• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Jynx gets no love

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
Years
  • One thing which has always disappointed me about Gen 4 was the fact that Electabuzz and Magmar got evolutions but Jynx wasn't shown the same love. I know those 3 were never officially linked in any way but lots of us would've viewed them as a set back in Gen 1. I did at least.

Now that it hasn't received an evolution in either Gen 4 or 5, do you think it will ever receive one?

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • Jynx was one of my favourites for so long, I wished they had treated her with some love. that said I couldn't see a new Jynx in Gen 4, but I hope they do make one soon :D

I always saw electabuzz and Magmar as being connected with Jynx - I thought they were originally meant to be the starting trio or the legendary trio or something? I don't know...

I think Jynx does have a better design than either of the other two though :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I think that's just how the ball rolls, unfortunately. I wouldn't mind a Jynx evolution, since it isn't the best Pokemon. But in saying that though, it can hold its ground in battle and does have an interesting range of moves.

In an overview, if it eventually gets an evolution, great! If not, oh well. I'm really not that fussed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Jynx evolution but how do you expand upon an opera singer? There's not much that you could tinker with and it already can stand its ground in battle. I don't think it necessarily needs an evolution as there are better Pokemon out there that deserve one like Dunsparce. While I see what you mean, I don't think Jynx needs one just yet. I don't see it coming but if it does, then great! :]

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I always thought that Pinsir, Tauros and Mr. Mime fit in with those three, so I wasn't overly surprised that a couple were left out of the evo chains. Yeah I'd love to have a Jynx evo. I think Psychic/Ice is very interesting and being able to expand on that would be interesting in all aspects.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I want to see this Pokémon have an evolution as well, but due to all the controversy that it's been able to cause back in the day, it probably won't. d: They may want us to kind of just forget about this Pokémon, but I can't be completely sure. This Pokémon will receive a MegaEvolution at some point in the future, though, if that counts, because Junichi Masuda's stated that he wants to give a MegaEvo form to all Pokémon one day. :)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, I have to agree with that. The anime episode was also banned because of this, and the alluding qualities of Jynx makes it something Pokémon creators don't want us to dwell on. This must be why they are introducing Mega-Evolutions, because they cannot change old Pokémon.

However, I also feel a Jynx evolution may do some good.

Years
  • Maybe it was just me growing up, but I always connected Jynx to Mr. Mime rather than Electabuzz and Magmar. Then again, they all got prevolutions, so maybe all four of them are sort of linked?

As far as Jynx goes, though, I'm not really sure how popular it would be if it got an evolution, but then again, I said the exact same thing about Tangela a few years ago. Some of those deviantart concepts that Black Dynamite linked aren't half bad, though, and I wouldn't have been opposed to seeing something like that released alongside Magmortar and Electivire. Who knows... maybe we'll still get a Jynx (mega) evolution at some point.

Years
  • You know you just stole my thought. Of course I also want a Jynx evolution very much . Even though I don't like Jynx's design, I am huge fan of it's dual type as well as it's power. Really want to see it's next evolution much like Electabuzz and Magmar

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I guess the reason that they scrapped giving Jynx an evolution, it's most likely the controversy about her. Though one should note that Porygon 2 was given an evolution in Gen IV, where Electivire and Magmortar made their debut.

Part of me think that, Frolass was might be actually Jynx's evolution, but they decided to cancel it during some point. Of course Froslass was redesigned to make it feel like part of Snorunt's evolution.

Here are Jynx and Froslass's similarities:
    • They both 'wear' dresses;
    • They are both female-only species;
    • They have similar origin: 'snow woman (Yuki-onna 雪女)';
    • Their Speed are consider as the (one of) best stats of their individual stats;
    • Both have similar skin color: Look at Froslass's eye lids and mouth, compare it to Jynx's skin color;
    • Both are dual typed.

Last edited:

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
  • http://www.deviantart.com/fanart/?q=jynx%20fakemon
    i wouldnt mind if it got another evolve form which looked similar to the 3rd picture in the link
    That 3rd one would be quite good but just as a normal evolution rather than a mega form. It's not bulked up enough to be a mega.
    I think that's just how the ball rolls, unfortunately. I wouldn't mind a Jynx evolution, since it isn't the best Pokemon. But in saying that though, it can hold its ground in battle and does have an interesting range of moves.

In an overview, if it eventually gets an evolution, great! If not, oh well. I'm really not that fussed.
    True that it's not the best around. In all honesty, I didn't really use Jynx in Gen 1 but used it more once Smoochum was released in Gen 2. It felt better using it once it had an evolution line to it.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Jynx evolution but how do you expand upon an opera singer? There's not much that you could tinker with and it already can stand its ground in battle. I don't think it necessarily needs an evolution as there are better Pokemon out there that deserve one like Dunsparce. While I see what you mean, I don't think Jynx needs one just yet. I don't see it coming but if it does, then great! :]
    There was actually an evolution of Dunsparce in a ROM hack I played. It was a dragon type and looked pretty good. Here's a link - http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...UorUtq5MIbYswbyp4GgCA&ved=0CIABEPUBMAk&dur=65
    I always thought that Pinsir, Tauros and Mr. Mime fit in with those three, so I wasn't overly surprised that a couple were left out of the evo chains. Yeah I'd love to have a Jynx evo. I think Psychic/Ice is very interesting and being able to expand on that would be interesting in all aspects.
    Mr Mime I can link in with them but not really Pinsir or Tauros as it's been a while since they were kinda linked and don't even have baby forms.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    True, that's probably why they didn't give it an evolution. I kinda viewed Magmar and Electabuzz as a duo. Probably due to the fact that they were version-exclusives in Gen I and re-makes, as well as DP, whereas Jynx is available in every game except the Hoenn three. Plus, what would they've called the item for evolution? Icerizer? Jynxerizer? Would've been awful.
    I also don't want a Jynx item as I don't like the original. At least Smoochum's kinda cute in an overbearingly cute kinda way, Jynx is just freaky.

Years
  • I dread to see what a potential Jynx evolution would look like. It'll probably scar me for the rest of my life if I ever see one.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    My reaction to the title of this thread.

<Video Removed>

I like started singing this song instantly.

But yeah Jynx is an ugly pokemon it deserves that hate after it destroyed my team in FireRed

Last edited by a moderator:

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • There actually was a post that sadly turned out to be fake that had an evolution of Jynx on a X/Y poster. It looked so real. It floated around during the first release of Mewtwo Y. Yes, way back when.

If they do make one, I'd hope it would look just like a Gyspy of some kind. That would be really cool, I think.

Back