• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [Alpha 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
I can no longer continue this project, and development has been taken over by DraconianWing.
Further updates can be found in the new topic [here].

Pokémon Sigma Σmerald
2vhzTRO.gif

Current Release: Alpha 3 (7-29-14)

With Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby on the horizon, I decided to turn my pet project (formerly Emerald+) into a Gen 3 remake de-make. The story will remain largely unchanged with a focus mostly on mechanics upgrades, however major story changes featured in AS/OR may be added in later. That said, let's get down to some features...

Fully Implemented:
Spoiler:

New moves added:
Spoiler:

In Progress:
Spoiler:

Known Bugs:
Spoiler:

Future Plans/Possibilities:
Spoiler:

Note that any of these features, implemented or planned, may be subject to change.

*NOTE: These are old screenshots. New ones to come with the beta release.
It would take a lot of space for screenshots demonstrating everything, so here are just a few samples:
Hw45lPp.png
6ZEN4XD.png

Au61hPF.png
YMRordy.png

tpwMjxy.png
OPDW1uJ.png

7JWJkCZ.png
u1Oj1Kw.png

4diHEZ6.png
6v00Qqd.png
F9LVPaQ.png

More screenshots to come as more features are finished/implemented. Any (reasonable) suggestions are always welcome.

Credit where it's due:
Spoiler:

Attachments

• Sigma Emerald Encounters.txt
    16.6 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
This looks really well made. Introducing new mechanics makes it fantastic in my opinion. I can't wait to play this! I wish you good luck and goodwill on this hack :D

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Yey!~ You finally posted it.. XD... are only the fairy moves are added, how 'bout the others? do you plan to add them? are you gonna add gen IV/V/VI pokemon or evolutions of the previous Gen I-III pokes? how many abilities have you added? or plan to add? If a sprite resource containing the 2nd sprite frame for Chaos Rush's Sprite Resource from Gen I - VI, would you add them or stick with no 2nd sprite frame? Are there any stat changes aside from the Gen VI stat changes?

Sorry for the barrage of questions.. XD

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
Yey!~ You finally posted it.. XD... are only the fairy moves are added, how 'bout the others? do you plan to add them? are you gonna add gen IV/V/VI pokemon or evolutions of the previous Gen I-III pokes? how many abilities have you added? or plan to add? If a sprite resource containing the 2nd sprite frame for Chaos Rush's Sprite Resource from Gen I - VI, would you add them or stick with no 2nd sprite frame? Are there any stat changes aside from the Gen VI stat changes?

Sorry for the barrage of questions.. XD

Hit 5 time(s)!

So far I've only been adding Fairy moves. I may add in some of the newer moves later on, but that'd be a 'future plans' kinda thing. I'm also keeping it at 386 for now, because it feels kinda crowded as it is; some areas have 4-5 different wild Pokes to fit them all in, so I may need to go back and tweak encounter rates a bit more.

As for abilities, here's what's inserted and functional right now:
Spoiler:

And the ones I'm working on/are partially implemented right now:
Spoiler:

And plenty more I haven't started with yet. I'd ultimately like to get in all of the new abilities used by Gen 1-3 Pokes.

Right now I'm using still sprites, but if 2nd frames were added for Chaos Rush's collection I'd definitely go back to using animated ones. The only stat changes are the new Gen 6 changes, I don't plan on altering the balance any myself.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Some of the stuff you've added looks nice. Are the sprites still animated, or did you just go with the single frame stuff and remove the animation?

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
For now, the animations have been removed and the sprites are still frames. If Chaos Rush's collection gets second frames (and I haven't heard anything suggesting it will) they'll be re-updated to be animated again.

Small progress update, the ability Competitive has been added. Untested yet, but should be functional. I'm still slogging my way through updating a bunch of move to have Gen 6 effects too. Toxic needs to never miss for poison types, Ghosts need trap immunity, stuff like that. I have a dozen-ish more abilities I'd like to get in before releasing an alpha, but hopefully that won't take too too long.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
This looks absolutely fab, RSE sideshow hacks are my drug. <3

Cannot wait to play!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 20, 2018
The screenshots look good, and love the concept of it. When its released will there be a file that lists out the changes, because i am not entriely familiar with all the changes that occured between gen 3 to 6 (ie who gets what ability,ex) but what from what i do see in your posts, this does sound like an incredible project and i cannot wait to try it.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
You can add cross generation evolutions like magmortar, honchcrow, etc.?

I've thought about adding the Gen4 pre/evolutions, but a few of them use new evolution conditions that didn't exist in Gen 3 (like level up w/ move learned). If I can a) find a way to add those evo conditions or b) come up with suitable alternatives I'll consider adding them.

