the meantime, but be advised it may prevent you from getting Articuno (due to the puzzles issue I mentioned before). Otherwise I'm sure hacksrepairman will use this and fix said problem when updating the build.

Attachments

• Seafoam Islands Floor 1.png
      Seafoam Islands Floor 1.png
      38.1 KB · Views: 52
    • Seafoam Islands Floor 2.png
      Seafoam Islands Floor 2.png
      39.9 KB · Views: 39
    • Seafoam Islands Floor 3.png
      Seafoam Islands Floor 3.png
      40.9 KB · Views: 39
    • Seafoam Islands Floor 4.png
      Seafoam Islands Floor 4.png
      33.4 KB · Views: 42
    • Seafoam Islands Tile Patch.ips
      22.7 KB · Views: 9
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2018
    First of all i made it to this hack because of a video and really i m amazed how was made.. The difficulty is very nice something that some of the old games didnt show at all.

Thanks for the time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Hey hacksrepairman, I've finished the Seafoam Islands Tilesets and Maps. Attached are the screenshots.

One thing I noticed, is that by copying the layout from HGSS, the ice puzzles are unsolvable I think this could be solved by putting in strength rocks onto the ice in the same pattern, and/or copying the sliding Iceblocks from HGSS and putting them in. Might also be nice to put in the Skiers / Snowboarders on the second floor for similar reasons.

EDIT: I've made a patch that adds the Tileset / Updated maps. No other information is changed in the rom so this patch shouldn't affect anything negatively, for any players feel free to patch this on in the meantime, but be advised it may prevent you from getting Articuno (due to the puzzles issue I mentioned before). Otherwise I'm sure hacksrepairman will use this and fix said problem when updating the build.
    Thanks so much. I checked out your work just now and the tilesets are amazing! By the way, I checked out the problem you mentioned. Actually, the changes you made did not affect the path to Articuno, what you have changed is the ice puzzle which leads to a small island where you can get an item, but I have fixed by placing some rocks around. I considered about the ideas you came up with, strength rocks puzzle is a great idea, but it's not safe for this hack. I noticed that the boulder may return to where they were if they are not in the screen. So, I simply changed the ice puzzle a bit to make it solvable. And the Skiers are not really needed, because they don't affect the puzzle at all.

P. S: I discovered one problem. Your patch broke one tile of the gym. I don't know what caused that, but since I'm not sure if there is any other glitches which caused by using the patch, I'll keep the old download link and make a new link for the updated patch:

Old Patch--Here is the older patch in which the new tileset of Seafoam Island does not exist:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/amupizq0o4es8w8/dark-violet-continued-b2.1.ips/file

New Patch--Here is the new patch in which we have MrDollSteak's amazing tileset for Seafoam Island(The ice puzzle on Seafoam Island should be safe):
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/3uudve16pioaq08/dark-violet-continued-b2.1-New.ips

Warning: I can't say this one is really safe, but I have no time to test the whole game again, so do make sure to tell me if you have discovered any new glitches which didn't exist in the previous patch.

Years
  • Thanks so much. I checked out your work just now and the tilesets are amazing! By the way, I checked out the problem you mentioned. Actually, the changes you made did not affect the path to Articuno, what you have changed is the ice puzzle which leads to a small island where you can get an item, but I have fixed by placing some rocks around. I considered about the ideas you came up with, strength rocks puzzle is a great idea, but it's not safe for this hack. I noticed that the boulder may return to where they were if they are not in the screen. So, I simply changed the ice puzzle a bit to make it solvable. And the Skiers are not really needed, because they don't affect the puzzle at all.

P. S: I discovered one problem. Your patch broke one tile of the gym. I don't know what caused that, but since I'm not sure if there is any other glitches which caused by using the patch, I'll keep the old download link and make a new link for the updated patch:

Old Patch--Here is the older patch in which the new tileset of Seafoam Island does not exist:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/amupizq0o4es8w8/dark-violet-continued-b2.1.ips/file

New Patch--Here is the new patch in which we have MrDollSteak's amazing tileset for Seafoam Island(The ice puzzle on Seafoam Island should be safe):
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/3uudve16pioaq08/dark-violet-continued-b2.1-New.ips

Warning: I can't say this one is really safe, but I have no time to test the whole game again, so do make sure to tell me if you have discovered any new glitches which didn't exist in the previous patch.

dude,
    i have a question for you, do you still have plans on fixing other rom hacks? or rather abandon rom hacks?

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    Is the bugs/glitches listed in the OP is fixed? and I want to know if the fixed version is complete, meaning the whole region is ready to explore and beat the game lol? pls reply xD

Years
  • Yeah, hacksrepairman fixed version is completed, and with post game events too.. about the bugs, not sure if there are still any

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    Thank you hacksrepairman for revive this hack.

