• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ugly deleted threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukeblue0207

Shuckle worship lol
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2017
    What are your choices for double battles?

Mine are Bellosom and Jumpluff
    Chlorophill is so amazing!

Last edited:
    Years
    Welcome to the forum! Not sure what you're looking to discuss with this thread, but here in ORAS, we discuss things pertaining to specifically ORAS, and not Pokemon games in are some options that I think would suit you:

Pokemon Gaming Central - Perfect for discussing aspects of Pokemon that pertain to all the games, or multiple at once, like preferred pokemon in a double battle/
    Battle & Team Building - For discussing everything related to the Competitive Battling side of Pokemon.

Remember that this section is for ORAS-specific topics only, so make sure to familiarize yourself with what goes in every section before posting anywhere! Have a good time on PC :]

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    Pokemon Omega Ruby Help

Hi, i live in america (usa) and i purchased an omega ruby download code from the uk, i would like to know if there is anyone who could get an american one and trade with me? if not could you find a place online i could?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Hi, normally I would encourage you to use the Quick Questions thread because this isn't a discussion thread, but this forum isn't really the place to ask for download codes so I'm going to lock this :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Pokemon of The Week - Swampert (four shiny mudkips to give away)

Hey Guys! Every week on our Youtube Channel were giving away four shiny Pokemon on our Pokemon of the week video! This week our pokemon of the Week is Swampert! So were giving away 4 shiny Mudkips! All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is comment on the Youtube video and share it! We'll pick 4 winners next week at random and contact them through Youtube!

We've spent a decent amount of time putting this video together, and want to improve it as we go! We would appreciate any feedback you guys could give us on the video, like improvements, and things you think need to be added.

(sorry if posting this video here isnt allowed)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Has anyone gotten mysterious shiny legendaries in their Pokedex?

So in Alpha Sapphire I got an event Darkrai traded to me (6th gen giveaway) and I looked in the pokedex for it's entry and the Darkrai entry was shiny even though the Darkrai I got was not shiny. I was however able to change it's appearance in the pokedex between shiny and normal, yet the pokedex says I only encountered it once, so I couldn't understand how 1 entry could have two forms in teh pokedex entry so I started looking at other legendary entries and sure enough, I have mysterious entries:

Latios is shiny, but I haven't even caught it yet, and it shows I only encountered it once.

Has anyone else had mysterious shinies appear in their pokedex for ORAS? I remember someone making a similar post a couple months ago about a shiny appearing in their pokedex but I can't find it.

and on a side note, it says I encountered Kyogre 2 times but I only encountered the one, does it's mega form count as a second encounter? Same with Rayquaza, I have the one I caught in game, one that was traded to me and it's mega form but instead of saying I encountered it twice, it says I encountered it 3 times.

Years
    Yeah its probly from secret base teams. Ive encountered shiney Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza in the same base and a Darkrai in another.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    OOOHHHH Yes, okay, that's exactly what happened! I DO in fact remember fighting a shiny Latias and Darkrai! Okay, thanks for that, I thought there was some weird glitch or that my Darkrai was hacked or something! Okay, sorry, I guess this actually isn't as big of a discussion as I thought it was going to be, thanks for that, that's exactly what happened!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    This doesn't really warrant its own thread because it's not a discussion so I'm going to go ahead and close it :P I didn't know Pokedex logged shiny formes as well!

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2015
    Best Electric Type in ORAS?

So I'm looking for an electric type for my team, which one is the best in the game? I've only ever come across Voltorb and Electrike, and I'm not a ig fan of either; I could use Cosplay Pikachu, but it's my last resort. are there any other electric types in the game that come up when I go further or are they my only choices?

Years
    I know that there's also Magnemite and Plusle/Minun, but you have to wait a long time to get the former since New Mauville can't be accessed until after the 8th badge while Plusle/Minun are pretty weak stat-wise. Chinchou is also available underwater once you get Dive, but again that's extremely late.

Electrike has its positives since Manectric has a Mega Evolution and you get its Mega Stone early, in fact right underneath Cycling Road for that matter. Megas are strong and can do a good job throughout the game, and given I used Manectric in my Alpha Sapphire it's a pretty solid choice.

