• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Alfheim Online Challenge REVIVED

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2019
    PC Username: on154288
    In-game Name: Mira
    Race determined by quiz: Spriggan
    Game: Pokemon White 2

This challenge look kind of interesting.
    I would like Undine more though *I know I can choose what I want but the ruin the challenge*

Last edited:

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
    Years
  • I don't think there should be any alteration cause the salamander one seems like one of the more easier challenges so trying to not over level and keeping an eye on the leveling would be the sort of challenging factor to this one. So it would give a more easy challenge a factor that you have to work around by trying to meet the criteria while still trying to not over level.

Alright, that's pretty much what I was thinking as well. It'll be really interesting to see how that goes towards the end game

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Platinum Update 3

Team:
    Monferno LVL 33
    Rock Smash/Feint/Flame Wheel/Taunt
    Ponyta LVL 33
    Flame Wheel/Take Down/Agility/Ember
    Kingdra LVL 33
    Surf/Agility/Waterfall/Bubblebeam
    Houndoom LVL 33
    Smog/Fire Fang/Bite/Odor Sleuth

Badges (4) Coal Badge, Forest Badge, Relic Badge, Cobble Badge

So got Kingdra from Soul Silver since you can't get Horsea till after the game and I thought it would be a good Pokémon for the challenge since most of the team would either be weak against Ice or Water. For Houndoom there were a few Houndours on a route so got one and evolved it. And from this I will say that this is a lot easier than the Soul Silver probably since there are more wide diversity of Pokémon and not just gen 1 and 2 pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2019
    Update 1

Current Team

Spr_5b_509.png

Kuroko | Rash Nature
    Level 14 | Unburden
    Scratch
    Frustration
    Fury Swipes
    Sand-Attack

Progression

• Get a Snivy, named Hanami.
    • Go to route 19, met a lv 4 Purrloin, caught and named Kuroko.
    • Boxed Snivy
    • Lost twice to a lv 4 Patrat from Youngster.
    • Finished Rival Battle with 2 Potions.

Aspertia Gym Battle - Cheren

Spr_B2W2_Cheren.png

Spr_5b_504.png
    Spr_5b_506.png
    • Lost 3 times to another Youngster in Gyms because he spam Leer and Tackle take 2/3 HP of Kuroko.
    • Admit Kuroko didn't like me after so many lose so I teach her "Frustration"
    • Final reach Cheren. Lucky this time, Furry Swipe got 4 hits so I don't have to deal with 3 Work up Patrat. And Lillipup can be deal with 2 Sand-Attacks.
    • Earning Basic Badge and TM Work Up

Badges (1):
    50px-Basic_Badge.png

For the first time, in a long time, I lost to a Youngster. Not once, not twices, 5th times. Purrloin has really low defense so 2 Leer already enough to 2-shot her. Currently, I can't get any pokemon cacn learn "Confusion"-type so I have solo with Kuroko for awhilte. Leveling in White 2 is still helldish as I remember... ugh...
    And the youngster in the gym, I used 3 Sand-Attack and all of his Attack hit... ugh...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2019
    Update 2

Current Team

Spr_5b_509.png

Kuroko | Rash Nature
    Level 18 | Unburden
    Thief
    Pursuit
    Torment
    Sand-Attack

Progression

• Got to route 20. Train in those dark grass a bit
    • Got to Virbank City. Went to Virbank Complex to train and find those worker for TM Rock Smash
    • Found TM Thief

Virbank Gym Battle - Roxie

Spr_B2W2_Roxie.png

Spr_5b_109.png
    Spr_5b_544.png
    • Koffing is easy. Just need to use Sand-Attack 2 times and all of it move are tankable so I can setup for Whirlipede after Koffing.
    • Used X-Accuracy and Dire Hit, prepare for Whirlipede
    • Lucky that able to put 2 Sand-Attack on Whirlipede before it used Venoshock which took 1/2 of Kuroko (53 => 24 in single hit, no poision applied)
    • Used 6 Potions but finally win the battle.
    • Earned Toxic Badge and TM Venoshock

Badges (2):
    50px-Basic_Badge.png
    50px-Toxic_Badge.png

Things quite smothly this time. Even though I still can't over-leveled my Purrloin because all Wild Pokemon around only level 10.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2019
    Update 3

Current Team

Spr_5b_510.png

Kuroko | Rash Nature
    Level 25 | Unburden
    Cut
    Pursuit
    Fake Out
    Sand-Attack

Spr_5b_551.png

Ken | Naive Nature
    Level 22 | Intimidate
    Bite
    Sand-Attack
    Torment
    Assurance

Progression

• Visited Pokemon Studio. Made 5 movies and got 30 Lemonades.
    • Met and fought team Plasma before leave Virbank City.
    • Got on a ship and went to Castelia City.
    • Got a bike, found all 3 clowns, get a Rare Candy. And got Exp.Share during the hunt.
    • Went to Route 4 and caught a Sandile, nicknamed Ken
    • Train both Kuroko and Ken at Route 4
    • Back to Castelia City and challenge Gym.

