• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Most recent social media I tried was Discord.

Feel clueless on how to jump into the conversations.

Ended up deleting it.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Well... Bulbagarden also gave me weird vibes sometimes. I can't put my finger on it but it should be telling that I followed most of these people to the absolute worst of Tumblr.

As far as I know my account is still active, but I refuse to go on there because it's gotten even worse since I left.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I have Discord but I barely use it. It's nice for some stuff on PC but actual normal conversations idk. It may be a little too fast paces for my taste. Feels very awkward being in a group chat, at least for me it does. ^^"

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Same here, and I've been here for less than a year. Something about the vibe of PokeCommunity just sits right with me. Any age is perfect for finding a home in PokéCommunity, whether you're 10, 16, 26 or even older.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    You do need to be at least 13 years old, though. Age restriction because of law shenanigans.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Personally never considers Discord to be social media. Feels more like a chat program. Revolves around social aspects, but without social media things such as likes, viral posts, and sharing.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Discord definitely covers the "social" aspect but not really the "media" part in the same way things like Facebook do. It puts more value in the community aspect while regular social media put the individual in the forefront.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    As far as I know, Discord isn't considered social media. I just called it that way because it was an extension of my Twitter life, since the people I used to be around reposted a lot of content from (their own and others') Twitter accounts.

Years
    Talk about Discord huh

Idk much bout it since I've never even had it installed, but it's more of a chat program I think.

As for other social medias I have a facebook account, which I use solely to dump Switch screenshots xD

Last edited:
    Years
    I used Discord for a training course group made server (an IRL group but we still had lots of fun with that server... whether or not we were at the same place ^^).

Then I tried PC's general server when I discovered its forums. I tried to come in as my character, hoping to bond, but didn't feel very welcomed. I asked then if we could have an In Character chat, but that was denied , so I didn't stay active in PC's Discord server for long. Still checking here and there, but...

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Yeah, I feel you. Having the Discord server is nice, but you don't really see the same people there are you do in here. I'd say it even feels more "equal" in here, being able to interact with most of the staff who are also regulars in the forums.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    A benefit of the forums is that it's just slower. You have more time to think and you can always go back on a previous topic and stuff. Discord is a little bit more fast paced and in a way might encourage ingroups to get even more tight knit, making it harder to get into? Honestly, hard to describe my exact thought. But I'm also one of these people who have severe issues with any sort of group chat, always had. ^^"

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Forums are just perfect to write walls of text haha! Which is helpful sometimes ♥♥♥ Introductions and presentations on forums are so deeply different than on Discord, given that here everyone can make their own threads for example.

Years
    It's gotten pretty hard for me to keep up with the forums lately 😅
    I kinda neglect certain sections for days on end out of a lack of time.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    It's gotten pretty hard for me to keep up with the forums lately 😅
    I kinda neglect certain sections for days on end out of a lack of time.

I've always been neglecting some sections that I say I enjoy but that's not even lack of time, it's me just casually changing interests apparently... Big mood :')

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    There are some sections that I should check more often than I end up doing, as well. ^^"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back