• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Buying on release?

pkmin3033

I shall be getting both on release, although it'll probably be several months before I get around to Shining Pearl. But I want those figurines and buying them separately would probably cost me far more than it should, so...

...and if I don't get them on day of release there is going to be hell to pay, I don't pay for tracked delivery to wait until the following Monday or later to get my games >.>

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I preordered Shining Pearl on my Switch bc I had a giftcard. I went with Pearl bc I feel like everyone is going with Diamond.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I'll eventually get both. But I'll probably grab Brilliant Diamond on release only because I originally had Diamond back in 4th gen when they D/P were new.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm considering it this time. Thinking of redeeming some of my Instant Gift card perks on Swagbucks a week before the games release so I can buy them on the day of release. I get five instant gift cards a month, so I might just use some so I can buy the games earlier than I usually do.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 21, 2022
Waiting to see how much budget looks like when they release, but I'm leaning towards no. I usually prefer to wait for discounts (even though Nintendo first party games barely ever get any...) unless I really, really like the franchise or have a lot of faith in the performance of the game, and after the most recent Pokemon games I'm a little skeptical.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Probably not, but I will DEFINITELY be getting it early enough to get the Manaphy.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I already preordered BD since I played Diamond back in the day.
I'll buy SP when someone sells them at second-hand price just to play the Pearl side.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I am considering it this time. It would be the first time I do this for a Pokemon game.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
I will be getting it today as my two brothers were kind enough to get me a gift card for the game no idea what I wanted for my birthday so there said there would buy Pokémon for me

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
When it comes to Pokemon games my friend and I always do pre orders and then stay up all night to play them.

Back