Castelia Gym Battle - Burgh

Spr_B2W2_Burgh.png

Spr_5b_541.png
    Spr_5b_557.png
    Spr_5b_542.png
    • Struggle a bit with the gym trainer because of Bug Bite
    • Both of my Pokemon have Sand-Attack so just use Sand-Attack 2-3 times then everything would be fine
    • A lot of missed Struggle Bug. Specially Leavanny, she got 5 times Sand-Attack.
    • Have to used 10+ Lemonades for the Gym but worth it.
    • Earned Insect Badge and TM Struggle Bug

Badges (3):
    50px-Basic_Badge.png
    50px-Toxic_Badge.png
    50px-Insect_Badge.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Platinum Update 4

Team:
    Infernape LVL 38
    Rock Smash/Close Combat/Flame Wheel/Taunt
    Ponyta LVL 36
    Flame Wheel/Take Down/Agility/Ember
    Houndoom LVL 37
    Smog/Fire Fang/Bite/Odor Sleuth
    Kingdra LVL 38
    Surf/Agility/Waterfall/BubbleBeam

Badges (5) Coal Badge, Forest Badge, Relic Badge, Cobble Badge, Fen Badge

I think the real challenge for the Salamander is not over leveling, but grinding later on in the game since you have to battle a lot to at least get over one level of the gym leader's highest level pokemon. So...it seems like an easy challenge, but since it is strict about that it is like a double edged blade. You can't over grind, but at the same time you have to grind a lot. Though...I will say the reason why Ponyta is under level in a way is cause the two closest routes had majority water types so it kept fainting from them. Didn't help that one of the routes constantly rains boosting their moves.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2019
    Yikes, this thread got active all of a sudden. Did I jumpstart it?
    UPDATE 2

Team:
    Spoiler:

Badges: 6 (Stone Badge, Knuckle Badge, Dynamo Badge, Heat Badge, Balance Badge, Feather Badge)

Raphael evolved into Golurk while fighting Norman's Gym trainers.
    Norman was fairly easy, Raphael did most of the heavy lifting.
    Caught a Ditto on Route 115.
    May's Raichu destroyed me the first time around, Morpheus and Durendal were able to take it down the second time.
    May gave me the HM for Fly, and I immediately taught it to Raphael.
    Winona gave me a bit more trouble, especially with that Gyarados, but Morpheus was able to copy her Skarmory's Stealth Rocks, to great effect.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2019
    Update 4

Current Team

Spr_5b_510.png

Kuroko | Rash Nature |
    Level 29 ♀ | Unburden
    Cut
    Pursuit
    Fake Out
    Hone Claws

Spr_5b_552.png

Ken | Naive Nature
    Level 30 ♂ | Intimidate
    Bite
    Sand-Attack
    Swagger
    Crunch

Spr_5b2_559.png

Takeo | Bashfull Nature
    Level 25 ♂ | Shed Skin
    Strength
    Payback
    Brick Break
    Swagger

Spr_5b_562.png

Sunako | Naughty Nature
    Level 25 ♀ | Mummy
    Will-O-Wisp
    Haze
    Ominous Wind
    Hex

Progression

• Go the North Castelia, met Colress.
    • Went to road .4. Colress clean up the road and went for battle.
    • Went to Desert Resort asap.
    • Caught a Yamask, nicknamed Sunako
    • Caught a Scraggy, nicknamed Taokeo.
    • Continous went North and got to Nimbasa City
    • Met Nate and had a double battle with 2 Subway Boss (and Nate carry all the way )
    • Fight all trainer at the start of route 5 and 16.
    • Trained super hard for all team member.
    • Back to Nimbasa City and challenge Gym.
    • Went to the old gym to find Elesa but end up back to the new gym.
    • Went on the Ferris Wheel with the Hiker hearing his sad story (until he said he like me... ugh... 😱)
    • Went on and challenge the REAL Nimbasa Gym

Nimbasa Gym Battle - Elesa

Spr_B2W2_Elesa.png

Spr_5b_587.png
    Spr_5b_180.png
    Spr_5b_523.png
    • Ken just solo the gym.
    • Ken evolved into Krokorok during the gym challenge.
    • Zebstrika almost kill Ken but Ken survived with 4 HP then deal the finishing blow.
    • Have to used 10+ Lemonades for the Gym but worth it.
    • Earned Bolt Badge and TM Volt Switch

Took awhile to train everyone up (and Elesa is equal my highest lv Pokemon). This is gonna be so easy for Salamander, I think.
    btw, maybe a bit late but I still can't find any pokemon that have/inflict confusion and ditto. Did I have to hack a Pokemon for it?

