• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your own game!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Let's say that one day, you'd won some lottery of sorts, which allows you to work with any video game company to make your game, whether it be sequel, prequel, spin-off, or a new series entirely. Only catch is that if you select either of the first three options, you would be limited to games of whatever company you're happening to be aligning yourself with; for example, if you've chosen Nintendo, your selection would range within Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, Kirby, Star Fox, and other games that they publish (same goes for everything else, such as characters, scenery, music, and so forth). Once development is finished, you would be gaining ten to thirty percent of all income they earn from your video game.

With all this in mind, what would be your game--a new series, spin-off, sequel, or prequel? What would you title it? If you're going to include new characters here, how would they be? If you'd have already-existing characters make appearance, which are you choosing? What are some features and mechanics you would like to see in it? How would you expect its plot to turn? Finally, even though this is a bit off-topic, what are some things you would like to do with all money you gain?

Let's be as creative as possible, guys.

Years
    This would make a good video game show down prompt. Hmm. I wondered this myself.

Definitely a new series, as long as it receives sufficient popularity.

Qualities of games I love:

Spoiler:

Game: The Creator

Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I'd probably want to work for Gearbox. Those guys have been impressing me since the Half-Life expansions. Being able to work on Borderlands would be pretty awesome, but I think that it would be really cool to make a sequel to Opposing Force where Shephard (Yes there was a Shephard long before Mass Effect) returns to the crazy world that Gordon has created at the end of HL2. Having someone who was last on a military operation suddenly thrust into Antlion infested City 17 would be pretty awesome. It would also give room to expand on the story of Half-Life as a whole. But honestly I just want a setting to turn off New U stations in Single Player on Borderlands games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'd work for Capcom and create a new fighting game series. Borrow some mechanics from other well-known fighting game developers like Namco and introduce some new characters. Then maybe Capcom will like them enough to add them to their Street Fighter franchise. :)

Yukari

I could sit here and spend hours typing about what my game would be like. Hell, I have a long list of games I've designed that probably will never get made.

But in an attempt to stay on topic I would work with a company like square and Make an original RPG series, or maybe just one game. One with a very long and elaborate plot. It would also have a unique combat system taking different elements from all kinds of RPGs and mix them together. Oh yeah, and it would have Anime style art since I love that style so much.

As far as features go it would probably have a large open world. And a very detailed one with tons of lore and secrets to find. But also throughout the game you can make choices that influence your progress (To encourage replaying the game.) You know, different features and things like that to encourage both replays, and exploration.

I'm stopping here because I could keep this up for hours.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I actually have this planned, haha. I want to work for Naughty Dog someday and hopefully get this happening, but if not, I always have my imagination. ;o; Anyway, I want to continue the Jak series with Abbi and Daxter. The story would involve Abbi, Jak and Keira's daughter. Because of the Dark Eco experiments performed on Jak, the Dark Eco flows through him and this was passed to Abbi. Jak's Light Eco powers, however, were earned. Miserable with her life consumed by ridicule for her dark powers, Abbi sets off with Daxter to get her light powers. Unfortunately, she is deceived by Veger, who in Jak 3 took on the form of a Precursor. He uses this to cause some...stuff to happen that I haven't figured out yet that causes the world to go into turmoil and cause everyone to turn on Abbi once it's revealed it was her fault. The second game picks up right at the end of this for her real journey to light, though I haven't worked out that one quite yet. Both will follow the general gameplay of the second and third games in the series, with some added weapons like a flamethrower and a hula hoop.

There are other various small things I have worked out as well, like Abbi's design, personality, Jak taking over Spargus after Damus' death, Ashelin rebuilding Haven City, keeping Precursor Orbs to trade for cheats, etc. There's all that good stuff and then some.

Easter egg: Abbi is named after ABBBBBBK because Abbi is lead by a false Precursor; ABBBBBBBK was released because of the false prophet.

A Jak fanatic can dream...

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I have quite a few ideas of original games, but I'll keep them for myself for now :> as I try to find some time to devote to GameMaker Studio.

If I could work with an established publisher on an existing franchise, however, I would take the money to Sega and direct a sequel/reboot to these beauties (spoiler tag because I feel bad about hotlinking) :

Spoiler:

The Wonder Boy series, or more precisely, the Monster World sub-series. An amazing series IMHO, and that would really benefit from a 3D treatment. Ever since I've heard this metal remix of one of the themes from Monster World II (aka Wonder Boy: the Dragon's Trap) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjvZ5mYDZQc , I kept imagining a 3D game similar to Zelda, but much more action-oriented, and with somewhat Dynasty Warrior-esque battles.