As for Cosplay Pikachu, it's got the usual Pikachu stats so it's frail and can't take hits well, although on Route 120 (after 6th Gym) you can get a Light Ball there to make it extremely potent.

Basically, Electrike is probably the best option since Manectric is pretty effective throughout the game, but aside from that you could be forced to wait for a while if you want the Magnemite, unless if you have Honey or Sweet Scent to summon a Magnemite horde on Route 110.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I know that there's also Magnemite and Plusle/Minun, but you have to wait a long time to get the former since New Mauville can't be accessed until after the 8th badge while Plusle/Minun are pretty weak stat-wise. Chinchou is also available underwater once you get Dive, but again that's extremely late.
    You can access New Mauville after getting Surf, you just can't get to the generator at that time. That means you can evolve Magneton before getting the 6th badge.

One of the main problems that Electrike has is that it takes a while for it to learn a good Electrc type move. While you get Volt Switch relatively early in the game, if you want a move that doesn't involve switching out and uses it's really good Special Attack, you'd need to wait until level 30. After that it becomes really good, especially with its Mega stone being available realatively early.

Magnemite is really neat, because it already knows a specially based Electric type move and its Steel typing is really good, but you'd need to train it up a lot, because of it being a Horde Pokemon (at least if you want to catch it as early as possible).
    For encountering one, you'd only need to catch an Oddish on the same route, because they already come with Sweet Scent in their moveset.

These two are probably your best options, everything else is either tough to use, or unobtainable until way later in the game.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    Hidden Ability Johto Starters Event!

(Not sure if this has already been posted or if it's in the wrong place, if so i'm sorry)

So with all the Johto starters currently sitting in the NU tier, it seems as though we're finally getting Hidden Ability Johto Starters via Pokemon Bank from February through till November! Here's the link:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/bank-on-three-awesome-pokemon/

ugly deleted threads

It seems to me as though Feraligatr is the most likely to get moved up the competitive ranks. It looks absolutely lethal now and I'm very happy about it. It gets Sheer Force which negates the added affect of moves and adds 30% base damage. This means Waterfall, Ice Punch, Rock Slide, Iron Tail, Crunch (as well as less-likey-to-be-used moves like Body Slam, Power-Up Punch & Ice Fang) all get a boost. Plus with access to Dragon Dance & Swords Dance, Feraligatr can be set up to do some big damage and sweeping with its new ability. And let's not forget is has access to Earthquake, as well as moves like Outrage and Superpower too, which may be a lot more useful in the OU or UU metagame.

ugly deleted threads

Typhlosion gets Flash Fire, which increases Fire damage by 50% and means it takes no damage from Fire Type moves. This means the classic Choice Scarf/Eruption set is going to be ridiculously powerful with that 50% boost on a STAB base 150 move with its base 109 Sp.Atk (I'd love to see the maths), especially if you manage to switch Typhlosion in on an opposing Fire type move. And of course Fire Blast or even Flamethrower or Lava Plume will be doing massive damage. I don't know whether this means it will move up in tiers at all, but it will be interesting to see. Personally I still feel it needs a new special move to help it out, like Earth Power or something, because currently Focus Blast, Hidden Power & Extrasensory are the only real options, and are all slightly unreliable whether it be because of accuracy or lack of power/coverage, or even just the fact that by now it's completely predictable. And although it gets some nice physical moves, that 84 Attack just doesn't really cut it when you're using it as a mixed sweeper.

ugly deleted threads

Meganium gets the short straw in my opinion, getting Leaf Guard. This means it can't acquire a status condition in any type of harsh sunlight. I can see why they did it, and I suppose it is helpful with Meganium's slightly more defensively orientated stats (100 in both defenses). I suppose it can now do a nice job of setting up Leech Seed, Poisoning & hitting powerful 1-turn Solar Beams without worrying about poison, burns or paralysis, but relying on that weather is risky and encourages enhanced super-effective fire damage, plus it's going to need a turn to set up Sunny Day and that's going to waste a moveslot, unless of course it's used nicely in conjunction with Mega Charizard Y or Ninetales. It might have potential, but again, we'll have to wait and see.

Well that's my thoughts. What about yours? Do you think we will get any Guaranteed IVs? Cherish Balls? Do you think we might get any exclusive moves?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back