• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Metal fans?

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
  • I'm not anymore into metal as much as I was back in my middle school days, but I still listen to it quite frequently (even if my favourite genres are nowadays probably 70s electronic, prog rock, and post-rock); I've listened at some point to most of the bands named here, but only few of them are in my playlists now.

Iron Maiden was one of the bands I listened to the most ever since I was 7 and still are one of my favourite bands, there are some albums I like more and some I like less but I enjoy all of their work. Otherwise it's mostly post-metal, some of the classic bands (Judas Priest, Motorhead, Scorpions, Saxon) or a few later ones like Danzig, and black metal, especially symphonic (I'm writing this while listening to Dimmu Borgir, whom I really like, especially the earlier stuff); as for gothic metal and power metal, I used to like them more than I currently do but I sometimes listen to that too, while among nu, death, and thrash metal I mostly only like select stuff from a few bands.

My top five of metal bands would probably be:
    1- Iron Maiden
    2- Rammstein
    3- Dimmu Borgir
    4- Sólstafir
    5- Nightwish

Last edited:

SirDeoxys

Deoxys in a suit
    Years
  • I'm a pretty big fan of metal music myself, I listen to a ton of it's sub-genres, but my favorite kinds are ones that deviate from typical metal standards.
    For example, a musician I'm listening to at the time of making this post, "Master Boot Record", makes completely synthesized "chiptune metal". It's some crazy stuff.
    Another band I absolutely adore is Igorrr, a baroque inspired breakcore metal band that makes music that is the definition of "beauty in chaos".

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2020
    I'm a sucker for metal, and so is my dad lol. Guess it's genetics (wouldn't that be something). I am familiar with the more popular metal bands, but most of the metal I listen to is religious, so there's that. However, Demon Hunter got high up on a top metal board some time ago, and they're definitely one of the more popular religious metal groups. Other than them, I enjoy Fleshkiller, War of Ages, Death Therapy, For All Eternity, Fit For A King, and August Burns Red. My favorite band, Saviour Machine, is more of a goth/symphonic metal band, and some of their stuff sounds like a goth metal opera hybrid, especially with Eric Clayton's vocals.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2020
    I'm a big ice nine kills fan! They're way of writing songs based on popular horror media is great. Got to say I think my favourite song of theirs is Me Myself and Hyde but that's probably because I'm a sucker for the original book.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Lately, I've been on a metalcore binge. Architects and ice Nine Kills, Bring Me The Horizon apart from Linkin Park songs in between.

Black Dahlia Murder all the way! ♥♥ Love them. You might enjoy The Broken Result, too. They have a similar style. :)

For some reason I typed the broken truth XD The Broken Result was amazing! I listened to A Night of Honest Lies and Mending the Dead Army, and totally enjoyed these songs.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Years
  • Name one band per Genre Only

Heavy: Black Sabbath
    Thrash: Sodom
    Black: Mayhem
    Power: Edguy
    Death: Deicide
    Melodic Death/Gothemburg: Dark Tranquillity
    Grind: Carcass
    Doom: Cathedral
    Groove: Soulfly and Sepultura post Max Cavalera

tigertron

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • My favourite metal bands:

Black Sabbath
    Babymetal
    Iron Maiden
    Lordi
    Lovebites
    Band-Maid (they do occasionally do metal)
    Judas Priest
    Mary's Blood

Years
  • Oh man, someone revived this thread?! Hell yeahhhhh, as a metalhead this makes me super happy. Time to have a poke through your posts.

From the new Haiduk album Diabolica

Nice, saw this on a server I'm on, it wasn't too bad!

Hello. I am a Heavy Metal music listener too.

Some of my favourite bands (aside from the obvious Black Sabbath, Judas Priest et similia) are Overkill, Electric Wizard, Neurosis, Coroner, Blind Guardian, Nevermore, Moonsorrow, Primordial, Opeth (up to Ghost Reveries), Earthside, Type O Negative, etc...
    I hope I can fit into this thread.

Generally speaking, a great list! Not seen a fellow Electric Wizard fan before :o. Also love seeing Judas Priest on there, definitely one of my favourite heavy metal bands. Favourite album (and why is it Screaming for Vengeance)?