If I could make a sequel, I would put a Sonic Adventure-like approach to it: three adventures that come together at the end. I'd put the three protagonists from the four games in it:
    • Asha, the protagonist from Monster World IV, as an agile fighter, with no access to magic (as it was in the original game).
    • Shion, the protagonist from Monster World III aka Wonder Boy in Monster World: a less capable fighter, but with access to powerful offensive magic.
    • Bock Lee Temjin, the protagonist from the first two installments (known outside of Japan as Wonder Boy in Monster Land and Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap) , who, in the second game, underwent a curse that changed him into various animal forms. In this game, the curse would come back, but Bock would learn to control it, turning him into a full-fledged shapeshifter.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    A new series with unique characters, set in a world that resembles Metro Detroit (to keep a strange, oxymoron of an atmosphere full of industry and nature, wealth and poverty, and filth and cleanliness), with a strange unpredictable storyline with the ability to play as any character and features much customization. Features interesting themes regarding hopelessness. It would likely be a rougelike RPG with a niche audience.

I make games in my spare time and I would likely just be my own one-horse show.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    Oh me, oh my.... I have many ideas, but the one I'd want to share most is something similar to the Wii title possibly developed by THQ, who is out of business... so, yea... is Deadly Creatures. This game puts you in the perspective of both a spider and a scorpion, you play both creatures. Basically, you're scurrying about, trying to survive while two men look for American Civil War gold in the Sonoran Desert.

I very much like the concept, where you play animals in a combative game, where a goal is in mind.

So, my idea is that you play one of a number of dangerous creepy crawlers, seeking to claim territory. Avoid obstacles, poison, face off against other critters, and even larger animals like owls, cats, and so on. Perhaps there can be mechanics of Tokyo Jungle, where newer generations of your selected creature to continue terrorizing the home.

I realize these ideas may not be consistent, but THAT'S the kind of game I'd want to make.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As for myself, if I were even given such an opportunity, one thing I would most definitely consider doing is kicking off another title for F-Zero, which might possibly wind up helping the series to continue all-together. F-Zero was one of Nintendo's best video game series out there (for those of us who've played, I'm sure many could agree) right beside their own Mario Kart, and although it did have darker vibe and tone, it still had its fan-base.

I understand that they wound up putting F-Zero on ice due to it not being able to sell, as it's not precisely aimed towards everybody. Plus, one other thing is those who were able to play didn't wind up giving the series much of an actual chance. If they had, they likely would have enjoyed. Though, this could be slightly dodged if more promotion is put, so if it were up to me to restart and whatnot, that is one thing I'd remember to being doing.

Aside from above, another game I'd make a sequel for is Megaman Battle Network series, as I've always found it to be pretty intriguing. It ended after BN 6, I believe, and its occurrences were all based off their anime. In-anime, however, much more events have happened, which they're yet to cover in terms of video games. If there had been a Battle Network 7, this probably wouldn't have been an issue.

Making my own series would be pretty cool, but that would require a lot of effort in general, so I'll likely stay away from it, haha.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I think a pokemon style game with way better graphics and aimed at a mature audience would do very well. I'd probably work with BioWare, since I absolutely love the Mass Effect series, and I think they could pull this off well.

An open exploration where you capture monsters and make them fight for you against other people. It's pretty much like pokemon, but this time there's actually going to be a plot, and the battles are going to be much more visually appealing. The combat mechanics would be a bit different, maybe not relying on type matchups, but rather just straight stats, and it would pretty much be an open world like Skyrim. I think the whole capturing monsters thing has potential, but pokemon refuses to exploit it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    It can only be Microsoft; and then I force them to create a new Banjoo&Kazooie/Conker game (depends on what I feel like doing). Of course it has all the good elements of the old games, but with better controls and graphics and polished game mechanics (should be obvious). I don't even care for the money, as long as the games come out :P

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Well I'm so divided on this, I can't choose aah. On one hand, I'd like to work with Intelligent Systems and make a much-needed sequel for Advance Wars. Would probably release it on both the 3DS and the Vita.

And on another hand, I wanna make my own game, Cursed.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Considering Data East went bust, I think I'd align with a company called G Mode and create a sequel to the really difficult High Seas Havoc, and call it High Seas Havoc 2: Double Adventure. There would be a few new characters you would meet, and the game would have a storyline to which the original didn't. You would play as Havoc and also as Tide for some levels in the game. Not sure how the plot would go, but it would involve protecting a certain piece of treasure.

Back