• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Now we have absurd amounts of video RAM in our GPUs.

Seriously, they're practically their own little computers - and a lot of that part is actually true these days.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Now we have absurd amounts of video RAM in our GPUs.

Seriously, they're practically their own little computers - and a lot of that part is actually true these days.

OMG I know right. Have you seen the specs on the Nvida Telsa K40?

12GB of GDDR5 at 384-bit bus width with a clock cycle of 3.0GHz. And that is just the RAM. That beast has 2880 CUDA cores with a peak throughput of 4.29 Tflops!

Granted it costs 1/4 of my car, but d***!!

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014

12GB of GDDR5 at 384-bit bus width with a clock cycle of 3.0GHz. And that is just the RAM. That beast has 2880 CUDA cores with a peak throughput of 4.29 Tflops!

Hold me, I think I'm in love with that server. ♥ I'd love to work in the IT field but getting certifications is proving difficult for me. :(

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021

Heh? Well, at least you could practically throw everything at it.

On another topic, I hope the Nokia Lumia 930 is out by my next birthday, because that's what I'm getting. If not, well... gotta think about what would be the closest phone to that.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    The phone upgrade bug strikes people again.

I'm not renewing my contract, so I won't be getting 4G data speeds in any form, but not that it matters. HSPA+ is plenty fast.

Years
  • My parents are considering getting new iPhones sometime this year. However, what worries them is that they'll lose their unlimited data with Verizon (it was only 3G anyways).

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • My parents are considering getting new iPhones sometime this year. However, what worries them is that they'll lose their unlimited data with Verizon (it was only 3G anyways).

I ditched Verizon for T-Mobile. VZW is good, but way too expensive. :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I love Iphone but iOS 7 drains my battery. Guys I need help! I want to keep my Avast but this popup gets annoying, is there anywa to get rid of it:

Spoiler:

? D:

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    After years of using iPhones, I've started to regret it D: I'm actively looking for ways to get the OnePlus One at this point.

I meant regret the data plan :P The iPhone is not one of my favorites but if he likes it good for him lol

@acatfrommars no idea D:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My iPhone is extremely old, haha. I bought it about six years ago. Might buy a new one, but my current is still working without any trouble at all. Well, it does make it tough sometimes to hear what people are saying over speaker, but that personally doesn't bother me too much. Plus, I also have Android; one more reason as to why I shouldn't get another iPhone. They're pretty expensive, too, so there's that.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • In the near future our family will all be getting Samsung Android phones with 4G and 802.11ac capabilities. I myself am saving for a Galaxy S4, since Windows phones are too different for me and their app store lacks quite a bit (from what I hear), and don't even get me started on Apple and their iPhones. Ew.

Along with picking our phones' service providers, I'm going to be deciding our ISP when we move… I'm looking hard at you, Comcast.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Any iPhone users got the new skype update? It's an exact replica of the windows app.

Spoiler:

What iPhone do you have right now, Ashley?

Well if you get an iPhone, you are forced to get a data plan. No exceptions. xD At&T is okay, but when you live in an area like...where I'm at right now, the signal is just spotty. We have 4G (and LTE), but it's extreeeeeeeemely spotty. I really like T-Mobile and I'm totally switching once I decide to upgrade to an iPhone 5S.

I love Iphone but iOS 7 drains my battery. Guys I need help! I want to keep my Avast but this popup gets annoying, is there anywa to get rid of it:

Spoiler:

? D:

It depends on the iPhone you have. I have a 4S right now and the battery life is great. I hardly ever charge it overnight because it drains only 5-10% of its battery power while I sleep (because I don't have any apps running other than skype mobile).

Also, do you have adblock enabled? Avast usually alerts you when a certain ad on a certain webpage has some sort of malware. It's there to keep you on the safe side.

Years
  • Any iPhone users got the new skype update? It's an exact replica of the windows app.

Spoiler:
    Also an exact replica of the Android app as well. The Android app has looked like that for quite some time as well. Do the smileys still animate in the iOS version though?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back