• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rocket's Investigation [Epilogue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    This flavor text has been bugging me since the start of the game:
    One of the Pokémon was having lovely dreams, showing the most incredible powers and abilities. Not to be forgotten, these could all be its very own future! Even a Voltorb hiding in a pile of Pokéballs was clearer. Who are its friends? More importantly, who will be his friends later? Only time can tell.
    Should we assume this is referring to Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit? That seems to make sense given that those three apparently unlocked powers as the game went on. It specifically refers to one pokemon, though...and then there's that bit about Voltorb.

Years
    I still want to know why GP decided to attack me >_>

Speaking of, since Koffing has been confirmed as one of the rocket pokemon... shouldn't GP actually be considered a suspect? Again, he is Wobbuffet. And he did attack me, meaning if we decide to go and hit him. I'm taking a crap ton of damage.

Something just didn't feel right about you at that particular moment xD
    I wouldn't worry yourself though since nobody has attacked me.

Once again though, the pokemon themselves are not necessarily going to be typical rocket pokemon. We were told this at the beginning and we've re-established this amongst ourselves on several occasions. We are not going back over this just because you don't like getting attacked :P

Nimsy

Jackal The Ripper
    Years
    So...kill thecapsfan?
    He claimed electrode, and we know there's a voltorb in the game.
    So why lie about what evolution you are?

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Maybe it was just an error. Maybe there was a voltorb and we killed it.

I agree with Ullion that Gimme should be on our shortlist. In fact, Syn could you investigate him to find out?

Nimsy

Jackal The Ripper
    Years
    If there was a voltorb that we killed, why would there also be an electrode?

There is not a single pokemon in this game that belongs to the same evolutionary line of another pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Idk. He could also have evolved, potentially? I mean we haven't seen anyone evolve in the narrative but we know at least your old Magikarp role had evolution conditions.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    This flavor text has been bugging me since the start of the game:
    FLAVUH TEEEEXT said:
    One of the Pokémon was having lovely dreams, showing the most incredible powers and abilities. Not to be forgotten, these could all be its very own future! Even a Voltorb hiding in a pile of Pokéballs was clearer. Who are its friends? More importantly, who will be his friends later? Only time can tell.
    Should we assume this is referring to Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit? That seems to make sense given that those three apparently unlocked powers as the game went on. It specifically refers to one pokemon, though...and then there's that bit about Voltorb.

It's possible that this was referring to Nimsy when she was a Magikarp

She was meant to evolve, and if you take in in the context of the Team Rocket Magikarp, it makes sense, as his allegiance changed upon evolving. She was revealed as an Explorer upon death though, so unless it was reversed, it's probably not the case.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    We never killed a voltorb, or if we did we don't know. The flavor text I posted talked about a voltorb hiding in a pile of pokeballs, but that might have just been a metaphor (?).

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I'm gonna follow Candy and strike desinishon. Because of these boosted attacks today, we deal a great amount and I'd rather eliminate the final unknown (I'd argue him revealing isn't too helpful when he's going to be inactive), so this'll possibly knock him completely out of the picture.

[ATTACK] desinishon

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    After looking everything over, it's really, really hard to decide between the few remaining uninvestigated people. Sorry desinishon, you're pretty much the best choice at this point given that Arsonist was so inactive and you haven't been active with this character either.

[Attack] desinishon

TheCapsFan

Threat To Survival
    Years
    It's possible that this was referring to Nimsy when she was a Magikarp

She was meant to evolve, and if you take in in the context of the Team Rocket Magikarp, it makes sense, as his allegiance changed upon evolving. She was revealed as an Explorer upon death though, so unless it was reversed, it's probably not the case.

It's also possible that it could be referring to Mana, having the ability (in general) to change into any Pokemon and thus receiving the powers and abilities of that Pokemon.

Bard was Koffing yes :).

Roselia was an explorer, we took out a rocket Bronzong

Also, Wiz appears to have been a Zoroark.

[ATTACK]: desinishon

In general this seems like the best idea. Inactivity doesn't necessarily always mean scum, but inactives are more typically more likely to be scum, and inactivity does hinder the game. That's why we have subs. With this kill we can continue the game with a steady flow of posting and exchanging information.

Has anyone here ever played a game where desinishon was scum? Was he less of a presence there, too?

