• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many times have you moved?

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    Welp, I'm moving in about a month, and this idea popped up in my mind. How many times have you bruhs moved (changed houses). Well, I've moved 5 times, and this is gonna be the sixth time. I actually like to adapt to new houses. I like changing. Well, you can meet some new bruhs, which is always fun.

Years
    In my whole life? About 6 times if I count Norway (that would mean 2 times this year too), 3 times in past 3 years overall.

Years
    The only place i've ever moved into is my college dorm. At my next (and final) semester i'll be living in a house.

My parents have moved at least twice, though.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I've moved twice but I was super young when I did so I don't really remember it. :|

I guess you could say I'll be moving when I go to college this fall.

Years
    I've moved twice but it was only for temporary reasons (and just across town so not far), and I was very young.

Sirfetch’d

I've only moved once and it was for a very short time. We rented a place while a bigger house was being built in place of our old one. I love my home and can't really say I am excited about moving out.

Yukari

I've moved once. From Nancy to Eubank when I was... 4 I think.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Let's see

Mexico > Los Angeles, CA > Ontario, CA > San Bernardino, CA > Mexico > Imperial Valley, CA > Mexico > Imperial Valley, CA > Houston, Texas

So as you can see...I have moved around a lot, especially in CA due to family issues and dad getting his job transferred all around, so he does travel a lot for business.

The last time I moved was for a change in life.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I've moved 11 times in my life. City to city, state to state, back to a city/state I used to live in, etc. It can actually be a lot of fun to pick everything up and move, you get to see a lot of the world that way. My most recent move was last year, moved into my own place and I'll probably move again within the year to somewhere closer to work for me.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I have moved 0 times, which honestly SLIGHTLY worries me because when I have to go off to college I'm not sure how well I'm gonna adjust to be technically not living in the same place I always have. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Bay

Years
    I've moved a few times. Let's see...

• From Oregon to California when I was like three
    • Moved to another city (City A) in California, family living with aunt
    • Moved to three different places, but same city (City A)
    • Stayed dorms in university for two years (City B) but I still visit my family
    • After university still live in same city whole time (City A) :x

So for the most part I've lived in City A most of my life haha.

Lucid

Welp, I'm moving in about a month, and this idea popped up in my mind. How many times have you bruhs moved (changed houses). Well, I've moved 5 times, and this is gonna be the sixth time. I actually like to adapt to new houses. I like changing. Well, you can meet some new bruhs, which is always fun.

I've moved twice but I was super young when I did so I don't really remember it. :|

I guess you could say I'll be moving when I go to college this fall.

I have never moved luckily. I'm really attached to this place and getting used to a new place takes some time.

I've only moved once and it was for a very short time. We rented a place while a bigger house was being built in place of our old one. I love my home and can't really say I am excited about moving out.

I've moved once. From Nancy to Eubank when I was... 4 I think.

I've moved a few times. Let's see...

• From Oregon to California when I was like three
    • Moved to another city (City A) in California, family living with aunt
    • Moved to three different places, but same city (City A)
    • Stayed dorms in university for two years (City B) but I still visit my family
    • After university still live in same city whole time (City A) :x

So for the most part I've lived in City A most of my life haha.

Twice, and I'm still not used to it. Oftentimes I dream about my old house that I've lived in every since I was young, which most likely means that this whole moving thing hasn't quite caught up with my mind yet, even years after it happened.

Then again, that's where I spent the majority of my life, so I can't say I'm surprised.

6 times in a 20 year period

Wow, you guys are really lucky. I've moved 18 times in the last 22 years, to 8 different cities and 4 different states. I'm sure you guys all got to make some really awesome memories! I'm super envious.

Years
    • To another part of the city after my parents split up
    • To England for university
    • Out of student halls because they only accommodate first years, into a private flat

then started my year abroad

• Back to Germany for a week or so (counting this as moving since I had to take all my stuff)
    • To Finland for 5 months
    • Back to Germany for about 1 1/2 months
    • To Italy

Can't wait to stay somewhere for longer than a year without having to move all my stuff to another place

Years
    I've only moved three times, and I can say that every move has been good for me in some way. The first was from France to England due to family issues, and then from our house to my apartment for university.

Years
    Let's see...

Moved from Washington state to Florida, then to Connecticut, then to Georgia, by the time I was eight years old. So already there's cross-country moves in several directions. The only move I remember from back then, and barely at that, is the one from CT to GA. The others...well, while I remember living in FL, I don't recall the move at all away from there, and I have no memories whatsoever of WA.

Stayed in GA for quite a while, and then I ended up moving from there to Pennsylvania a few years back. So basically, four moves total in my life so far.

If you count my going off to college in a city two hours away, that would add a few more, but I never considered that a proper move so idk.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Off the top of my head, I can think of eight places I've lived growing up. I'm sure there were more, since I'm sure I moved two or three times before my memory starts.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I moved once when I was three, and it wasn't that far of a move. It was really only one street over, so if I ever feel nostalgic, I can just walk over to the old house. But I don't remember the house.

Part of me wishes my family moved around more. Just because I feel like I missed some experiences. Also, I just like seeing different houses as a general thing, and living in the same house in the same neighborhood that doesn't see a lot of new people moving in is really boring.

And makes it scary for when I actually do move out.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've lived in three states and four cities overall? Arizona where I was born, then Boulder, Colorado until my mom was pregnant with my sister I believe. Then we moved to Longmont, Colorado where we eventually moved up town and then back to the other side of town into the old house before we eventually moved to Florida. Soo... five times if I'm counting right. I've lived in Florida since I was 11 (so more than half my life now) but sometimes I still think about when I lived in Colorado.

Back