• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Alfheim Online Challenge REVIVED

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Update 2

Team:
Gastly LVL 23
Curse/Night Shade/Sucker Punch/Confuse Ray
Badges (2): Zephyr Badge, Hive Badge

The second gym seemed...easier this time. Used Curse and Confuse Ray on Scyther to help deplete its health. Already defeated Team Rocket at Slowpoke Well and Rival though due to some of them having normal types had to use curse on them and just stall with spite for a bit. Now have sucker punch so that somewhat solves the problem. And...one other thing does Confuse Ray meet the requirement of the Confusion or confusion-inflicting move?

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
Update 2

Team:
Gastly LVL 23
Curse/Night Shade/Sucker Punch/Confuse Ray
Badges (2): Zephyr Badge, Hive Badge

The second gym seemed...easier this time. Used Curse and Confuse Ray on Scyther to help deplete its health. Already defeated Team Rocket at Slowpoke Well and Rival though due to some of them having normal types had to use curse on them and just stall with spite for a bit. Now have sucker punch so that somewhat solves the problem. And...one other thing does Confuse Ray meet the requirement of the Confusion or confusion-inflicting move?

Confuse Ray's entire purpose is to inflict confusion on the enemy, so that fits right in with that requirement :)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Update 3

Team:
Haunter LVL 25
Curse/Shadow Punch/ Sucker Punch/Confuse Ray
Ditto LVL 19
Transform
Badges: Zephyr Badge, Hive Badge, Plain Badge

So uh funny story. Here Clefairy used Metronome making it use the move Lunar Dance or something like that making her Clefairy faint itself. For Miltank it was just a stall of Confuse Ray and Curse. Though I still hate Miltank since it spammed Milk Drink and used Attract.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Update 4

Team:
Haunter LVL 31
Curse/Shadow Punch/Payback/Confuse Ray
Ditto LVL 23
Transform
Badges (4): Zephyr Badge, Hive Badge, Plain Badge, Fog Badge

Just....an easy gym battle.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Update 5

Team:
Haunter LVL 35
Curse/Shadow Ball/Payback/Confuse Ray
Ditto LVL 23
Transform
Badges (5) Zephyr Badge, Hive Badge, Plain Badge, Fog Badge, Storm Badge

The gyms seem easier now and just somewhat speed running through them. Though....THERE ARE STILL NO OTHER GHOST OR DARK POKEMON I HAVE FOUND!!!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Update 6

Team:
Gengar LVL 38
Curse/Shadow Ball/ Focus Punch/Confuse Ray
Ditto LVL 23
Transform
Badges (6) Zephyr Badge, Hive Badge, Plain Badge, Fog Badge, Storm Badge, Mineral Badge

So....Jasmine was a struggle due to paralysis and her Steelix. Though….again thanks to Curse and Confuse Ray with a few potions and revives then it was do able. Just 2 more badges left to go then....the dreaded Elite Four and Champion with his 3 Dragonite…..Yay......

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Update 7

Team:
Gengar LVL 42
Curse/Shadow Ball/Focus Punch/Confuse Ray
Ditto LVL 30
Transform
Badges(7) Zephyr Badge, Hive Badge, Plain Badge, Fog Badge, Storm Badge, Mineral Badge, Glacier Badge

Another easy gym battle....Though the radio tower was somewhat a pain to deal with, but a nice place to gain levels.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 9, 2019
PC Username: Morzoelin Zoreth
In-name Name: Morzan
Race determined by quiz: Imp
Game: Rocket Strike (Fire Red ROM Hack)

Syntthetix

Years
I'm super happy to see all the new signups all of a sudden, and my god Poke you're making insane progress. Haven't seen anyone trying to do this is just a few days, including myself. Anyway, Here's Update #6:

Team:
Sceptile (Shino) - Lvl 37
Lombre - Lvl 35
Pyroar - Lvl 40
Aerodactyl - Lvl 37
Skitty - Lvl 31
Breloom - Lvl 32

Badges earned: 6 (Stone Badge, Knuckle Badge, Dynamo Badge, Heat Badge, Balance Badge, Feather Badge)

Now that I had defeated Norman in Petalburg City, I had obtained Surf and was ready to head over to Fortree City. Before doing that, I had to go with Steven to defend and obtain Latias, which was entirely pointless since I can't use it on my team for this challenge. However, I did get a Mega Bracelet in the process, which will definitely come in handy down the road. Once that was done, I proceeded up Route 119 to the Weather Institute, where I had to take out Team Aqua's admin, Shelly. I obviously ignoring taking Castform from the scientists and continued on my way.