I come to cinnabar island and found no bug until now.
    Btw, I think you should improve the Cinnabar Market because it say "Unique items found nowhere else !".

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    hacksrepairman, maybe it would be better to make separate tread for continued hack. With new first post which would actually show how game now, and maybe with reaploaded evolution and movepool guide so will be no need to search for your patches in thread?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2018
    If someone made it to the battle zone and use town map will see it green. Someone got this too?

Last edited:
    Years
  • As a person that plans on making an in depth review out of this rom hack, thank you for bringing it back. It's amazing to see the community come together and finish something, worthy of being called "a diamond in the rough". The fact that Mr.Doll Steak is back too to help you is amazing too! I hope down the line, giradialkia or anybody else is willing to create the extra music pieces. They really were on another level, in terms of originality and being able to convey the story and personality of the character it represented. Either way, from a guy that loved this hack from day one, thank you very much.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I will try to add some finishing touches (as well as redoing Route 23, Elite Four, and Champion music) to this before uploading a "final" version, but I'm pressed for time right now. But for now, please be patient :)

I would like the final version to represent exactly what my vision for this was from 2012-2014, flaws and all. But I'm wondering if maybe I should go against some aspects of that vision, particularly lowering the level curve, and changing the Pokemon evolution levels back to what they are in the official games. What do you guys think?

As for stuff like Fairy-type, Mega Evolution, etc., those will NEVER be added to this game. This hack's development started in 2012, which predates XY, and many aspects of it date back to even 2010, and stuff like Fairy-type and Mega Evolution didn't exist then, and I would like the final version to resemble what it would have been had it been completed in 2014.

EDIT: Also if anyone's beaten the Elite Four, can someone send me a save file for testing purposes? Thanks lol

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I'd be fine to see what you have in mind with a re-balanced level curve once more.

Because that was kind of a silly bit of level curving going on in there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2019
    I would like the final version to represent exactly what my vision for this was from 2012-2014, flaws and all. But I'm wondering if maybe I should go against some aspects of that vision, particularly lowering the level curve, and changing the Pokemon evolution levels back to what they are in the official games. What do you guys think?
    Personally i don't have any problem with the level, but i'm a fan of original pokemon stat and etc so i'd like to see that. btw it's great to see you back to complete the your hack

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Imo it would be nice to have at least the Fairy type added for variety and making more pokemon useful, but that's just me.

Looking forward to trying this hack out one day when the final version gets released, good luck with the rest of the project dude.

Diablo361

Trainer of the Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    Glad to see this being completed. It was one of my favorite hacks, edginess and all. If you want, I can review some of the script to make it a bit more concise.

Additionally, I found a bug-Flash Cannon seems to freeze the game now.

Years
  • I would support lowering the level curve myself, but that is me. I honestly wish every hack creator would release a lower level curve release and a difficulty one for the ones who love hard games.

Years
  • I will try to add some finishing touches (as well as redoing Route 23, Elite Four, and Champion music) to this before uploading a "final" version, but I'm pressed for time right now. But for now, please be patient :)

As for stuff like Fairy-type, Mega Evolution, etc., those will NEVER be added to this game. This hack's development started in 2012, which predates XY, and many aspects of it date back to even 2010, and stuff like Fairy-type and Mega Evolution didn't exist then, and I would like the final version to resemble what it would have been had it been completed in 2014.

EDIT: Also if anyone's beaten the Elite Four, can someone send me a save file for testing purposes? Thanks lol

Glad to see you back to finish the job bro. Crazy how I stumbled upon this hack's OST earlier on this year and wondered how cool it'd be to finally be finished. Looks like it's now finally happening haha

Fully support your plan of keeping fairy types and mega evolutions of the game. Imo, this is the same timeline that existed during the gen 3-5 era where Groudon and Kyogre never went primal, mega evolutions and fairies were never discovered etc. Zinnia referred to such a thing herself after all.

I don't think changing the level curve is necessary really. Yeah this game may give some serious challenges, but imo that's the charm of rom hacks. To give challenges which the official games can't. But yeah, your call man. I do hope to finish the hack in a couple of days, so I'll be sure to pass it along to you when I'm done. :]

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2019
    I'm SO GLAD you're finishing this hack, ChaosRush.

Frankly, it's the best Pokemon Hack I've played, and well-rounded regarding features, story changes, coding and script. I'd been following it for some years, and played it through some time ago, but glad it's getting more content.

Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2018
    Excuse me guys i need help with the next thing in game.

1. Where i can find the item leftovers? ( the normally that snorlax have in this games)

Back