• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-Chat chat chat-

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • So your here on PC. Your talking to someone. A few questions to you now:

1)Do you go to "View Conversation" while replying, or do you just go to his/her account?
    2)If you do view, what do you click on after you VM? Do you go to his/her account, to your own account, or to the main PC forum?

I'm just asking because I got curious and am bored

As for me:

1)I view our convo, because I am bound to forget what the person said within the 5 seconds it takes to go to his.her account. :P
    2)I go strait to the main forum, as long as there are no more VMs to reply to. : )

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I click View Conversation. I don't know why, but that's just what happens. XD

I either go to the main forums, or I click back to my name to answer to any other VMs I received. c:

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I click on view conversations, so then I can see what I'm replying to, because if I click their profile, I can't see what they've said in mine, so I forget and I have to go back to my profile.

If I want to see what they're doing, I'll go view their profile after. If not, I'll go back to my profile and see what other VM's I have to reply to and if there's none, I just view the index, or browse PC.

Years
  • 1)All my life here on PC i would go to his profile, but now that I am talking to people you talk to like 5 people at once, there page usually gets cluttered by the time I answer them, so for the past month I have learned to always press "View Conversation"

2) If I have other VMs, obviously i will reply to those. But usually, I go to the New Posts, PC page, and sometimes the Blogs.

Years
  • 1)Do you go to "View Conversation" while replying, or do you just go to his/her account? More often than not, I will reply in the View Conversation page because I can check on whatever they've said to me to know what to reply about. Afterwards, I'll probably go to his/her profile....answer in the next question.
    2)If you do view, what do you click on after you VM? Do you go to his/her account, to your own account, or to the main PC forum? Often I'll visit their profile after reply so I can stalk their other VMs do what I just crossed out or check out if they've updated anything in their profile (profile design, about me, emblems, etc). My goodness, I'm becoming more stalkerish than Went. >:

Years
  • 1)Do you go to "View Conversation" while replying, or do you just go to his/her account?
    - I usually go to "View Conversation" when replying to VM. Because there you can see the whole convo easily.

2)If you do view, what do you click on after you VM? Do you go to his/her account, to your own account, or to the main PC forum?
    - I usually go back to my account to look at other VMs.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    1)Do you go to "View Conversation" while replying, or do you just go to his/her account?
    By force of habit, I just click on their profile. I should really stop doing that.
    When I DO do that, I just go back to the main page on PC and lurk.

Years
  • 1)I view our convo, because I am bound to forget what the person said within the 5 seconds it takes to go to his.her account. :P
    2)I go strait to the main forum, as long as there are no more VMs to reply to. : )

Oddly enough, I do this, though not because I'll forget what they just said so much as I may have forgotten what got the convo to that point, and I like to see if I've ever had a conversation with that person before.

Ayselipera

I go to view conversation.

Sometimes I might go to their account just to see how it looks. Most of the time I go straight to new posts and head from there.

Ninetales433

KHR Forever *-*
    Years
  • 1)Do you go to "View Conversation" while replying, or do you just go to his/her account?
    View Conversation.
    I go to his/her account just to make sure it's there.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I find myself in a routine when replying to VMs. ^^; I would have a tendency to go to my User Control Panel, where I could check out my VMs beforehand. From there, depending on how many VMs I have, I would click on the user's profile then view our conversation to know what I'm replying to. I believe it's because after having so many VMs come to me in the past, it just turned out to be a natural way of replying.

Though, if my VMs are on a low I would just go to my profile, select "View Conversation" and reply from there. Only if I'm curious on what that person is doing may I view their profile, but other than that I would just go on to reply to my next message or browse the forums.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'm usually the one to view conversation,I do like to go to there profile sometimes though. After that usually return to the main page or view who's online.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Because I have quite a few VMs, I create several tabs for "View Conversation" for each VM that I receive. Every time I reply to the VM, I close the tab. When I'm done replying to the last VM, I go back to my profile to check if I have any more VMs that have been sent to me. If there are none, I tend to go back to the PC index or start something else on the internet.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    View Conversation. It's easier to track the conversation that way.

I go to the Main PC Forums or the Fanfiction Section where the FFL is.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I right-click "View Conversation" and then select "Open Link in New Tab."

I simply delete the new tab, thus bringing me back to my profile. XD

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    If I'm replying to a VM where I don't know what's going on anymore because it's been time since I last replied or since they last replied, I'll go to view conversation. Or sometimes cause I know it's funny, I'll just wanna reread it over.

And after replying to a VM, I'll usually go to the Index or back to my profile if I have more VMs. ya.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
  • View convo. A lot quicker, if you ask me XD

And unless I have other VMs, I just head back to the main forum or go to my User CP for whatever reason :>

Back