• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Megan sounding menacing right now...

By the way, I really should start banning more bots, it's been a while since last time I even got to do it...

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I stopped actively doing it at some point and then Devalue joined and I just can't compete with them and Starlight both at the same time. ^^"

Years
    I stopped actively doing it at some point and then Devalue joined and I just can't compete with them and Starlight both at the same time. ^^"

I'm rusty on everything PC related rn. If it wasn't for my wonderful section partners, there'd be cockroaches everywhere, and weeds in the doorways 😔

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    I never even cared much about how good my writing was... oops! Hopefully it's good enough to win in this thread~

Yes, it gets you the win.

I'm late to the party, but I've always been self-conscious about my writing despite how much I love doing it. Part of it is the stress of minding your use of a foreign language, and part of it is wondering whether your ideas will fly in the notably irascible fandom that is the Pokémon fandom.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    ive never really been fussed about what the greater fandom would think about my writing tbh. i just know the story i wanna tell and get it written. people can take it or leave it haha and the block button can be used liberally if they fuss

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    oh hi anna

you're one of the few people that i actually care about whether or not they like my writing, so i hope it's been reading nicely to you so far ♥ (but yeah, the greater fandom is a group too large and heterogeneous to worry about!)

Years
    • Seen today
    Anna is just like Chris Pratt (as described by the English translator in the Mario Movie cast reveal): so cool.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    (From the earlier bot banning conversation)

Winds up high on bot-slaying numbers due to cleaning out old visitor messages. Starts from one year ago and works forward. Gets super laggy if you go any further back. Tries to stay a few days ahead of the tipping point.

Years
    To be a writer is my dream. I feel like I'm really living the things I write, and feel happier and fulfilled on days where I have written something, reading a great story also excites me, sometimes I literally jump out of my chair when I'm really into what I am reading, and when I am out of time to read, I still find myself daydreaming about getting back to that good book, and seeing what happens next.

The trouble is that I seem to have not enough time in the day to write and read as much as I I want to, something is always carrying me off.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Is more of a reader than a writer. Engages little in both nowadays. Generally only reads books when away from home. Passes the time while waiting on medical procedures. Sticks to the old, simple books of youth: Redwall, Harry Potter, and Dragonlance.

Years
    Definitely ate up the Harry Potter books. Fantasy is the genre I have always been most drawn to because I like to escape every day ordinary life I am currently revisiting Middle Earth, and rereading The Lord of the Rings, earlier this year had such a magical time picking up the Hobbit. I have always liked fairytale, myths legends and folklore since I was a kid too.

I need to get back into the Sword of Truth series, it was off to a good start. I have a bad habit of checking more books than I can read at once, and not finishing them. I also want to pick up where I left off with the Forest House, and the Homeric Chronicles.

Years
    • Seen today
    I wanted to try to write something in 6th grade after I read on the Scholastic magazine thingy that some teenager had a book published (it was Swordbird). I thought I could rake in big cash if I got my own book published. I wrote maybe 5 pages and ended up exhausting all my mental energy. Then I discovered ROM Hacking a year later on PC lmao

Years
    Anyone ever write fanfiction?

I kinda want to submit something to the small writing competition again. I did I get an idea as soon as the prompt of past, present and future was given, but I have a tendency to come up with bigger ideas than I can put to paper by due dates, and think I probably won't have time for the project i would like to write, so I have avoided entering since I am not sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back