Badges (4):
    50px-Basic_Badge.png
    50px-Toxic_Badge.png
    50px-Insect_Badge.png
    50px-Bolt_Badge.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Platinum Update 5

Team:
    Infernape
    Ponyta
    Flame Wheel/Strength/Agility/Fire Blast
    Houndoom
    Smog/Fire Fang/Bite/Faint Attack
    Altaria
    DragonBreathe/Take Down/Safeguard/Fly
    Kingdra
    Surf/Agility/Waterfall/Hydro Pump

Badges (6) Coal Badge, Forest Badge, Relic Badge, Cobble Badge, Fen Badge, Mine Badge

MrBunny9612

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2019
    PC Username: MrBunny9612
    In-game Name: MrBunny
    Race determined by quiz/chosen: Undine
    Game: Emerald

MrBunny9612

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2019
    Team: Undine (Marshtomp), Gocknak (Wingull)
    Gym badges earned: [Stone Badge]
    I started my journey pretty much right after posting that I have started the challenge. I pick Mudkip since I need Water/Ice pokemon for my Undine challenge and named it Undine to remind myself what challenge I am doing. Then after getting pokeballs, I went to route 103 to catch myself a Wingull and named it after a speedrunner of Half Life 2 that I was watching while doing this challenge. The Wingull will help me with the HM fly requirement later once I get the HM. I didn't not catch anymore pokemon since I felt that I was good on pokemon for the first gym and I didn't not want to catch Marill. So, I battled each and every trainer I could before challenging the Rock-type Gym, I didn't need to but I was nice to see Mudkip evolve after the battle into Marshtomp. That is where I am at now.

MrBunny9612

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2019
    Gym badges earned: [Stone Badge, Knuckle Badge]
    After defeating the Rock-type Gym really fast, I continued with the story. Saved Peeko. Got onto the boat. Then once I got to Dewford and went through the cave to give the letter to Steven. After that I thought that I was fine for the gym since Gocknak learned Wing Attack, but just to be on the "safe" side I battled every trainer inside the gym. Once that was done, I healed up my two pokes and went back inside to fight the Fighting-type Gym Leader. This took me three tries because Vital Throw was two shotting both of my pokes thanks to the stats that he gained. I also decided to not use any potions in these fights since it was probably better to just get more exp instead of finishing him off fast. So, after all of that I got the badge and now head off to the next gym tomorrow.

MrBunny9612

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2019
    Gym badges earned: [Stone Badge, Knuckle Badge, Dynamo Badge]
    After getting some rest, I continued with my journey by first going to Slateport and fighting some Team Aqua members and giving the package to Captain Stern. Then battling most of the trainer to Mauville. Once May came up to fight my pokes were level 25 so I was fine, still had to go back and heal since Wingull fainted during the battle. Once that was done, defeated more trainers including one shoting Wally's Ralts. Then went into the Electric-type Gym, defeated any the trainers in there, healed my pokes for the Gym Leader, which Marshtomp's Mud Shot one shoot each poke until his last which took two ending with him having level 28. That is where I am now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Platinum Update 6

Team:
    Infernape LVL 45
    Rapidash LVL 42
    Flame Wheel/Strength/Agility/Fire Blast
    Houndoom LVL 42
    Smog/Fire Fang/Bite/Faint Attack
    Kingdra LVL 44
    Surf/Agility/Waterfall/Hydro Pump
    Altaria LVL 39
    DragonBreath/Take Down/Safeguard/Fly

Badges (7) Coal Badge, Forest Badge, Relic Badge, Cobble Badge, Fen Badge, Mine Badge, Icicle Badge

So....I have an actual plan for the elite four and champion. The rules state the first Pokémon in your team needs to be a max of 3 levels higher. From that there is a loop hole cause it never states the rest of the team. So...plan is level each Pokémon individual so they can lead to a different member. With that this challenge should be a bit easier in that sense, yet it might pose another challenge of leveling up each Pokémon to the different levels.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • PC Username : WizardOfOdd
    In-game name : Arthur
    Race : Spriggan (Quiz decided it, can't fight my fate)
    Game : Pokemon Renegade Platinum (Drayano's Hack)

Let's see if i could still like my first pokemon game fondly like my childhood does.

