• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Least favorite Gen 2 pokemon

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
For all the great Pokemon GSC brought us, there were a few rotten eggs. What were your least favorites, and why?

For me Hoot Hoot and Noctowl were pretty poor and boring for me. As were Ledian and its pre-evo.
I absolutely hated Igglybuff, because IMO it was completely uneeded, had essentially the same design as Jigglypuff but worse, and was horrid to look at. I also didnt like Qwilfish because it was wasted potential. Water and Poison typing is unique and could have been amazing, had they actually given it an evolution. Oh, and of course, Delibird.

Years
Most of the baby Pokemon were pretty pointless. I hated Smoochum in particular. Also think Qwilfish was wasted potential could do with a mega evolution.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
1. Wobbuffet - Omg get this thing out of my face I just can't stand this one in particular. They just look so... lame and annoying, especially in the newer gens they have got the Shadow Tag ability and moves like Mirror Coat etc... .___.

2. Smeargle - Just another... not so useful and appealing Pokemon imo. Sure, sketch move is nice, but meh... they just aren't that useful to me.

3. Dunsparce - I'm no Dunsparce hater (in PMD Gates to Infinity he is kinda cute), but he is so... under-appealing... not interesting to use at all. Maybe if he did get an evolution or so...

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I an unown to what my least favourite gen 2 pokemon is. It was an amazing gen.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I suppose I sort of dislike Typhlosion, but that's only because of its name; it doesn't exactly stand out to me. It definitely would've been a lot nicer if they were a bit more creative, haha. Besides that, there's nothing else.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
the only pokemon from gen 2 I don't like are unown. Mainly because I feel they could have been handled so much better I mean you do have to do a puzzle to get them. But when you get them they have bad stats and only know hidden power.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My least favourite Johto Pokemon is Stantler, because it annoyed me a lot in the Johto games, by putting my Pokemon to sleep, and KO'ing some of them.

Other Gen 2 Pokemon I don't like are Unown, Girafarig, Dunsparce, and Pineco.

Raging Umbreon

Pkmn Trainer
Years
Delibird because of his limited movepool definitely made me dislike him.
Smeargle is cool because of his unique attack sketch. But never liked his design and his low stats.
Unown is just awful. Only has hidden power as an attack. The only cool thing is that they come in all letters of the alphabet.
Hoot Hoot and Noctowl I just don't like them very much.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I liked Girafarig and Stantler! For me the worst GSC additions would have to be Delibird, Shuckle and Wobbuffet.

The Serious Table

Can't touch this
Years
Wobbuffet because it's useless to me. In game it's useless. Competitively it's useless because it's banned. Why does it exist? I DONT KNOW. CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS?

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
1. Yanma- Never been a fan of that annoying thing. Looking back, it's not as brutal as I make it to be, plenty of color and definition in it. Still, it's annoying.

2. Sudowoodo- It's a tree! Nope! It's not a Grass type either! Get a load of this! It looks pretty goofy and uninspiring. They could do a fake tree better than this.

3. Murkrow- Another lame one-off Pokemon. It's too small and has nothing to it. I didn't mean it needed a fedora (*er hem*), but for a Dark type, it lacks in design.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
Years
Well, the second generation is my favorite so it's kind of hard to pick a Pokemon that I dislike... But I'd say Girafarig is kind of bland, never really had any interest in it >.<

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I never really thought much of Sneasel until it received an evolution. It was like a more frail Absol. I tried using many times but with Dark and Ice being Special types and Sneasel's Attack being its main draw it never really got much use from me in the later games when you were pretty much exclusively using Slash every turn. Still, Screech + Slash was kinda fun.

I really enjoyed using it in Gen IV however.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Gen II has some of my favourite ever Pokemon; Meganium, Crobat, Heracross, Scizor, Kingdra, Umbreon... but it also had some stinkers. Like, some really, really awful Pokemon.

Qwillfish, Yanma, Smeargle, Shuckle, Delibird, all utter tripe.

I think Unown takes the prize for me. I ****ing hated those things.

Years
Unown - Ugh. Speaks for itself.

Octillery - Remoraid/octillery don't go together, and octillery is such a boring, lazy-eyed, octopus. I mean octopuses are so strange and intriging on their own, yet GF managed to make a boring one.

Hitmontop - Punching Boxer, Kicking Martial Artist, and.....Spinning top pokemon?

Granbull - Snubble was so cute, and then it evolved :(

Years
Hitmontop, and Unown. Especially Unown. Kinda hate Scizor when playing the original gen 2 games because I have no one to trade a scyther with metal coat. Then again there's always just cheating it at a low level in an emulated version.

Back