It's not in my position to tell Syn what to do by any means, but if I were the cop, I'd scan either Johnny or gimmepie tonight.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    ocket's Connect-ion

Night 9
    Professor Oak was still having sleepless nights. He was so worried it felt like someone had put him on a diet of chesto berries. If only he could connect to the travelling Pokémon to see if all was well. All he wanted to do was opening the secret path to make the home of Arceus and the nearby ruins of Alph connect-ed for an easy research. And then there was this package sent by Team Rocket, who rudely used my name. Was there a connect-ion with this situation?

==C==O==N==N==E==C==T==​

Today was a good day immediately the connect-ion was made between Block and Bronzong, he went down very quickly. And that wasn't all, not much later Bardothren re-connect-ed with him in afterlife. Could it be Arceus hadn't just improved the connect-ion with the explorers' inner strength, but also their luck?

Rozureido re-connect-ed to the game and replaced Daydream.

Rules
    It's night. Please PM me your night actions, if you have any. Night will last for approximately 24 hours.
    1. Logically all PokéCommunity rules apply.
    2. Everybody can attack only once during a day. Once you attacked someone, you can't retract and switch it.
    3. Day attacks must be formatted as "[ATTACK] player".
    4. Abstaining from attacking is not allowed, missing two days in a row means you couldn't keep up and was left behind. (Aka removed from the game.)
    5. All game related discussion must be kept in this thread, unless your role gives you a private chat.
    6. Once you're eliminated you're out of the game, don't haunt the thread with posts.
    7. However, everyone is given one death post, as long as it doesn't contain any game-breaking information.
    8. Don't post during the night, doing so will result in being removed from the game.

Player list
    Lycanthropy as Professor Oak
    aeternum as an Explorer
    Chesire Cat as ??? +30
    desinishon(2) as ??? -84
    Ash as ???
    Bardothren as aRocket -52
    Milotic as ??? +2
    txteclipse as ??? -20
    Nimsy(2) as ??? -2
    Davepetasprite^2 as ???
    Daydream as ???
    desinishon as an Explorer
    Draskk as a Rocket
    faer as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    Golgari as a Magma
    Ice Goddess as ??? -11
    jdthebud as ??? -8
    JohnnyMustang as ??? -10
    Juno as ???
    KetsuekiR as a Rocket
    Klippy as ???
    Mana as ??? -6
    Melody as ???
    Nakuzami as ??? -14
    Nimsy as an Explorer
    Rozureido as an Explorer
    Wiicked(2) as a Rocket -64
    Syndrome as ??? +6
    TheCapsFan as ???
    Ullion as ??? -0
    Universe as an Explorer
    Wiicked as an Explorer
    Wizardman11 as a Rocket

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    ocket's Investigation

Day 10
    Arceus's influence was still in the air and even effected the Pow! Hand Extension!, Rocket's secret machine, which was slamming around like a maniac. The apparatus has served them well, but soon enough, so feared the last Rocket, there wouldn't be anyone left to operate it. I might as well consider killing myself, but first... cause as much damage as possible.

====================​

One of the Pokémon was running around from happiness, in a zigzag pattern like he always used to as a kid. He had found an item again! Most of the berries he could find have lost their effects by now, with several threats cleared out of the way. But this item might prove itself to be useful, hopefully they will use it well.

The damage
    ??? -80
    ??? -18
    ??? -12
    ??? -10
    ??? -2
    ??? -2
    ??? +2

JohnnyMustang fainted. He was an Explorer.

All attacks deal double damage today!

Rules
    It's day. You're all free to converse during this phase as well as attack one player of your choice. Day phase will last about 48 hours.
    1. Logically all PokéCommunity rules apply.
    2. Everybody can attack only once during a day. Once you attacked someone, you can't retract and switch it.
    3. Day attacks must be formatted as "[ATTACK] player".
    4. Abstaining from attacking is not allowed, missing two days in a row means you couldn't keep up and was left behind. (Aka removed from the game.)
    5. All game related discussion must be kept in this thread, unless your role gives you a private chat.
    6. Once you're eliminated you're out of the game, don't haunt the thread with posts.
    7. However, everyone is given one death post, as long as it doesn't contain any game-breaking information.
    8. Don't post during the night, doing so will result in being removed from the game.

Player list
    Lycanthropy as Professor Oak
    aeternum as an Explorer
    Chesire Cat as ???
    desinishon(2) as ???
    Ash as ???
    Bardothren as a Rocket
    Milotic as ???
    txteclipse as ???
    Nimsy(2) as ???
    Davepetasprite^2 as ???
    Rozureido(2) as ???