Edit : Dang i just read the document, this will be the worst scenario imaginable. But mwahaha Arthur would never back off from a challenge

Btw, i'm adding a clause on my challenge
    1. It's okay to have a pokemon that doesn't meet requirement (Non-HM Slave) as long as you don't you use in battle

Most of dark types here are evolution and so yeah.. Gonna have to exp share the hell out of em

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • - Well this is where the challenge starts, after accidentally killing 5 poochyenas by critical hit i finally found my partner Beth (Poochyena). Wish us luck
    - Gah, i just realized the next gym would be Roark who has high defense and the only available pokemon is poochyena, ah well i'm sure we'll make it out of this alive
    - Managed to reach jubilife, strategy used against trainers currently is to sand-attack them all to stall time, then howl as much as possible, and then bite all of 'em
    - Got an egg, i hope it's a dark/ghost pokemon or something that could evolve into them, otherwise byebye :(
    - The egg hatched.. Riolu... byebye :(
    - Well we got hidden power TM, Beth doesn't excel well at sp. attack so let's just skip that
    - Hold up, a scope lens in trainer school? This might come in handy
    - First fight against Barry, a full sweep all his pokemon flinched thanks to bite
    - There's no boulder on the ravaged path, interesting. I might go to Floaroma first to find more pokemon before fighting with Roark. Nvm, the way is blocked by galactic grunt outside the cave.
    - So many good items and TMs, it's like the first gym leader have a team fully equipped with item haha.. ha.. *Gulp*
    - Okay so, we got rock smash the same way in pokemon platinum did, the difference is that it now has the power of 60 which would help a lot against Roark, but should Beth learn it though? It's a HM afterall.
    - Whoa, whoa a lvl 10 trainer diglett using bulldoze? WTH is Roark pokemon's move, earthquake?
    - Beth Evolved Yayyy ^^
    - Steven's here and he offered me to raise his beldum, unfortunately we can't use a steel/psychic so pass i guess
    - Gah, no choice, rock smash it is
    - It's Roark time, yeayy. Let's see what he has in store for us.
    - Nosepass choose to use shock wave instead of rock type move, this might be hard
    - Gah they all dead by Mightyena's rock smash in 1-hit, except for onix and Nosepass, i hope it gets harder next time

Team at the end of the transcript
    1. Beth (Mightyena),Lvl.22
    Nature : Lonely (+Atk,-Def)
    Held Item : Scope Lens
    Moves : Rock Smash, Bite, Howl, Sand-attack

Last edited:

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
    Years
  • - Well this is where the challenge starts, after accidentally killing 5 poochyenas by critical hit i finally found my partner Beth (Poochyena). Wish us luck
    - Gah, i just realized the next gym would be Roark who has high defense and the only available pokemon is poochyena, ah well i'm sure we'll make it out of this alive
    - Managed to reach jubilife, strategy used against trainers currently is to sand-attack them all to stall time, then howl as much as possible, and then bite all of 'em
    - Got an egg, i hope it's a dark/ghost pokemon or something that could evolve into them, otherwise byebye :(
    - The egg hatched.. Riolu... byebye :(
    - Well we got hidden power TM, Beth doesn't excel well at sp. attack so let's just skip that
    - Hold up, a scope lens in trainer school? This might come in handy
    - First fight against Barry, a full sweep all his pokemon flinched thanks to bite
    - There's no boulder on the ravaged path, interesting. I might go to Floaroma first to find more pokemon before fighting with Roark. Nvm, the way is blocked by galactic grunt outside the cave.
    - So many good items and TMs, it's like the first gym leader have a team fully equipped with item haha.. ha.. *Gulp*
    - Okay so, we got rock smash the same way in pokemon platinum did, the difference is that it now has the power of 60 which would help a lot against Roark, but should Beth learn it though? It's a HM afterall.
    - Whoa, whoa a lvl 10 trainer diglett using bulldoze? WTH is Roark pokemon's move, earthquake?
    - Beth Evolved Yayyy ^^
    - Steven's here and he offered me to raise his beldum, unfortunately we can't use a steel/psychic so pass i guess
    - Gah, no choice, rock smash it is
    - It's Roark time, yeayy. Let's see what he has in store for us.
    - Nosepass choose to use shock wave instead of rock type move, this might be hard
    - Gah they all dead by Mightyena's rock smash in 1-hit, except for onix and Nosepass, i hope it gets harder next time

