• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokemon AncientEmerald

A devamp of Emerald, Ruby, or Sapphire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
-INFORMATION-
Hack of:
Silver

Hack Name:
AncientEmerald

Introduction:
Hello, my name is Melash. You may remember me from Awakened Legends. After that project was cancelled, I've been practicing hacking Gold and Silver, and I now believe I'm ready to publish my second official hack. It seems many people have forgotten what a "Hack" should be. It should not be a few map changes, a several tile edits, and a new script or two. It should be much, much more than that. This hack will be an actual "Hack", if not more. In fact, you may not even be able to recognize the original Silver Version I started out with. Now then, welcome to AncientEmerald.

Storyline:
Many of you have played Emerald, and enjoyed an adventure throughout the Hoenn region. If you have, then prepare to relive it again, but this time in a Second Generation game. This hack, in simple terms, is a devamp of Emerald onto Silver. You will be able to play through Emerald again, but this time on the GBC, with an extended storyline and more features. You will be able to save Prof. Birch, defeat team Magma and Aqua, defeat Wally in Victory Road, and continue the story after Emerald is over.

Features:
New Graphics -Every tileset redone from scratch. All sprites are new also
New Maps -Yes, prepare to relive the Hoenn region.
New Pokemon -All Hoenn Pokemon, and some Sinnoh Pokemon added in.
Completely new scripts -Everything will be rescripted from scratch.
New HM's -DIVE will be making an appearance to this hack.
New TM's -A brand new TM set that resembles Emerald's.
New Items -Many new items, replacing old and unused ones.
New Attacks -Many new attacks have been added in.
New Music -Several tracks have been imported from various games.
Two regions -Hoenn, and part of another region.

....and much, MUCH more!

-MEDIA-
Screenshots:

Here we go, proof that I'm actually doing work until I release a beta. Please note that the graphics are still a work in progress.
2mfaidx.jpg
20tp5rq.jpg
25sbwd2.jpg
b3pqhl.jpg

2hgxz4l.jpg
2duilvk.jpg
210leer.jpg

Please note that these screenshots are outdated, but may be somewhat valid:
battle1.jpg
root1.jpg
truck.jpg
trainercard.jpg
lab.jpg

battle-1.jpg
Dewford.jpg
truck2.jpg
truck3.jpg
test21.png

Movies:
Here's a short preview of the introduction:

Awards:
This hack received Hack of the Week 71.
AncientEmeraldaward.png

-THE TEAM-
Spoiler:

-Q&A-
This hack is a very big project, so I've realized that many people will be asking questions. Here is a list I've complied of questions that have been asked, or questions that will probably be asked.

Spoiler:

-BETA SECTION-
Beta Releases:

As of right now, I have not released a beta. I will release one soon, but I cannot make a definitive date, yet. I can tell you that I will release a short Demo before the Beta, so you won't have to wait as long for a full beta release. When will that be released? You won't have to wait too much longer.....

Beta Progresses:
Okay, here I'm going to show about how far each beta will most likely go to. These may change, and they may already be changed.
Demo: Littleroot Town – Route 102
Beta 1: Littleroot Town – Dewford Town
Beta 2: Granite Cave – Lavaridge Town
Beta 3: Route 113 – Team Magma Hideout
Beta 4: Route 124 – Ever Grande City
Beta 5: Second Region
Beta 6: Cleanup and Easter Eggs
Final Version: Everything

Beta Testers:
Before you ask, no, you cannot become a beta tester. The only way you can become a beta testers is if you either become a team member, or if I actually know you. Even then, no guarantees. Here is the list of beta testers:

Kage-X
Cooley
Mateo
Redstar
Vednix

If I have asked you before, and you are not on this list, please send me a PM.

-SUPPORT-
Banners:
Here are the banners that have been made for this hack. I will accept banners from anyone:
ubd5321.png

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183717"][IMG]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2742/ubd5321.png[/IMG][/URL]

Picture1-2.png

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183717"][IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/chunited54/Picture1-2.png[/IMG][/URL]

-FIN-
Closing:

Well, I've done my part, so now it's your turn. Please post here about this hack. You could post ideas, comments, or just tell me if you're going to play this. Please though, no spam.

Last edited:

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Woot, first post.

Anyway, onto the matter at hand, this looks to be a promising hack. And I though I was a beta tester? :/

ALso, you appear to have posted the same screenshot twice.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Yes, I see that I did double post a screenshot. I'll have to take that down. And yes, I did ask you to become a beta tester. I'll update the thread shortly.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
^o^ yay. I'll be waiting in the shadows for the beta...

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
Years
Yeah, another GBC-hack!
I like how you inserted the r/s tiles :P
Looks like a ruby rom with a silver-ow xD I'm looking forward to beta ;)
Hope you'll finish it... Good luck :P

//edit: YEEEEAAAAHH! 70th post xD

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, it's official. I am now going to be using Emerald Tiles, not Ruby tiles for this hack. I will get out some screenshots later.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016

clickable userbar, links to thread.
HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183717"][IMG]http://www.userbars.com/ubd238870.png[/IMG][/URL]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Yeah, it's finally up! I've seen this around on one other forum and in your sig, and have been waiting for a PC thread :P. It looks really promising ;)

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Wow. A silver hack. I haven't seen a Silver hack. This game looks good.

Are you gonna have RSE attacks in it?
Yeah, I'm going to be changing most of the Silver attacks to fit more like Ruby's set.
Wow, this looks amazing.

Keep up the good work!
Wow, this looks amazing.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks, and thanks!
clickable userbar, links to thread.
HTML Code:
I'm glad to see I have someone making banners for me. However, I would like you to hold off, as I might just change this thread to AncientEmerald, not AncientRuby. I'll attach a poll and see what I get...but I'm pretty sure I already know the result.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
Yeah, I can redo userbars later.
I voted emerald, as I'd like to see the battle frontier. however, it seems like it would be really hard to script.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Yeah, I can redo userbars later.
I voted emerald, as I'd like to see the battle frontier. however, it seems like it would be really hard to script.
I'm pretty sure I could do it, it would just take time. That will be very far into the future for this hack, so I really won't work on it at all yet.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
well, I figured that. really, i meant all of the added scripts such as scott, and trainer tower and the like. do you think trick house will be in this?

Melash

Back for now.
Years
well, I figured that. really, i meant all of the added scripts such as scott, and trainer tower and the like. do you think trick house will be in this?
Yes, I'm planning on it, it shouldn't be too hard to add in. I'm currently devamping some Emerald tiles, and I'll insert them later today and update some of the screenshots.

Years
This looks simply amazing. I haven't seen a silver hack before... I wish you best of luck with this. I'll keep an eye on this hack.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
So, which Pokemon are being left out to make room for the RSE ones? all the old ones?

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
I truly hope this gets finished. It looks great and I personally hate the Pokemon Advance+ engines, and stick to Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. Good job and don't give up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back