Finally, I arrived in Fortree City and was ready to take the last couple steps to reach Winona's gym. I went over to the bridge on Route 120 to meet with Steven again, who gave me the Devon Scope, allowing me to see invisible Keckleon. With that in hand, I went to the Fortree City gym and prepared to fight. Inside the gym, I earned enough exp from trainers to get my Grovyle up to level 36, evolving it into a Sceptile, although that wouldn't be very helpful for this flying-type gym. By spamming Fly and Ancient Power on the many flying-type Pokemon in the gym, I got to Winona and defeated her fairly easily, finally giving me my sixth badge, the Feather Badge. Just two more to go before the Elite Four and Champion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Update 8

Team:
Gengar LVL 49
Ditto LVL 32
Transform
Badges (8) Zephyr Badge, Hive Badge, Plain Badge, Fog Badge, Storm Badge, Mineral Badge, Glacier Badge, Rising Badge

Might be the last update in a while.....Though still have not found any other ghost or dark types. The safari zone has some, but the problem is I don't have access to objects yet so....yeah that's fun.

Syntthetix

Years
Update 8

Team:
Gengar LVL 49
Ditto LVL 32
Transform
Badges (8) Zephyr Badge, Hive Badge, Plain Badge, Fog Badge, Storm Badge, Mineral Badge, Glacier Badge, Rising Badge

Might be the last update in a while.....Though still have not found any other ghost or dark types. The safari zone has some, but the problem is I don't have access to objects yet so....yeah that's fun.

Great job making it all the way through 8 badges with only two Pokemon. You're clearly being forced to get pretty creative with combinations of Curse and healing. If you manage to make it through the Elite Four and Lance soon, you'll probably be the first to complete this challenge.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Update 9

Final Team:
Gengar LVL 56
Misdreavus LVL 29
Murkrow LVL 21
Ditto LVL 33

Challenge Complete :)

Stocked up on a bunch of revives and hyper potions. From this I have found a new respect for Gengar due to him being the MVP for this whole thing. During the battles I mainly used the other three as revivers and healers. During the last battle Curse really came in handy since I could revive and get a pokemon knocked out and still get damage on it. I was afraid of slipping up on some occasions, but I somehow managed to complete this XD. But in short this was a really fun challenge and I want to try and do it again with a different race. If I can do that should I number randomize it or just choose on my own? (Also quick note my trainer id is different from what I put it is Ethan not Poke....Got it mixed up for a different game so sorry about that. Also picture of the team is below.)
image0.jpg

Syntthetix

Years
Update 9

Final Team:
Gengar LVL 56
Misdreavus LVL 29
Murkrow LVL 21
Ditto LVL 33

Challenge Complete :)

Stocked up on a bunch of revives and hyper potions. From this I have found a new respect for Gengar due to him being the MVP for this whole thing. During the battles I mainly used the other three as revivers and healers. During the last battle Curse really came in handy since I could revive and get a pokemon knocked out and still get damage on it. I was afraid of slipping up on some occasions, but I somehow managed to complete this XD. But in short this was a really fun challenge and I want to try and do it again with a different race. If I can do that should I number randomize it or just choose on my own? (Also quick note my trainer id is different from what I put it is Ethan not Poke....Got it mixed up for a different game so sorry about that. Also picture of the team is below.)

Holy shit, congrats! When you said it would be a while, I figured you meant a couple more days or something, and here we are lol. Regardless, you're officially the very first challenger to complete the ALO challenge, and I'll be adding you to the Hall of Fame at the bottom of the original post.

