• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 5th Gen Pokemon of the Week #4: Audino

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • 5th Gen Pokemon of the Week #4: Audino

Audino is a normal type pokemon with no evolution. It's a bipedal, pink-and-cream Pokémon with oval, blue eyes. The top of its head, its back, and arms are pink, while the lower half of its face, body, ears are cream-colored, as well as its front and fingers. It has amazing hearing abilities -- it can hear a pokemon's heart beat, to feel how the pokemon is doing, physical wise. It can also use these ears to hear when an Egg is close to hatching!

Now, the thing about Audino is that you can mostly encounter one when you search in a patch of a grass phenomenon (when the grass 'shakes'). When you defeat one, you'd usually gain high amounts of EXP, which is perfect for grinding low level pokemon!

Moves (from gen V):

--- Pound
    --- Growl
    --- Helping Hand
    5 Refresh
    10 DoubleSlap
    15 Attract
    20 Secret Power
    25 Entrainment
    30 Take Down
    35 Heal Pulse
    40 After You
    45 Simple Beam
    50 Double-Edge
    55 Last Resort

What do you think of Audino in general? Was it a pokemon that you liked using during your playthroughs? Did you like to constantly battle one for extra EXP? How does it stack up against pokemon like Chansey or Blissey? Feel free to share any thoughts!

Years
  • I love pink creatures, because Pokemon knows how to bring out the cute in them, and Audino was no exception here.

While I spent most of my Unova games slaying tons of these pink creatures to eat on their EXP points, it's actually not a terrible Pokemon to use yourself by casual play standards, having high HP and decent defensive stats, but its also got a solid wide movepool of TMs, as you'd expect from a Normal-type, so you can make it do so much in battle. Adding a Mega to it in ORAS made me love it even better, especially because the design reminds me so much of Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica (given she's white with red eyes just like Kyubey), and adding Fairy-type onto Mega Audino was also awesome, since it gave her some new moves as well.

But hey, I'm proud of Audino for being the first Unova Pokemon to get a Mega, and hopefully others will join her in future games. As for comparing it to Chansey's evolution line, Blissey may give out more EXP but Audino's isn't too far off either.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    Audino learns stab hyper voice and calm mind
    Also Audino can learn surf and thunder/bolt and ice beam

Is a pretty good pokemon

Years
  • Audino learns stab hyper voice and calm mind
    Also Audino can learn surf and thunder/bolt and ice beam

Is a pretty good pokemon

Don't forget Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Dig, Blizzard, Hidden Power and a ton of support moves, like Reflect, Toxic and Trick Room. Its offenses are weak but at least the movepool makes up for it, and the Mega becomes more durable with the increased Def/Sp. Def and Fairy-type adding extra resistances.

Years
  • Audino is a Pokémon I've only used seriously once, in Black 2, but it was pretty fun to go with. It had a lot of moves it was able to use, being given the chance to use something in almost any situation. And it's not that terrible, it just needs defense boosting moves or a good special Normal-type attack I think.

I swear, if I do another -Locke in Generation V (which I'm sure I will someday), I will have to make it a point to use Audino.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Never used one or ever plan to, but it was really something new. I trained a ton of them XD I like the Pokemon itself more as Nurse Joy's aid. Unlike Chancey it seems to actually be able to help with things more then a walking egg with stubby arms can XD

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Don't forget Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Dig, Blizzard, Hidden Power and a ton of support moves, like Reflect, Toxic and Trick Room. Its offenses are weak but at least the movepool makes up for it, and the Mega becomes more durable with the increased Def/Sp. Def and Fairy-type adding extra resistances.

Hm, do you feel mega Audino needed a better ability though? I mean Healer is kinda.. meh overall. D:

Years
  • Hm, do you feel mega Audino needed a better ability though? I mean Healer is kinda.. meh overall. D:

I found Healer to be a letdown as well. Had this Mega gotten Regenerator it would have definitely been considered more as far as competitive play is concerned. Pixilate would have been acceptable as well.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Audino is one of the finer examples of why I like the 5th gen's pokemon designs. I really like it. There's something about its appearance that just makes me want to feel attached to it, especially that really happy looking stare. Also, Audino has a pretty sizeable movepool with heavy hitting STAB moves that make it usable in an in-game team, and even in competitive as well.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    If I make a PU team it probably has Audino on it. Her value as a cleric is too good. Slap a knock off on her so she isn't taunt bait and you're ready to go.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    I spam them for xp constantly! I have never used one but I saw that someone did a solo with one.

Years
  • Audino is one of the finer examples of why I like the 5th gen's pokemon designs. I really like it. There's something about its appearance that just makes me want to feel attached to it, especially that really happy looking stare. Also, Audino has a pretty sizeable movepool with heavy hitting STAB moves that make it usable in an in-game team, and even in competitive as well.

I do feel attached to Audino's design, it's a nice and fresh take compared to your typical rabbit-like Pokemon (its ears look even more rabbit-like when in its Mega) and its design is not too complicated. Mega Audino may have a white body and red eyes that would remind one of Kyubey (that weird creature from Puella Magi Madoka Magica) but at the same time, it doesn't take too much away from Audino's design, retaining its cute image and its most notable features, especially the feelers under its ears. I usually like Megas that add a few new features but don't stray too far from the original design.

Audino also has decently balanced stats, and the versatility you'd easily expect from a Normal-type. That's why I love it so much, not just for looks but also for its battle capability.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Let's be honest.. we all just use them for EXP, right? Nah I do like Audino, particularly the Mega Evolution it received in ORAS. Can't say I've ever used one before, but I do like how much EXP they give as bad as that may sound. D:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • When just going through a playthrough normally and not going for EVs and such I would spam these things so hard
    Not sure how many Audinos i've killed over my time in the 5th Gen, but i'm gonna say it was quite a few

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Audino in general is quite weird, not a mon I would generally use, but It does have its uses. By that I of course mean I enjoyed beating the crap out of them for that little bit of sweet savory EXP. Its great when you get a lvl 1 mon to lvl 25 in one battle xD

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I thought Audino was kinda neat looking, but not a Pokemon that I wanted to have on my team. Like Chansey and Blissey, I just never really had a place for it. Everytime I encountered one, I wanted to defeat it because of the EXP benefits. I didn't go out of my way to find them, but when I did, I cherished the EXP I got.

Back