Team at the end of the transcript
    1. Beth (Mightyena),Lvl.22
    Moves : Rock Smash, Bite, Howl, Sand-attack

Good detailed update, just make sure to include the name of the badge you got ideally, that way I can update the main post more easily.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • Well continuing from last time

- Okay so, now at Floaroma Meadow someone want to trade skorupi for a cherubi. Hmm.. i guess to the honey trees we go
    - Welp, you need 2 pokemon to fight galactic grunts at the floaroma meadow, oh well time to catch another poochyena then..
    - Stopping by first to catch a seedot for shiftry later at route 203, 10% encounter rate isn't that high so.. it's kind of hard, but for now to the pc you go
    - Finished the grunts at the meadow, traded cherubi for skorupi. I'm going to use drapion later, But for now, skorupi'll enter the pc
    - Battle against Mars is quite easy, but Purugly that didn't go down on one hip managed to chip away half of Beth's health, gotta be careful next time as Beth's defense is kind of lacking
    - Entered the eterna forest, i caught a Misdreavus. I guess one of the change this hack did was change it's typing to Ghost-Fairy, i wasn't going to use Misdreavus but maybe i should use more of her. Welcome, Morgana
    - Ah yes, old chateau this place gave me the creeps when i was younger. Other finding loots i don't see any other purpose here, especially since i'm not going to use Rotom.
    - Okay, Gardenia is at route 216 searching for grass pokemon (The only one there is snover, so what the hell is she doing). It also the only place we can catch Sneasel i think, so let's catch one
    - Now onward to mount coronet, in this hack you can access it through route 211.
    - Okay.. so.. uh.. I accidentally killed 3 sneasels, and i found snorunt and when i catch it, i realize she is timid, so.. sorry Sneasel (Welcome Kanna)
    - Oof Gardenia, she starts with a Bellosom sure, her Bellosom knew Dazzling Gleam, and with Breloom as her next pokemon,i realized i have to howl myself to victory
    - Okay so i win with Beth only yeay, but even though her lvl difference is around 12 - 13, her setup hurts like hell. Especially at the start with Bellosom who knew Dazzling Gleam, Teeter Dance, and stun spore.
    - Mach Punching Breloom with Expert Belt also packs quite a punch, not to mention Cherrim with focus sash, this game is shaping up nicely. I need 3 howls to win against Gardenia, who knows what tactics i have to resort into so i can win
    - It's time to loot Team Galactic's Eterna HQ, let's see what we can find here
    - Battle against Jupiter is pretty easy, and we got PORYGON, unfortunately i can't take it so, sorry Porygon
    - We got Togepi egg from cynthia (And unfortunately another pokemon to release), and the bicycle store owner gave us dawn stone which means...
    - Kanna evolves to Froslass ^^
    - Go to Hearthome GOOOO.... what.. a trainer blocked me, he said there's a trainer in distress at Wayward Cave.. Mira..
    - Icy Wind for the winnnn (Seriously, i think Kanna leveled up 8 times in the Wayward Cave) + We got Dazzling Gleam TM oooo yesss (Kanna can't learn it though :( )
    - Battle against Dawn.. Her Clefairy is totally annoying it has Moonlight and debuffing move set (Thunder Wave,etc.), also her Lopunny's Jump Kick it hurts as hell and bypass Ghost type due to an item, this starts to get more challenging
    - Cyrus is still monologuing as usual (He's probably my favourite villain in pokemon though)
    - What The!? Sudden battle against Aaron of the E4!? Urghh.. i'm not ready to face bug type..
    - Oof, damn Scizor... Swords Dance and X-Scissor = Profit.. For Aaron that is, well at least we got X-Scissor as consolation prize
    - Grr.. Fantina you'll be my punching bag in retaliation of that Aaron sweep.
    - Finally we reached confuse ray, and as the challenge rule stated i can't forgot Kanna's confuse ray before i got another pokemon that have a confusion or confusing move.
    - Hoho, Kanna full sweep thanks to spell tag and superior level, well that Aaron sweep taught me a lot though.

Current Badge : Coal Badge, Forest Badge, and Relic Badge
    Current Team at the end of the transcript
    1. Beth (Mightyena, F),Lvl.44
    Moves : Rock Smash, Crunch, Howl, Yawn

2. Kanna (Froslass, F), lvl.40
    Nature : Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    Held Item : Ghost Tag
    Moves : Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray

3. Morgana (Misdreavus, F), lvl.19
    Nature : Timid (+Spe,-Atk)