• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rocket's Investigation [Epilogue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • Rocket's Investigation [Epilogue]
    ocket's Investigation

Introduction
    Rocket's Investigation [Epilogue]
    Hello, there! Glad to meet you! Welcome to the world of Pokémon!
    My name is Oak. People affectionately refer to me as the Pokémon Professor. This world… is inhabited far and wide by creatures called Pokémon! For some people, Pokémon are pets. Other use them for battling. As for myself… I study Pokémon as a profession.

Recently we discovered the existence of a hidden passage from ancient scrolls. Our research show that the legends they spoke of are linked to those of the creation of the Sinnoh region overseas. Arceus, who is seen as nobody less than the god of Pokémon, is said to be able to open an entrance in the Ruins of Alph to a location that's neither Sinnoh nor Johto: the Sinjoh Ruins. We believe that if we have found the exact location of these Ruins. If we get there, we should be able to meet Arceus himself and travel back the hidden path backwards safely.

I'm too old for such a journey or being a Pokémon trainer for that matter. Therefore we had to find a volunteering Pokémon ready from which we've assembled a team of top quality Pokémon from various trainers and sent them on their mission to Sinjoh. But even a genius can make mistakes, the Pokémon had various owners: aroma ladies, fishermen, ace trainers, you name it. Soon enough it appeared not all of them had research as their motive to help. Several Pokémon were able to continue their journey. At first this was seen as unfortunate accidents, ascribed to the weather or a food poisoning, but it's impossible it's all a coincidence. The mission is being sabotaged and there's only one organization that'd do such thing: Team Rocket!

What is Mafia?
    Mafia is a game of murder and betrayal, where the uninformed majority (Pokémon aligned with the Explorers) tries to find the bad guys and eliminate them. The informed minority (the Rockets), work together and try to reach a majority among the players.
    The game has two phases, that continuously alter each other: a day and a night phase. During the day, which lasts 48 hours, all living players are able to speak freely and discuss their suspicions. You can also attack one player during the day, dealing him or her damage equal to your attack power.
    During the night phase, during 24 hours, the thread is considered to be closed and no posting is allowed. If you have a role with a night action, you can send it to me in a private message. This is also the time where the Rockets gather to discuss whom to attack that night.
    If at any point in the game a player's health drops to or below zero, that player is eliminated.

If this is still confusing, check out The Darkest Dungeon Mafia, that used a similar hit point based system. Also, at any point during the game, you can shoot me a PM with your questions and I'll be happy to answer them.

Rules

1. Logically all PokéCommunity rules apply.
    2. Everybody can attack only once during a day. Once you attacked someone, you can't retract and switch it.
    3. Day attacks must be formatted as "[ATTACK] player".
    4. Abstaining from attacking is not allowed, missing two days in a row means you couldn't keep up and was left behind. (Aka removed from the game.)
    5. All game related discussion must be kept in this thread, unless your role gives you a private chat.
    6. Once you're eliminated you're out of the game, don't haunt the thread with posts.
    7. However, everyone is given one death post, as long as it doesn't contain any game-breaking information.
    8. Don't post during the night, doing so will result in being removed from the game.

Phase overview

Player list
    Lycanthropy as Professor Oak
    Klippy as ???
    jdthebud as ???
    Wizarman11 as ???
    Daydream as ???
    JohnnyMustang as ???
    aeternum as ???
    Blurryface/Milotic as ???
    Universe as ???
    Syndrome as ???
    Archy/Chesire Cat as ???
    Nakuzami/Sopheria as ???
    Ash as ???
    Mana as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Golgari as ???
    Juno as ???
    Draskk as ???
    Melodyas ???
    Ullion as ???
    Ice Goddess as ???
    Davepetasprite^2 as ???
    TheCapsFan as ???
    Nimsy as ???
    KetsuekiR as ???
    Childe of Malkav as ???
    Rozureido as ???
    desinishon as ???
    Bug Master Denis/txteclipse as ???
    faer as ???
    Superjolt as ???
    Wiicked as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    Arsonist as ???

Last edited:

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    omg i remember playing some Rocket mafia a few years ago.

goooood memories. i'm in.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Are all the roles/actions secret? I'm in but I'm curious as to what's happening haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back