If you want to play through again, it's completely your choice how you want to select your race. You could just pick one that seems fun based on the constraints, or if you've seen SAO, you could pick your favorite race. Using an RNG would also work since that would possibly make it even more challenging. However you do it, I hope you have fun with a second run of the challenge!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Holy muk, congrats! When you said it would be a while, I figured you meant a couple more days or something, and here we are lol. Regardless, you're officially the very first challenger to complete the ALO challenge, and I'll be adding you to the Hall of Fame at the bottom of the original post.

If you want to play through again, it's completely your choice how you want to select your race. You could just pick one that seems fun based on the constraints, or if you've seen SAO, you could pick your favorite race. Using an RNG would also work since that would possibly make it even more challenging. However you do it, I hope you have fun with a second run of the challenge!

Yeah I was going to grind for my other teammates and I was going to use the Elite Four since they were high level and I didn't think Gengar could one shot them or easily defeat them. When I did I thought screw it just going to try and do this. So it was suppose to be due to grinding, but not anymore I suppose XD.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
PC Username: Pok3pals
In-game Name: Poke
Race determined by quiz: Salamander
Game: Platinum

Also question for this one....with the max level having to be 3 over the gym leader's highest level pokemon does that mean for example the first gym leader it has to be 17 and up or just at 17?

Last edited:

Syntthetix

Years
PC Username: Pok3pals
In-game Name: Poke
Race determined by quiz: Salamander
Game: Platinum

Also question for this one....with the max level having to be 3 over the gym leader's highest level pokemon does that mean for example the first gym leader it has to be 17 and up or just at 17?

As long as you're within 3 levels above the leader's highest level pokemon (so 15-17 if the highest level is 14) you're good to go. The idea is that the Salamanders are considered the strongest race and would probably avoid the approach of getting to a way higher level than their opponent just so they could show off their strength. With that, good luck on your second run!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Platinum Update 1

Team:
Monferno LVL 17
Mach Punch/Fury Swipes/Ember/Taunt
Ponyta LVL 17
Flame Wheel/Tackle/Tail Whip/Ember

Badges (1) Coal Badge

So I was afraid of over leveling from battling the gym and while grinding to get it ready for the gym battle.

Syntthetix

Years
Platinum Update 1

Team:
Monferno LVL 17
Mach Punch/Fury Swipes/Ember/Taunt
Ponyta LVL 17
Flame Wheel/Tackle/Tail Whip/Ember

Badges (1) Coal Badge

So I was afraid of over leveling from battling the gym and while grinding to get it ready for the gym battle.

Hmm... I didn't really think about that kind of thing happening. I'm curious what your feedback is on that mechanic, would you think that it's better to just be careful and avoid fighting too many trainers before the gym, or should that constraint be altered?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Hmm... I didn't really think about that kind of thing happening. I'm curious what your feedback is on that mechanic, would you think that it's better to just be careful and avoid fighting too many trainers before the gym, or should that constraint be altered?

I don't think there should be any alteration cause the salamander one seems like one of the more easier challenges so trying to not over level and keeping an eye on the leveling would be the sort of challenging factor to this one. So it would give a more easy challenge a factor that you have to work around by trying to meet the criteria while still trying to not over level.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Platinum Update 2

Team:
Monferno LVL 29
Rock Smash/Feint/Flame Wheel/Taunt
Ponyta LVL 28
Flame Wheel/Take Down/Tail Whip/Ember
Badges (3) Coal Badge, Forest Badge, Relic Badge

Gardenia was pretty easy to deal with since team is mainly fire types for now. Fantina however was a challenge. Only won cause of luck and heal stalling since I somehow burned her Mismagius. After I used the last potion she used magical leaf instead of psybeam so that is where the luck came into play. Also the not over leveling thing is somewhat easy as of now. Also for Fantina I suggest having taunt so she can't use confuse ray or hypnosis if you either chose Chimchar or you have a pokemon that knows taunt.

Back