I won't do the full Gen 4 dex though, Hoenn is just too small for ~500 Pokes to reasonably fit in.

The screenshots look good, and love the concept of it. When its released will there be a file that lists out the changes, because i am not entriely familiar with all the changes that occured between gen 3 to 6 (ie who gets what ability,ex) but what from what i do see in your posts, this does sound like an incredible project and i cannot wait to try it.

Thanks! As far as who gets what ability, I haven't made out a full list yet. I'll be following Bulbapedia's ability listings as closely as possible unless otherwise noted. I will have notes for what each of the new/changes moves and abilities do.

Also, moar progress update. I'm working on Infiltrator now (currently only bypasses Safeguard, working on ways around Reflect/Lightscreen/Substitute), and have move effects for Baby-Doll Eyes and Flower Shield, and am working on Misty Terrain (currently just a carbon copy of Safeguard). No animations made for them yet so they're not implemented, but I do have some ideas.

Surprisingly, Flower Shield didn't need any ASM. Also looks like it'll be a signature move for Sunflora, of all Pokes XD

Last edited:

Jaypz

Cool Trainer
Years
as much as I love emerald hacks I'll definitely go for this one

animations should stay because that's what makes emerald unique from other pokemon gba games and it makes it more lively than just calling them out looking like frozen or like statues

will you update the tiles too? making it more gen VI style will be great

Years
Very interesting hack! I'll be watching this eagerly until a beta/release is made. Just wondering though, will there be more than 50 TMs like in later generations or no? Also, will any of the game be decapitalized? Anyway, good luck on this hack!

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
Bad news first: In an unfortunate turn of events I managed to lose quite a bit of progress on many of the new abilities and move effects I've been working on. It's a setback, but not an unrecoverable one.

Now the good news: I decided to go ahead an put out the first alpha for y'all to mess around with. Among the major changes are the introduction of Fairy type, 9 new Fairy moves, and a bunch of Gen 1+2 Pokes added in the wild (first post had been updated for the full list of current changes). The new moves all have unique animations too, so keep an eye out for those. Pokes all have their vanilla abilities only, and most move effects are unchanged; Growth is updated, and new moves have unique effects where noted.

I don't expect too many bugs in this one (still let me know if/when you find any), but what I'd really like is input on wild Poke encounters. New ones have been added to land/water routes, caves, etc. kinda haphazardly, and they'll need some major refining. Placement and encounter rates both.

Very interesting hack! I'll be watching this eagerly until a beta/release is made. Just wondering though, will there be more than 50 TMs like in later generations or no? Also, will any of the game be decapitalized? Anyway, good luck on this hack!

I don't have any plans for more TMs right now, although if I do add more moves in the future it'd certainly be a possibility. I think I'm one of the few people who like the capitalization in older games, but I may go back and decap it later. There hasn't been any new dialogue added in (yet), so a decap patch for vanilla Emerald should work in the meantime if you can find one.

So, should I stop making my Emerald 650 patch? :/

I'd never tell someone to stop their project ;) I'd definitely consider adding/expanding new areas to fit the many Pokes though. Do something ambition like bring the Sevii islands into Emerald.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Oh my god. I think I just fell in love with you and this Hack.

This is what I've been searching for all my life, and the fact that it makes you able to catch all 386 Pokémon, from Gen 1 to Gen 3, it's just awesome when you pair it with the new Fairy-type and new mechanics you added. I just have a few questions/requests.

1) Is it possible to add the BW Repel System to Pokémon Emerald or only to Fire Red? If it's possible, would you add it? It'd be awesome.

2) Please, please, add new moves like Close Combat, Sucker Punch, the Elemental Fangs, Earth Power, Leaf Storm, stuff like that! Pokémon like Sceptile (Leaf Storm), Mightyena (Sucker Punch) etc. would require this since you added the PSS in and Leaf Blade, best Sceptile's move, it's now Physical, Mightyena can now use Dark-type moves effectively because they are not Special and other stuff like that. Dark Pulse would be cool too, since Houndoom has only Physical Dark STABs and would be awesome with Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower/FireBlast, Sludge Bomb.

3) Will you give the National Pokédex at the start or the Regional one?

4) Also, will the Pokémon in the Battle Frontier be edited? I know PGE has some kind of editor I think, you could use that if you do it. Battle Frontier is one of the reasons Emerald is my favorite ROM.

Doomilicious

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 7, 2015
been playing for a couple of hourse now, i dont think i've encountered any bugs really polished hack, i have 1 question, and that is where can i find an eevee ?
i really want to thank you for the work you've done it's an amazing hack, very refreshing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back