Also don't worry, you'll 100% fit in this thread and section! Hope to hear more of your thoughts on metal for sure, are there any particular sub-genres you like?

Name one band per Genre Only

Heavy: Black Sabbath
    Thrash: Sodom
    Black: Mayhem
    Power: Edguy
    Death: Deicide
    Melodic Death/Gothemburg: Dark Tranquillity
    Grind: Carcass
    Doom: Cathedral
    Groove: Soulfly and Sepultura post Max Cavalera

An interesting list! I'll give it a go.

Heavy: Judas Priest
    Thrash: Sex Machineguns
    Black: Wolves in the Throne Room
    Power: Heavenly or Blind Guardian
    Death: Amon Amarth
    Melodic Death/Gothenburg: Wintersun
    Grind: Don't really listen to this genre.
    Doom: Electric Wizard
    Groove: Trivium

My favourite metal bands:

Black Sabbath
    Babymetal
    Iron Maiden
    Lordi
    Lovebites
    Band-Maid (they do occasionally do metal)
    Judas Priest
    Mary's Blood

Wahey, is that a fellow J-Metal fan I see? If you haven't already, you should 100% check out Necronomidol!

Years
  • I listen to metal from game Soundtracks most of the time rather than like an actual band/album tbh.
    Mick Gordon & zYnthetic are great imo.
    I've just never been a fan of all the shouting/grunting in metal so videogame metal which is usually purely instrumental suits me more.

Aside from that I used to listen to Hollywood Undead a lot.
    Also Måneskin is fire, but not solely metal so idk if to include it =p

Years
  • Any Thrash Metal Fans?
    its of my top 3 genres along with Black and Melodic Death/Gothenburg and Power

Top 10 Thrash Metal Albums of All Time
    10.-Anthrax - Among the Living
    9.-Destruction - Infernal Overkill
    8.-Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
    7.-Metallica - Master of Puppets
    6.-Exodus - Bonded By Blood
    5.-Testament - The Legacy
    4.-Sepultura - Beneath The Remains
    3.-Megadeth - Rest In Peace
    2.-Sodom - Agent Orange
    1.-Slayer - Reign in Blood

Years
  • I listen to symphonic metal and gothic metal if that counts.

Bands I like are Within Temptation, Evanescence, Nightwish, Xandria, Theatre of Tragedy, Tristania.

Years
  • I listen to classic metal every now and then. Namely Black Sabbath, Motorhead, and some old Metallica here and there.

Never been a fan of the super heavy stuff tho.

Years
  • I listen to almost every kind of metal; be it heavy, power, thrash, death, melodic death, black, melodic black, I listen to them all... with the exception of drone.

The Spectre

The Spectre
    Years
  • I am a Metal fan, I mainly listen to DragonForce and Sabaton, but some others I listen to are Metallica, Trivium and, Rhapsody of Fire, I mainly listen to Metal to help me sleep and when doing random other things, keeps me energized haha.

Years
  • I am, but I mainly listen to a genre called Neue Deutsche Härte. The most popular band and example of band in this genre is Rammstein. I also like Eisbrecher, Die Krupps, Megaherz, and Oomph!
    Another type I enjoy is industrial, with bands like Deathstars, Centhron, Fear Factory, Static-X (sorta?)

Here's a good one, don't actually look at the video though, it'll give you a headache.

Years
  • I was redirected to this forum thread and immediately knew I had to get involved.

I listen to a huge variety of metal, but my primary genres right now are thrash metal, death metal, progressive metal, and other subgenres of that variety. At this moment, I'm listening to Vernal Womb by Wormwitch. Even though it has an extremely absurd name, I really do enjoy this song.

Since we seem to be sharing recommendations, I lend you all this gem:

I originally discovered it because I'm a fan of Vinesauce, but I ended up loving it and have been listening to Scythelord ever since. (They released a new album last year called Earth Boiling Dystopia, highly recommended and not just because it has a sick name.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nice you found it haha

EDIT: The YouTube hyperlink is broken for whatever reason, here's a direct link to the album instead: https://youtu.be/gfiNYdcLJrU

Also, regarding youtube links, when using the " frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

Back