• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What did you nickname your Liberty Pass Victini?

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    The Liberty Pass was special in that it allowed the player to capture, in their game, the mythical Pokemon Victini. Events like these are/were super-duper rare, because most of the time they were either not released or Japan-only. On top of that, most event Pokemon can't be renamed. (I hope that changes in the future!)

What did you nickname your Liberty Pass Victini?

So, what did you end up naming your Victini back in the day?

I went with low-key nicknames. I called one of my Victory and the other Voyager.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • I got my copy of black the day after the event ended... I was so crushed...

But I would have named him Vic, because I am so clever and all my names have always been the first couple letters of their name. Char, Squirt, Bulb, etc...

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I've seen a lot of people name their Victini Vic, and there's nothing wrong with that name. In hindsight, I think I would have also liked to name it Vivi, from Final Fantasy IX, or Valiance (a cool word.)

I wonder if anyone gave theirs a name that didn't start with V.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I never nicknamed it actually. I rarely nickname my Pokemon really, and was just glad I was able to do the event, though I did get White the day it released.

Why Voyager though?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I decided to name my Victini as Victi-Ace, because I think Victi-Ace might be rhyming with a certain shampoo's main features back in the day, and I also wanted Victini to become my ace as well, which is why "Ace" is included as last part of my Victini's nickname.

Last edited:

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I nicknamed that Victini "MissingNo" as it is pokemon 000 and that is missingNo number.

I remember when the game came out and I was legitimately confused when Victini was #000 instead of at the very end, like most other legendaries. I totally didn't mind, but it was certainly different. I wouldn't be surprised if more people named theirs MissingNo to make a similar reference!

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • I named my Victini Pulsar. I can't even remember why, but that right there is the name I went with.

Something to do with a star, I cannot remember for the life of me.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I nicknamed mine Bang. I was really into Blazblue at the time and I felt that Victini's signature attacks were something that Bang Shishigami would do if he was a Pokémon, ha ha.

I'm not sure what I'd name one now if I got the chance, but I do wish we could go back to being able to nickname event legendaries...

Years
  • I named mine Victor because I was feeling especially creative at the time. I had planned to change it at one point, but I ended up forgetting about that before trading it over to White 2 and restarting White, so the name stayed.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • In my Japanese White, I named it Kaori. In Black, I named it AppleBunny. :) I never got around to using the one from Black until like...last year I think? I put it on my team in OmegaRuby for one of the challenge events.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • i named my victini "PYROMONSTER" in black . before playing black, in hacked gba games, i cot victini twice, and both of the time, i named it vicsquirrel.. heh heh bcoz it looks a lot like a squirrel

Back